• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs. Jets game thread

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D had a great bounce back game. The real officials coming back though seemed to help little as they tried to keep the Jets in the game with some questionable calls and non-calls.

How many times did that Jets DB get away with making contact with our receivers with the ball in the air? Alex was not so much overthrowing them as their route was slowed by this guy getting away with a little grab or bump every time. He easily prevented 3 TD passes by slowing the receivers down just enough to keep them from getting to the ball.

Also it was great to see Kap, but that pass he threw he got very lucky on. I know it's Randy Moss but that was Triple Coverage as well. Still Moss almost made that play.

Our offense was not pretty today but it got the job done. We don't have 3 and Outs all the time anymore, but we seem to pick up 2 or 3 first downs and then just stall out around mid-field now. A running play goes for a loss, Alex over throws someone, a receiver drops a pass, someone runs the wrong route, or the line fails to block, but we always seem to hit a negative play around mid-field that we can't over come and it kills our drive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I'm seeing Aldon Smith with 2 sacks in the box score. I thought I counted 3.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it was great to see Kap, but that pass he threw he got very lucky on. I know it's Randy Moss but that was Triple Coverage as well. Still Moss almost made that play.

I didn't mind him making that throw. Alex Smith needs to take a page out of his book and trust his receivers to make a play. Sometimes you have to throw the ball into coverage. How many times do you see other teams do it and the receiver makes a play for a big gain or score?

The other thing I noticed though, is that once we are in field goal range it becomes "2 down territory." It's like they get to 3rd down they aren't even gonna try and pick up the first, they are just going to play for the 3.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind him making that throw. Alex Smith needs to take a page out of his book and trust his receivers to make a play. Sometimes you have to throw the ball into coverage. How many times do you see other teams do it and the receiver makes a play for a big gain or score?

The other thing I noticed though, is that once we are in field goal range it becomes "2 down territory." It's like they get to 3rd down they aren't even gonna try and pick up the first, they are just going to play for the 3.

Well we did throw twice on 2nd and 1 and 3rd and 1 and didn't convert.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was at the game and BAMMMMM NINERS WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

guys, no lie, I don't know if you could've seen it but the stadium was outflanked by niners fans. I mean it was a sea of red on the niners side of the stadium, i mean on all 3 levels... Niners fans outnumbered the jets easily.

I'll try to post some pics or vidz but after X minute in the 4th, the jets fans fleed the stadium and it was nothing but niners.... we were chanting, WHo's got it better than us??? NOBODYYYYYYYYYYYY! lol

great win.... too excited still....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guys, no lie, I don't know if you could've seen it but the stadium was outflanked by niners fans. I mean it was a sea of red on the niners side of the stadium, i mean on all 3 levels... Niners fans outnumbered the jets easily.

I'll try to post some pics or vidz but after X minute in the 4th, the jets fans fleed the stadium and it was nothing but niners.... we were chanting, WHo's got it better than us??? NOBODYYYYYYYYYYYY! lol

Ha, awesome

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone think all the Kaepernick stuff just disrupted the flow of the offense in the 1st half?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another disappearing act by Randy Moss today. I fear he will completely tune out in another game or two and they'll have to cut him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another disappearing act by Randy Moss today. I fear he will completely tune out in another game or two and they'll have to cut him.

Let's hope so. He's washed up. Like I've been saying since the say he was signed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet that was a fun game to attend. The Jets are completely inept on offense; they haven't got a clue.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could tell. There were a lot of cheers when they were making plays.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sickening as it is to watch Delanie Walker continually ruin drives with his stone hands, I have to say he made some great blocks in the running game today. He really stood out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone think all the Kaepernick stuff just disrupted the flow of the offense in the 1st half?

Yes, but he did well doing so. If he had messed up, as in the triple-coverage being INT'd or a fumble somewhere, it would be bad in hindsight for the game (not for Kaep's career). I think the frequency in a short period may have disrupted a drive or two for Smith's offense, but he did well enough that that's welcome. He could also give everyone else a spark, too in some game down the line. Giving him reps is great because it gives him experience, either for when he starts or makes him tradeable.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but he did well doing so. If he had messed up, as in the triple-coverage being INT'd or a fumble somewhere, it would be bad in hindsight for the game (not for Kaep's career). I think the frequency in a short period may have disrupted a drive or two for Smith's offense, but he did well enough that that's welcome. He could also give everyone else a spark, too in some game down the line. Giving him reps is great because it gives him experience, either for when he starts or makes him tradeable.

That's a good point as long as those reps don't come at the expense of costing a pretty shaky offense to begin with the game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 34-0. Smith completed 12 passes for 143 yards and a 78 rating.

Let's stop talking about "Smith's" offense. We win in spite of our inept quarterback, not because of him.