• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers at Saints

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed then. At this time, I cant see somebody available that could do better then Kaep.

At this time.

Life is flux, my friend. Right now we move on with our guy until we find someone better.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, guize. We need all the help we can get.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agents I would be looking at Matt Moore, Jason Cambell, Brian Hoyer, Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, Jake Locker are all guys that could be just as successful as Kaep with this team and coaching staff.

Completely Insane. One of the dumbest things I've read in a while. :wtf2::wtf2:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd absolutely love to see what you guys could accomplish ith Jake Locker. It'd be great to witness him reach his full potential.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild and Wacky NFL Game as 49ers get it done 27-24 in OT vs. Saints

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of the NFL at it's absolute best. Wow what a freaking game between two teams that wanted this one real bad. It was a heavyweight fight to the very end as the 49ers finally threw the hay maker that dropped Drew Brees and the Siants in OT 27-24. A 49ers game that should be remembered for a long time especially if they make the playoffs this year and go all the way.

The 49ers came out throwing some big ass punches that landed early in the fight. It was 14-3 at the end of the 1st quarter and it looked like the 49ers might roll right over the top of the Saints after Gore and Hyde pounded the football into the endzone for 4yrd and 9 yrd TD runs. The O line was on a mission today and the boys looked to be enjoying themselves out there pounding that rock and driving those D lineman for the Saints into a turf grave. The 49ers looked like they really enjoyed the game of football for the first time all season. I saw great communication on the sidelines and everyone seemed to be on the same page all day. They never wavered and they stayed confident .

The 49ers had a 21-10 lead at halftime after a 15 yrd TD pass from Kap to Boldin. A key moment late in the 2nd quarter was the INT by Culliver near the 49ers own goaline saving at least 3 points and maybe more. I thought Brees and Peyton mismanaged that last minute and it cost the Saints. The coaching staff had a really good game plan today mixing things up and handing the ball to Frank Gore ...from the U and his partner in crime Mr. Hyde...from thee Ohio State University. Man, it was fun seeing those two guys do their thing today carrying the rock. Gore had 24 strong carries for 81 yards and a TD and Hyde had 4 - 36 which is a 9.0 per carry average.

The third quarter the Saints made their move as the 49ers were shut down on offense for the most part as Brees threw a TD pass the Jimmy Graham who must have his own telephone booth in the Saints locker room because Graham is Superman. That dude is a compete beast and the 49ers had no answer for him all day. The 49ers seemed to be playing a soft zone in the middle which Brees exploited all day picking up many first downs and frustrating the hell out of me watching at my favorite watering hole. The 49ers seemed willing to play that bend don't break defense not giving up the long pass to Brees who loves to let it fly but the 49ers middle was taken advantage of and they need to tighten that up going forward.

That kid Borland is going to be a great one. I was really impressed with his post game interview on the radio. A humble, classy , linebacker who is headed to a pro bowl or two. Borland backed up his 18 tackle week last week with a 17 tackle week (11 solo) today. Bethea also shined getting 8 tackles and a INT for his day.

The Saints took the lead late as the 49ers continued to be shut out in the 2nd half and the Saints fans were planning their gumbo dinner down in the French Quarter with just a little lesss than 2 minutes left in the game. Up stepped a man named Kaepernick who took all the negative energy he received right around the time of his 27th birthday during the week and showed what he could do in a pressure situation. The 49ers receivers had trouble with drops all day especially Boldin. Kap let fly with a 50 yard thunderbolt lightning throw to hit Crabtree rolling right all the way to near the sideline late and it might of just saved the whole season for the boys.

After Dawson tied it up and a scare with no time left as Graham tried to push off near the end zone catching a apparent TD. It was waved off and they went to OT and it was ding...ding for the last round. It all came down to sweet redemeption for Brooks who took a wide run around the block to bite Brees and nail his ass, making Brees fumble and the 49ers recovered the football in Saints territory. It was all up to Dawson who hit the ugliest,sweetest, sand wedge in the history of football but it went through the uprights for the win.

That was 49ers football on this Sunday as the boys showed 49ers Pride punching and fighting their way back into the playoff hunt. The big boys up front would not be denied either and were a big improvement today over a rough Rams game last week. Sunday vs. the Saints was a kick ass win and they got the job done.

Awesome effort by the 49ers !

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

on youtube...

P.O.D. BOOM (Official Video) HQ

posted by T3T023

Last edited by a moderator:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regretfully slept in most of the game but watched most of the 4th quarter. All I heard at the time was Boldin could have won the game sooner but was dropping makable passes. Anyhow, great game. Nice to be the team to break the Saints home winning streak. Very glad it ended the way it did. Reading the Jimmy Graham post game comments makes me laugh my ass off.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to take the good with the bad at this point. No one better for us on the horizon.

We are stuck with Kap. He can make breathtaking plays, but often times he is inconsistent. He lacks pocket presence and maturity. Niners will be battling the Seahawks, Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, and Packers for two wildcards. It's going to be tough for the Niners to make the playoffs. Offense is still too inconsistent and haven't scored a TD in the 4th quarter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats 9ers....must admit I missed on this game.

I did like the old school approach mixed in yesterday. Gore behind a FB 20+ times didn't yield a 100 yd game, but imo just makes the game a little easier for Kaep.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ahhhahhhhahhhha. Yup, so funny. I guess that I was just bamboozled watching our young QB almost win the SB and almost getting back there again. In his first 1.5 years starting. Guess none of that counts,eh?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the Saints get 4 2nd half time outs? They had 2 left under 2 minutes. They burned 1 to keep us from snapping the ball so the officials would review and overturn the Boldin catch. Another after the Crabtree catch and 1 on their final drive.

They shouldnt have got back the one on the Boldin drop. You cant challenge under 2mins and their time out stopped us from running a play so why are they rewarded with the timeout back?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud the refs for making the correct call on the offensive pass interference on the hail mary. Many refs would have frozen on that call because it was in the Dome and the immensity of the play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the refs were going to screw us on that Hail mary. It was so clear it was OPI but you never know with these refs, especially on the road.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland and Lynch really helping this D. It sounds like Willis is out another 2-3 weeks.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the refs were going to screw us on that Hail mary. It was so clear it was OPI but you never know with these refs, especially on the road.

I was very shocked it was called. Graham was right when he said they never make that call. This one was more obvious than 95% of the PIs on hail marys, but I was very shocked they called it. This was just as obvious as the OPI Seattle had in the Fail Mary game and that wasn't called. This was called by two refs though and it was really obvious, but they usually just let them go for it. It was the correct call, don't get me wrong, but not one they usually call in that situation.

Cox may have been able to contend for the ball but I remember seeing 2 others niners just watching the play. Wtf was up with that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhahhhhahhhha. Yup, so funny. I guess that I was just bamboozled watching our young QB almost win the SB and almost getting back there again. In his first 1.5 years starting. Guess none of that counts,eh?

Remember they lost those games because of him. his poor judgement and lack of field awareness killed the team.