• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Year NFL Cap 3rd Place : Mebert vs UK

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you smoked crack
Dan is my all time favorite, but it's highly debatable. Normally when I make the argument for Marino against Montana, its ''what if Marino had all that talent around him''. Can't really do that with Brady, a lot of times he didn't have much either

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you smoked crack

:suspicious:

It's not even a debate IMO. Brady > Marino. Nothing justifies Marino is better

Tom for most of his career was throwing to nobodys. Marino didn't have that much around him either but comparing the two...I will take Brady

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan is my all time favorite, but it's highly debatable. Normally when I make the argument for Marino against Montana, its ''what if Marino had all that talent around him''. Can't really do that with Brady, a lot of times he didn't have much either

The Dolphins never really had a defense and they certainly didn't have Belichick,

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious:

It's not even a debate IMO. Brady > Marino. Nothing justifies Marino is better

Tom for most of his career was throwing to nobodys. Marino didn't have that much around him either but comparing the two...I will take Brady

I agree it's not really a debate, it's Marino and it's not really close. The best running back Marino ever had was Karim Abdul-Jabbar the Dolphins defense aside from his first season and his last two seasons was middle of the road at best and Shula made horrible draft decisions.

I appreciate how good Brady has been but honestly it's the system as much as anything, Belichick is the reason they have done what they have, I have no doubt just about any QB could have done what Brady has done. Play good defense, don't turn the ball over and throw a shit ton of 7 yard passes and hope your receivers turn them into big gains. Marino never had Randy Moss, Marino never had Gronk, shit Marino never had anyone as good as LeGarrette Blount.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not really a debate, it's Marino and it's not really close. The best running back Marino ever had was Karim Abdul-Jabbar the Dolphins defense aside from his first season and his last two seasons was middle of the road at best and Shula made horrible draft decisions.

I appreciate how good Brady has been but honestly it's the system as much as anything, Belichick is the reason they have done what they have, I have no doubt just about any QB could have done what Brady has done. Play good defense, don't turn the ball over and throw a shit ton of 7 yard passes and hope your receivers turn them into big gains. Marino never had Randy Moss, Marino never had Gronk, shit Marino never had anyone as good as LeGarrette Blount.

Coaching won games and essentially super bowls it didnt help him make throws to shit receivers in tight windows. His best WR other than Moss was Welker. After 2 or so seasons being a nobody in Miami he magically caught 114 passes at 70% clip. Not by an accident. Brady won super bowls throwing to nobodys just like Marino, he never even won a super bowl with Moss. Marino had Mark Clayton, he wasnt bad at all.

The fact is they are both top 5 but there is no way you can say Brady is not better bc of coaching and coaching alone. That is like saying Phil made Kobe and MJ and they were part of the system. Winning is part of it, coaching or not.

According to this logic, Montana should be penalized bc he had great talent around him. Marino is top 5 but I dont put him ahead of Brady.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cones down to preference.

Do you want laser rocket arm qb, with a release so quick you can't see it with the human eye? Marino is your guy.

You want a qb that 90% of his throws are glorified hand offs where the wr does all the work after, and also knows the defense play calls before hand? You have to take Brady

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching won games and essentially super bowls it didnt help him make throws to shit receivers in tight windows. His best WR other than Moss was Welker. After 2 or so seasons being a nobody in Miami he magically caught 114 passes at 70% clip. Not by an accident. Brady won super bowls throwing to nobodys just like Marino, he never even won a super bowl with Moss. Marino had Mark Clayton, he wasnt bad at all.

The fact is they are both top 5 but there is no way you can say Brady is not better bc of coaching and coaching alone. That is like saying Phil made Kobe and MJ and they were part of the system. Winning is part of it, coaching or not.

According to this logic, Montana should be penalized bc he had great talent around him. Marino is top 5 but I dont put him ahead of Brady.

Matt Cassel went 10 - 5 as the QB for the patriots. Anybody can win in the Belichick system.

Wes Welker just happened to be a damn good receiver and just as I said before he caught a lot of 7 yard passes and turned them into 15 - 20 yard gains.

He also has had guys like Troy Brown and now he's got the newest little dude who catches 7 yard passes, don't remember his name the white guy.

I never said Brady sucked, he's obviously been a hall of fame QB because of the results but I believe there are 20 QB's that could have had the same results playing for Belichick. Also I never said it was only the coach, I did mention defense and the Patriots had a pretty good kicker that kinda helped them and lets not forget every time they won the super bowl there has been some form of cheating associated with it. I'm sure it's just a big conspiracy theory against the Patriots.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you want laser rocket arm qb, with a release so quick you can't see it with the human eye? Marino is your guy.

You want a qb that 90% of his throws are glorified hand offs where the wr does all the work after, and also knows the defense play calls before hand? You have to take Brady

Post of the year! :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. Do you want a winner that always makes the right throw or the loser, is used to losing even with a great head coach in a great system. Hmmm...I will go with the proven winner that has better numbers with undrafted receivers around him lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cassel went 10 - 5 as the QB for the patriots. Anybody can win in the Belichick system.

Wes Welker just happened to be a damn good receiver and just as I said before he caught a lot of 7 yard passes and turned them into 15 - 20 yard gains.

He also has had guys like Troy Brown and now he's got the newest little dude who catches 7 yard passes, don't remember his name the white guy.

I never said Brady sucked, he's obviously been a hall of fame QB because of the results but I believe there are 20 QB's that could have had the same results playing for Belichick. Also I never said it was only the coach, I did mention defense and the Patriots had a pretty good kicker that kinda helped them and lets not forget every time they won the super bowl there has been some form of cheating associated with it. I'm sure it's just a big conspiracy theory against the Patriots.

Cassel has not won one playoff game in his career and....Don Shula says Hello

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great comeback.... Let me say this about Belicheat.. how many Super Bowls did he win before Brady came along...it's kind of like Nos' Emmitt Smith or Bill Russell hate... At some point, when a team whips every other teams ass for several titles, you have to give the teams best player credit

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great comeback.... Let me say this about Belicheat.. how many Super Bowls did he win before Brady came along...it's kind of like Nos' Emmitt Smith or Bill Russell hate... At some point, when a team whips every other teams ass for several titles, you have to give the teams best player credit

It's weird I am kind of defending Brady bc I am not fond of the guy and I hate Belichoke with a passion but like you said you have to give them credit. Brady and Belichoke deserve credit...I just hate them both lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played in ZERO playoff games for the Patriots, it seems like you are trying to argue my point here. Has Brady won every playoff game he's ever been in or something?

Shula? He's the reason the Dolphins never put the right pieces around Marino.