• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #25 Virginia Tech (3-1) @ #17 UNC (4-1) | 3:30 est. on ABC/ESPN2

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, Hokies. Looks like y'all are the favorites in the Coastal. And, if FSU wins tonight it's basically locked up.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive win by Virginia Tech, definitely a force to be reckoned with now

CU#1Fan

BITE ME
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, I wasn't keeping up with this game. Sure wasn't expecting to see VT beat them like that. Could be a hell of a game shaping up for VT & da U for the Coastal

VTgator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT scoring 34 points, even in a monsoon. I must be in freaking HEAVEN!!:suds:

I can only imagine how Bud feels, not to mention Justin for talking Bud into staying...

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 in the ACC

83 points for
3 against

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, Hokies. Looks like y'all are the favorites in the Coastal. And, if FSU wins tonight it's basically locked up.

Don't you jinx us. Get outta here with that kinda talk. DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SJ76 What was that you were saying about FSU beating the piss out of Nebraska and how we haven't played anyone??

Y'all lost to some bed wetters.

huumcmpfvbuf5wfz7hq1.gif

Wetting the bed Happens in a hurricane. We've played 4 ranked teams. Just beat Miami @ Miami missing 2 of our defensive studs.

You were losing to Illinois going into the 4th quarter brasky... At home! :stephena: Nebbys have played no one. You barely beat Oregon at home. Did you see what Washington did to them?

You are going to have your hands full @ Indiana. Let's see what your record is at the end of OCT.

How many ranked teams have you played?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wetting the bed Happens in a hurricane.

Losing at home by 31, only gaining 130 yards, and not taking advantage of the 7 times your opponent put the ball on the ground isn't something you can blame on the weather. One team was clearly better than the other

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing at home by 31, only gaining 130 yards, and not taking advantage of the 7 times your opponent put the ball on the ground isn't something you can blame on the weather. One team was clearly better than the other

I didn't watch much of it. When i did it look like a bowl of soup. Tough to throw the ball like that. It's a different game in good weather at UNC and you know it.

Looked like 1 team showed up and the other was stilling celebrating last week's win.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch much of it. When i did it look like a bowl of soup. Tough to throw the ball like that. It's a different game in good weather at UNC and you know it.

Looked like 1 team showed up and the other was stilling celebrating last week's win.

Agreed, but I think we win by 14 instead of 31. It's not like there is a big discrepancy in talent between UNC and VT. VT is better coached and has a much better defense.

The Miami/VT game will dictate the Coastal more so than the UNC/VT game ever was

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed that no Hokie gave me advice on this

Betting V Tech OVER 7 wins

I made the bet anyway. This was my big bet, if this one comes in I cover all my other bets even if they lose. Although two of them have very good shots of making me money. Michigan State has to lose one more game and I win that bet.

Just give me three more wins V tech.

Syracuse(2-4), Duke(3-3), GA Tech(3-3), Notre Dame(2-4), and Virginia(2-3) look winnable.

Miami(4-1) and Pitt(4-2) look competitive.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I think we win by 14 instead of 31. It's not like there is a big discrepancy in talent between UNC and VT. VT is better coached and has a much better defense.

The Miami/VT game will dictate the Coastal more so than the UNC/VT game ever was

Any given Saturday man. These kids are 19-20 years old. Miami's D looked stout but Jimbo likes to get pass happy and our QB was getting smoked.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Hokie fan is ecstatic about the start and potential for a really good season. There are a few tough games ahead and while an 8-4 season was a good goal before the season started, we've got a legit chance at a 10 win season regardless of how those wins happen.

Tennessee did beat us handily with the bad turnovers really lettting that game get out of hand when it very well may have come down to a one possession game. Likewise, UNC couldn't handle the weather and what VT was able to put out on the field Saturday. Perfect weather would have likely made the game a lot closer, this is the first time in several seasons that I would have been confident in pulling it out. Our offense has shown its able to move the ball (really a sight for sore eyes over previous seasons) and put up points if we're able to hold onto the ball. Adding to that, the defense is looking like the old Foster led defenses given some rest on the sidelines.

We know that we're still a season or two away from making some noise, but considering where we're at right now, and a manageable schedule, the outlook in year one under Fuente is above expectations currently.

Like has been mentioned in other threads, Clemson and Louisville seem to be in the top tier alone. The next tier consists of VT, FSU, and Miami. There is still a lot of football left to play, but for now, VT sits atop the Coastal and has looked very strong over their last three on all facets. While I think we'll still drop one or two over the remainder of the season, there is also a legitamit chance of winning out and heading to the ACC title game.