• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #24 Nebrasketball @ Maryland

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Miles a huge pussy or what’s the deal then?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost by 2 in the final minutes. I am definitely not a basketball expert but the main thing I noticed was absolutely no rebounding. Not even attempting to.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Miles a huge pussy or what’s the deal then?
He had some really well designed plays last night. The lack of a good big man is a real problem. Not the only problem but it's something that needs a remedy, and soon, if this program is gonna be taken seriously.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost by 2 in the final minutes. I am definitely not a basketball expert but the main thing I noticed was absolutely no rebounding. Not even attempting to.

we covered the spread. we were 2 1/2 pt underdogs

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska had zero answer for their big man, Bruno Fernando. Zero. None. He did whatever the hell he wanted to down low for most of the game.

Lack of rebounding on the defensive glass (Maryland had 14 offensive rebounds, half of them by Bruno Fernando), giving up second chance points and shooting 65% from the free throw line won't help you on the road. Copeland only attempting 4 shots didn't help either, he was M.I.A. most of the game.

Nebraska got beat by a younger, less experienced, less talented team in an arena that wasn't even half full. Not exactly a hostile environment. That's a game you have to win if you claim to be a NCAA tournament team.

This team should easily be 3-0 in conference with 2 road wins. :L

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pokes summed it up perfectly from what i saw. Copeland needs to assert himself more, as pokes said above him only attempting 4 shots is just horrible. very poor offense down the stretch when they needed to pull away. and the defensive rebounding needs to be way better. some maybe on the refs, looked like there should have been a few over the back calls but they were letting the bigger MD guys get away with it.

the lack of a big guy was very noticeable. i'm still not a huge fan of the 1-3-1, yes JPJ got a steal and huge dunk but pulls your guys out of position for rebounding. Especially the middle guy of that 3. I'd almost put the smallest guy in that middle spot, that way the back side wing will be a bigger guy and can drop down and be the rebounder on that backside. I'm a bigger fan of the 1-2-2, yes it leaves the freethow line more open but you can easily cover that and gets your bigs in a better position to rebound imo. I'm also no expert, but in a zone guys shouldn't work as hard as our guys seem to be working, especially the top guy. Annoys me when i see him chasing the ball, the whole point of a zone is to not do that.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that game reminded me of Miles first year here. How do we not have a big man to just be a tree in the lane? Frustrating but hopefully Moos can find the answer. I think Miles just lost his job last night but we will see how the rest of the year goes. IMO we can do much better. We need a a coach that demands a big pay check. I've said it before and it still golds true, coaches making 2.5 mill a year have a win percentage in the .700s we should be willing to pay our coach 3mill or expect the same results as Miles

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh, caught the first like 10 minutes of the game while waiting and getting a haircut at Sportsclips. Copeland drained several open easy shots early, still don't see how he only ended up with 4 shots. game should have been won. rebounding was better early too.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that game reminded me of Miles first year here. How do we not have a big man to just be a tree in the lane? Frustrating but hopefully Moos can find the answer. I think Miles just lost his job last night but we will see how the rest of the year goes. IMO we can do much better. We need a a coach that demands a big pay check. I've said it before and it still golds true, coaches making 2.5 mill a year have a win percentage in the .700s we should be willing to pay our coach 3mill or expect the same results as Miles
eh, just not sure you can fire Miles until he has another subpar season (what maybe after next and all these big time players are gone?). I guess if he somehow missed the tournament that would be justification. i can't imagine them missing it though, but stranger things could happen.

i'd agree though. need someone better at the Xs and Os on the offensive side. just so tired of the standing around watching one guy play. the stupid forcing the ball over to JPJ towards the end of the game by Roby.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Maryland credit damn good team. But we should be on par or better then their young team. I don't think the recruiting is where it needs to be we need a big time big man player like Marylands "$ticks"