• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #23 Cal (3-0) @ Ole Miss (2-1)

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calbear.jpg
source.gif

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back, good game. Crazy ending. A few worthless observations...

Cal is living on borrowed time. Won’t be much longer and they’re going to get plastered by a decent team. I have no idea how they managed to beat Washington, but maybe they aren’t good either. Rebels hung around with them till the end, but Cal didn’t really look like a great team. A solidly mediocre team. They may bowl.

Cal fans were great. There was a respectable amount of them attending, I guess a lot of grads and fans live and work within a reasonable drive from here. There were enough present to get a bit of respect for their fan base. I heard a lot of people commenting on it.

I saw the 3rd down play live pretty well and it looked like he came out of the end zone to catch it, his body landed partially across the line, and I could clearly see the ball NOT in the end zone when he landed. I do not know if it ever crossed over during the takedown, though. That is what everyone was raising hell for a review, not the final play. Of course, there was a whole nother hour for Ole Miss to make a play and they didn’t, so congrats to Cal for getting a close road win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolz at relying on Pac12 to ref anything bigger than tidily winks.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal fans were great. There was a respectable amount of them attending, I guess a lot of grads and fans live and work within a reasonable drive from here. There were enough present to get a bit of respect for their fan base. I heard a lot of people commenting on it.
Cal has a nice travelling fan base. I have friends who are part of that and have travelled with them a few times (@ Ohio State and Hawaii @ Sydney). I passed on this game, as I had a home Cyclone game. fyi: Many of those fans travelled from the Bay Area. My buddy told me the Oakland Airport was blue and gold on his flight on Thursday. Go Golden Bears! Glad they beat the Black Bears! :) You are right about them living on borrowed time though. Reminds me of 1996 - which started (5-0) under Steve Mariucci and ended with a loss to Navy in the Hawaii Bowl.