• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade for him without a guarantee that he will be signing with us that would be foolish.

Depends on what you give up to get him. Nobody is going to give the Jackets the massive return they want for only 1 year of Jones.

I would expect something like a 1st round pick and Nolan Patrick would be competitive if it's just Jones with no extension. So only next season would be guaranteed with Jones.

If Jones agrees to an extension, I expect the Flyers would need to include someone like Konecny or Sanhiem in the deal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds re-signs with Toronto. 2 years, 900k. Miss that guy, particularly at that number.

Nugent-Hopkins also re-signed with Edmonton. 8 years, 41M with a NMC.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you give up to get him. Nobody is going to give the Jackets the massive return they want for only 1 year of Jones.

I would expect something like a 1st round pick and Nolan Patrick would be competitive if it's just Jones with no extension. So only next season would be guaranteed with Jones.

If Jones agrees to an extension, I expect the Flyers would need to include someone like Konecny or Sanhiem in the deal.
If they would accept Patrick and a first for Seth Jones their GM would be fired within a week.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if this scenario plays out it gets to the point of giving up too much in my opinion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would accept Patrick and a first for Seth Jones their GM would be fired within a week.

He's basically a rental if he wants to go to free agency. Teams will only give up so much. They're going to get draft picks and/or prospects, they won't get a young NHL-caliber difference maker for 1 year of Jones. You said it yourself, trading for him without an extension would be foolish. Hence, the offers the Jackets get for him will be far less.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically a rental if he wants to go to free agency. Teams will only give up so much. They're going to get draft picks and/or prospects, they won't get a young NHL-caliber difference maker for 1 year of Jones. You said it yourself, trading for him without an extension would be foolish. Hence, the offers the Jackets get for him will be far less.
Almost any other team in the league would have a better offer than Patrick and a first without a guarantee of as contract hence if their GM accepted that trade he would be fired

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost any other team in the league would have a better offer than Patrick and a first without a guarantee of as contract hence if their GM accepted that trade he would be fired
What would you offer without an extension?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talk about laying speculation out there as if it's fact!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trade for him at all without an extension.

And how do you go from

1. Every team would beat a 1st+Patrick offer for Jones w/out an extension

to

2. I wouldn't trade for Jones without an extension.

You can't wholeheartedly believe both of those at the same time? If there are people out there that flat out wouldn't trade for Jones without an extension, then there must be people out there that wouldn't beat an offer of "1st + Patrick".

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you go from

1. Every team would beat a 1st+Patrick offer for Jones w/out an extension

to

2. I wouldn't trade for Jones without an extension.

You can't wholeheartedly believe both of those at the same time? If there are people out there that flat out wouldn't trade for Jones without an extension, then there must be people out there that wouldn't beat an offer of "1st + Patrick".
Number one i didnt say every team read the posts before commenting please.

Number two i believe the offer of Patrick and a first is a shitty offer and almost any other team could beat that offer

Number three i wouldnt trade for Jones without an extension in place.

There i proved i could wholeheartedly believe both of those at the same time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it hypocritical to state a 100% fact.

Are we seriously having this discussion in reverse? Go back and read your own damn posts calling me out for "stating it like it's a fact". Unless you have every GM on speed dial, how the fuck do you know it's 100% fact?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously having this discussion in reverse? Go back and read your own damn posts calling me out for "stating it like it's a fact". Unless you have every GM on speed dial, how the fuck do you know it's 100% fact?

Because almost every team has a multiple players better than Patrick and a pick and if every GM wanted to they could better that weak offer.

100% fact!! Thanks for playing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because almost every team has a multiple players better than Patrick and a pick and if every GM wanted to they could better that weak offer.

100% fact!! Thanks for playing.

If they wanted to they could offer something better? Really!? I had no idea if the GM wanted to offer more, they could do better.

No shit dude. The question is would they.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they wanted to they could offer something better? Really!? I had no idea if the GM wanted to offer more, they could do better.

No shit dude. The question is would they.
Well i didn't put the word "would" in my post I used the word "could" so like i said 100% fact

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i didn't put the word "would" in my post I used the word "could" so like i said 100% fact

Jesus dude. What are we doing here? The Flyers could offer Couturier, Provorov, and Hart if they wanted to. But why the hell would they and who the hell cares if they could?

Hey, water is wet. 100% fact!!!!!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. What are we doing here? The Flyers could offer Couturier, Provorov, and Hart if they wanted to. But why the hell would they and who the hell cares if they could?

Hey, water is wet. 100% fact!!!!!
You guys are hilarious.