• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring any changes, there is a good chance that Mason Black cracks the Opening Day rotation. He likely would have been a candidate by midseason anyway, but circumstances might have him in SF sooner than that.

Spider/Harry/Hicks/Black....Lorenzen?
I doubt ANY FA SP who signs at this point would be ready by opening day.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring any changes, there is a good chance that Mason Black cracks the Opening Day rotation. He likely would have been a candidate by midseason anyway, but circumstances might have him in SF sooner than that.

Spider/Harry/Hicks/Black....Lorenzen?

I doubt ANY FA SP who signs at this point would be ready by opening day.
Winn out of the running? I haven’t heard anything since he got sidelined

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart is on fire!!! 2-2 so far today .429 BA
His best hope for staying with us is him learning to play the OF and/or 1B/3B. But I just don’t see any room for him. He doesn’t have any more options, and we are already deep at C, 1B and the OF. MAYBE he is building some trade value??

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best hope for staying with us is him learning to play the OF and/or 1B/3B. But I just don’t see any room for him. He doesn’t have any more options, and we are already deep at C, 1B and the OF. MAYBE he is building some trade value??
Yep trade value, as long as the Giants don’t expect too much and they have to waive him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was building trade value in spring training and look where that got him. Of course, Bart isn’t carrying the same weight on his contract but he also doesn’t have the big league production history of Davis either.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Slusser, Cobb will pitch -- in a game -- Saturday. He'll be ready mid April.

We are OUT on Snell now for sure.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with the recent Cobb news, here's my current WAG for the roster:

SP -- Spider, Harry, Hicks, Black, Cobb
RP -- Doval, Jax, Tyler, Taylor, Winn, Walker, Miller, Small
C -- Bales, Murph
IF - LWJ, Flowers, Tyro, Ahmed, Chappy, Fitz
OF -- Forto, Lee, Yaz, Slater
DH -- Soler

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with the recent Cobb news, here's my current WAG for the roster:

SP -- Spider, Harry, Hicks, Black, Cobb
RP -- Doval, Jax, Tyler, Taylor, Winn, Walker, Miller, Small
C -- Bales, Murph
IF - LWJ, Flowers, Tyro, Ahmed, Chappy, Fitz
OF -- Forto, Lee, Yaz, Slater
DH -- Soler
Cobb will likely still start the season on the 15. He isn’t expected back until mid-April at the earliest.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen thoughts 3.12 edition:

Locks (5): Camilo Doval, Tyler Rogers, Taylor Rogers, Ryan Walker, Luke Jackson

In the running: Ethan Small (On 40-man), Amir Garrett, Cody Stashak, Daulton Jefferies, Spencer Howard, Juan Sanchez, Nick Avila, Keaton Winn, Mason Black, Sean Hjelle, Landon Roup, Hayden Birdsong.

I'd think Jefferies is close to being a lock at this point. One or two of those guys will be in the rotation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen thoughts 3.12 edition:

Locks (5): Camilo Doval, Tyler Rogers, Taylor Rogers, Ryan Walker, Luke Jackson

In the running: Ethan Small (On 40-man), Amir Garrett, Cody Stashak, Daulton Jefferies, Spencer Howard, Juan Sanchez, Nick Avila, Keaton Winn, Mason Black, Sean Hjelle, Landon Roup, Hayden Birdsong.

I'd think Jefferies is close to being a lock at this point. One or two of those guys will be in the rotation.
I would like Roupp to start in Richmond. He is getting buzz, but I think he is still essentially a 1-pitch pitcher.

Black is probably the leading contender for the rotation. He will certainly be graduating this year, so putting him on the 40 isn’t that high of a cost. Winn probably has the other rotation spot, but he is battling some minor injury issues, apparently. If they don’t want to open with 5 starters and instead want to wait out Cobb (not my preference), then they probably hold Black back a bit.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres just traded 3 prospects and a young reliever to the White Sox for Dylan Cease. According to mlb.com, those prospects rated 5, 7 and 8 in the Padre org. Not sure how their farm compares to the Giants, but if you look at the top 30 for the Giants and go number for number, that would have been Walker Martin, Hayden Birdsong, Mason Black and Ryan Walker for Cease.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres just traded 3 prospects and a young reliever to the White Sox for Dylan Cease. According to mlb.com, those prospects rated 5, 7 and 8 in the Padre org. Not sure how their farm compares to the Giants, but if you look at the top 30 for the Giants and go number for number, that would have been Walker Martin, Hayden Birdsong, Mason Black and Ryan Walker for Cease.
The top prospect they sent to the Sox (Thorpe) is generally rated as about a top 60 prospect. I think that kinda lines up with Lucy. The other two kids are not ranked nationally, but both look pretty good. Iriatre is a 22 yo pitcher who has already made it as high as AA. Without knowing anything about him, I would guess he would be expecting to make it to the bigs by ‘25. The other player is a 19 yo power hitting OFer who has already seen some time in high A. The major leaguer they sent is already 29, so Walker isn’t a good comp for him at all. He looks OK, but I think he is the “throw in” of the 4 players.