• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024- DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. OL is always the position people take early in mocks just to fill positions and then a good handful of those go late/undrafted in real draft.

Right.. Also, that doesn't mean anyone is making a horrible pick or taking these guys "way" too early... It is just an observation every year. Truth is we all need OL and to peg the one's who are going to fall is hard to do. Not saying anyone is clueless or reaching... Just saying some of these guys are going to fall because there is value at other positions. No way do just two RB's go in Round 4 and 5, same with a few other positions. Players are going to fall and typically with mocks it is a handful of OL and I get it in mocks. Nobody really wants to draft a RB, C, TE unless they REALLY need one in most mocks.. Especially with so many good ones sitting there still where you can wait and wait and wait. All 3 positions are typically more of day 3 picks anyway but there will be more selected earlier in real draft then most fan mock drafts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome pick on Estime @cheerupcharlie I was going back and forth on him and Lloyd at the top of the 5th. The one issue I do have with Estime is that I wish he played more up to his size. Solid college RB, really do like him. Love his patience and burst for a bigger back... He can change direction for a big back. With his size he should become a good pass blocker but needs some work. Sometimes I think he relies too much on patience and trying to juke for his size which I think at the NFL level he is going to have to use his power more then he showed in college. The good thing is he has some of the skill sets you hardly see a big back have and the power stuff we know is there.. He just has to learn when to use it a little better.

My college fantasy RB when he busted out the year before last.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it hard to find good value at OL in this mock... Every team always needs OL so understanding people are always going to want to draft OL. Just seems like more then any other position OL taken in this mock in the Rd 3-5 area are more of Rd 6-7 value.
Rankings are all over the place so it is difficult to place the “right value” specifically on lineman. For example, there were a handful of lineman on the PFF mock valued completely differently than the ESPN mock. Like 3 round difference. I mean we see it quite a bit at every draft. Teams have different rankings so kind of refreshing to see it instead of guys just picking players bc they are ranked high. Scheme, fit, strengths and weaknesses for specific teams matter too.
I was looking over some targets for rd 4-5 and they were picked in rd 2-3.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings are all over the place so it is difficult to place the “right value” specifically on lineman. For example, there were a handful of lineman on the PFF mock valued completely differently than the ESPN mock. Like 3 round difference. I mean we see it quite a bit at every draft. Teams have different rankings so kind of refreshing to see it instead of guys just picking players bc they are ranked high. Scheme, fit, strengths and weaknesses for specific teams matter too.
I was looking over some targets for rd 4-5 and they were picked in rd 2-3.

Yeah, that's why I'm using two different big boards as checklists to try to avoid waiting too long on a target.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have two teams left, Miami & Carolina in the mock draft starting tomorrow.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have two teams left, Miami & Carolina in the mock draft starting tomorrow.

Dolphins are probably the worst team to mock for this year. lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my Chiefs are done. I suspect the Chiefs IRL are going to try and get 2 WRs somehow but I traded up for 1 instead. I do think they are going to sign a rental LT in FA so Im not too worried about not finding a LT in the draft. Fix the offensive weapons this year and the O line next year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys... always forget how hard it is once you get this far...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's finish strong. Remember Round 6 and 7 time limit is 3 hours. No missed picks this year so far.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry for the delay - picking in five.