• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 UDFA signings/chatter

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NFL.Com -Art Green CB Houston signed with the Broncos

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1682824330282.png

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR and Ivy OT.

Happy Socks GIF by knoopsok

@LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorites from this class.

Art Green- Thought he would go in Rd 6-7... Worst case he is on the PS. Like him better then the CB's we drafted late the last two years (Kary Vincent, Faion Hicks).

Seth Benson- I knew he wouldn't get drafted because he gets no national exposure but this guy was REALLY good at Iowa. Dependable, great tackler, gets to the ball. Athletically a bit like Jewell coming out where he doesn't have the eye dropping athletic ability teams fall into love with but he is just SO dependable. When this guy was a SOPH he and Jack Campbell looked about like carbon copies of each other. One of them was always making the tackles. One possession it would be Benson that got all the glory the next Campbell. It was deadly duo... Then Campbell just REALLY took off his JR and SR year but Benson always remained a stud and consistent. Campbell took away a lot of the glory from him with national exposure. Both great guys and very dependable football player. These two along with Riley Moss are carbon copies of what the Iowa football program is about. Not recruited heavily (Moss was a walk on) but self built through the program. Dependable, reliable, good players built throughout the 4 years they had at Iowa or 5 for Moss.

Alex Palczewski, Illinois- As you know I suck at scouting OL I am the first to admit but this guy always stuck out to me. I watched a lot of Illinois games the past 3 years being a huge Devon Witherspoon fan. Illinois OL was pretty good the past few years with Chase Brown running the ball and he was probably the second best one of the group IMO... I think he has a very good chance to stick here.

I like Dallas Daniels but think it will be mega tough for him here. Maybe the PS. Devon Matthews is ok to me. 3 I listed above I think are NFL material for sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorites from this class.

Art Green- Thought he would go in Rd 6-7... Worst case he is on the PS. Like him better then the CB's we drafted late the last two years (Kary Vincent, Faion Hicks).

Seth Benson- I knew he wouldn't get drafted because he gets no national exposure but this guy was REALLY good at Iowa. Dependable, great tackler, gets to the ball. Athletically a bit like Jewell coming out where he doesn't have the eye dropping athletic ability teams fall into love with but he is just SO dependable. When this guy was a SOPH he and Jack Campbell looked about like carbon copies of each other. One of them was always making the tackles. One possession it would be Benson that got all the glory the next Campbell. It was deadly duo... Then Campbell just REALLY took off his JR and SR year but Benson always remained a stud and consistent. Campbell took away a lot of the glory from him with national exposure. Both great guys and very dependable football player. These two along with Riley Moss are carbon copies of what the Iowa football program is about. Not recruited heavily (Moss was a walk on) but self built through the program. Dependable, reliable, good players built throughout the 4 years they had at Iowa or 5 for Moss.

Alex Palczewski, Illinois- As you know I suck at scouting OL I am the first to admit but this guy always stuck out to me. I watched a lot of Illinois games the past 3 years being a huge Devon Witherspoon fan. Illinois OL was pretty good the past few years with Chase Brown running the ball and he was probably the second best one of the group IMO... I think he has a very good chance to stick here.

I like Dallas Daniels but think it will be mega tough for him here. Maybe the PS. Devon Matthews is ok to me. 3 I listed above I think are NFL material for sure.
Jack Campbell's favorite football player is Seth Benson. I think Benson sticks.

Art Green is a serious player - good signing.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Campbell's favorite football player is Seth Benson. I think Benson sticks.

Art Green is a serious player - good signing.
Green can fly, saw him play locally. Probably good enough to be drafted on his physical attributes alone.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green can fly, saw him play locally. Probably good enough to be drafted on his physical attributes alone.
Green is a very good name for an NFL DB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked both Green and Owens at Houston. Was happy to see Owens go late. I thought both would be drafted. Green at worst can sit on our PS but I think he can make this team right away with a good camp. Like I said. I had him higher then Hicks or Kary Vincent coming out.

I think he will compete well with Bassey and Ja'Quan McMillian who I think has moved ahead of Hicks going into PS.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both Green and Owens at Houston. Was happy to see Owens go late. I thought both would be drafted. Green at worst can sit on our PS but I think he can make this team right away with a good camp. Like I said. I had him higher then Hicks or Kary Vincent coming out.

I think he will compete well with Bassey and Ja'Quan McMillian who I think has moved ahead of Hicks going into PS.
Owens seemed a bit slow in coverage, maybe just the coverages they played (zone).

Kudos to UofH with 4 drafted players this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owens seemed a bit slow in coverage, maybe just the coverages they played (zone).

Kudos to UofH with 4 drafted players this year.

I think that is why they moved him from CB to S this year. He flourished when they moved him from CB to S. He reads and reacts well and he can tackle. Good physicality, and footwork. He has that size/speed athletic ability combination who can get to the ball fast and he reads and reacts well at the safety position. Ask him to cover in man to man and he is going to fail (his coverage skills are the reason he isn't a rd 5 pick, IMO) but ask him to read and react and come up and tackle and he will do that well for you.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is a very good name for an NFL DB.
Darrell Green’s kid went to the same school as my kids (for a few years). At the annual fundraiser I was seated at a table with him and his wife Jewel. Hard to believe he is 63!! Same as Elway. I think the same draft? Hafta check.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Green’s kid went to the same school as my kids (for a few years). At the annual fundraiser I was seated at a table with him and his wife Jewel. Hard to believe he is 63!! Same as Elway. I think the same draft? Hafta check.

I think Green still runs a 4.3 too.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, Darrell Green was the last selection of the first round in’83. The bookend for Elway’s #1.

Redskins selected immediately after Miami took Marino.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palczewski is really the guy I think has a REALLY good chance to stick on this team from day one. He has versatility and has a lot of experience starting a multiple positions.