• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 SEASON

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what happens to end this year. By stroke of luck & the Steelers get into the playoffs I think Mason will be the starter. Much like this week's decision at QB, it just doesn't make sense to blow up what little cohesion they have found riding into January even if KP is healthy.

I think Kenny gets another shot next offseason to turn things around. 2 more years under contract, but 2025 offseason a decision on his 5th year needs to be made... Whether its his job to lose or not this offseason will depend on what magic Khan has up his sleeve. If Khan gets aggressive (Fields) then we'll know KP's career as a Steelers is all but over. He'll likely get traded. But if they draft a prospect or grab a FA fish then KP will get to play out his rookie contract and attempt to earn his keep.

Either way they need to abort the Trubisky experiment and bring in someone new. Add more pieces to the OL and please get a capable OC.
I don't want to see them wheel on a QB draft or trade this year. Gonna be picking too low anyway. I'm all in on OL, like usual.

Give me Amarius Mims in R1 for LT, and Sedrick Van Pran (or Zach Frazier) in R2 for OC, and I'm a happy man.

Those are the two weakest points on the Steeler roster, and a QB won't be able to succeed without those two being replaced.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry we're going to get a KP and Mason competition next year with this asshat coach thinking the answer is already on the team.

But what do I want then? Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Do we want him to ruin another draft pick with his incompetence?
My excitement over that scenario would highly depend on who they hire as OC. Mason is a capable QB2 in the right system. But surely they could do better.
What's your take on Fields?

Is he really going to be available?
It would take a lot of capital to go after him. There will likely be a bidding war. Seems as though Chicago is intent to listen to offers this offseason. But Chicago has a ton of capital already so I'm not so sure they will be moving on from Field unless the right offer is on the table.

TBH I'm not big on Fields. He has shown flashes, but this feels reminiscent of the same story we tried to convince ourselves with over Trubisky. Haven't watched enough of Fields to know much about his flaws.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see them wheel on a QB draft or trade this year. Gonna be picking too low anyway. I'm all in on OL, like usual.

Give me Amarius Mims in R1 for LT, and Sedrick Van Pran (or Zach Frazier) in R2 for OC, and I'm a happy man.

Those are the two weakest points on the Steeler roster, and a QB won't be able to succeed without those two being replaced.
I'm all aboard the OL train in the draft as well. They have to upgrade C at the very least.

Do you think Jones gets moved to LT? Dan Moore is obviously not the answer, but moving Jones to LT and take the pressure off drafting OT to battle it out with Chuks/Moore for RT seems like a reasonable play.

Also, what are your thoughts on Pat Meyer? I'm not sure if the blocking schemes were the issue or if it was Canada's schemes (crunch blocking was a mess). After Canada left the pass-pro didn't improve. So I tend to think Pat Meyer is an issue.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all aboard the OL train in the draft as well. They have to upgrade C at the very least.

Do you think Jones gets moved to LT? Dan Moore is obviously not the answer, but moving Jones to LT and take the pressure off drafting OT to battle it out with Chuks/Moore for RT seems like a reasonable play.

Also, what are your thoughts on Pat Meyer? I'm not sure if the blocking schemes were the issue or if it was Canada's schemes (crunch blocking was a mess). After Canada left the pass-pro didn't improve. So I tend to think Pat Meyer is an issue.
If they draft Mims, Jones stays at RT.

Broderick is a high-quality run blocker as it is, and he might be best there. If they DON'T draft a better LT, then Jones should flip over. I'd rather just get a new tackle, and not play games with Moore and Chuks.

And I think Pat Meyer is trash. He needs replaced.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My excitement over that scenario would highly depend on who they hire as OC. Mason is a capable QB2 in the right system. But surely they could do better.

It would take a lot of capital to go after him. There will likely be a bidding war. Seems as though Chicago is intent to listen to offers this offseason. But Chicago has a ton of capital already so I'm not so sure they will be moving on from Field unless the right offer is on the table.

TBH I'm not big on Fields. He has shown flashes, but this feels reminiscent of the same story we tried to convince ourselves with over Trubisky. Haven't watched enough of Fields to know much about his flaws.

Maybe we try to get Claypool back from the Dolphins and flip him for Fields?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we try to get Claypool back from the Dolphins and flip him for Fields?
giphy.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how much if this improvement is due to the removal of Canada and how much is due to the removal of Pickett?

Show your work.
Matt Canada was removed after week 11. We beat the Bengals then lost 3 in a row. We remove Kenny Pickett from the equation, 2-0 and scored over 30 points for the first time in almost 2 years, and we did it 2 weeks in a row. Canada was part of the problem, wasn't the whole problem.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand diagnostics. Was the problem Canada or Pickett or both? If you change out both at the same time you eliminate none of the variables. I'm saying it would have been nice to know 100% that Pickett wasn't being held back by Canada before moving on.
I dont think it's that I dont understand diagnostics, I think it's that you disagree with my opinion, which is fine, but here are the facts:

We changed out Canada and it worked for 1 week, then lost 3 in a row.
We change Mason to QB and it's worked 2 weeks in a row.

That to me shows that maybe the problem was more so at the QB position and not OC, but I personally believe that the OC, QB and QB coach should've been/should be replaced. We aren't in a position to make the playoffs if Kenny or Mitch were the QB, Kenny/Mitch lost us 3 in a row, 2 of them were to VERY BEATABLE teams.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Pickett is the long-term answer but I KNOW the riendeer isn't. I do think Mason gives the team the best chance to win this season. I just don't place any value in winning this season. This team isn't going anywhere. You need a QB and a competent coaching staff. We have neither.

And I think it's folly to go into next season expecting anything more than mediocre play from anyone in this current QB room.
"THis team isn't going anywhere"

That's been the motto for the last decade. There's only 2 things left to change, Head Coach and Ownership.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Canada was removed after week 11. We beat the Bengals then lost 3 in a row. We remove Kenny Pickett from the equation, 2-0 and scored over 30 points for the first time in almost 2 years, and we did it 2 weeks in a row. Canada was part of the problem, wasn't the whole problem.
Some major context you're selectively missing... Lol

Those 3 weeks they lost... Kenny played only 2.5/12 quarters. NE & IND were the Trubisky show.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those 3 weeks they lost... Kenny played only 2.5/12 quarters. NE & IND were the Trubisky show.
The entire fanbase can agree that Trubisky is the Matt Canada of Quarterbacks.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank God Tomlin kept running Trubisky out there….

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so what you're saying is Kenny and Mitch couldn't win with Canada gone, but Mason could? I mean, thanks for adding to my argument lmao

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ah come on now. Kenny “three and out” Pickett was on pace to put up his usual 3 points in the first half against the Cardinals. I’m sure the second half would have been amazing as well.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Tee. You're a dumbass. I don't even know how to respond to your posts on this page. I don't think you'd understand if I did lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so what you're saying is Kenny and Mitch couldn't win with Canada gone, but Mason could? I mean, thanks for adding to my argument lmao
Quit moving the goalposts man. You're argument was mainly about removing Kenny from the situation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you put those 3 losses (ARI, NE, IND) under a microscope... I think only the Colts loss was mainly on the QB play.

The losses to the Cards & Pats were a cavalcade of issues. Botched snaps, WR miscommunications, missed FGs, piss poor OL play, etc.

Not absolving the QB play, it definitely contributed, but if you really look at those games you'll know that putting Mason in there would have netted the same result.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit moving the goalposts man. You're argument was mainly about removing Kenny from the situation.
My argument was that Mason Rudolph has made this offense better than they've been all season long, if you wanna be literally correct. So not moving the goalposts, just furthering that it wasn't Canada getting fired that helped this offense, it was Kenny not being the starter and THEE Brett Mason Rudolph being the starter that helped this offense. If it was Canada being fired, then Kenny/Mitch should have been able to get the offense off the ground but they couldn't. You know who did tho?

THEE Brett Mason Rudolph.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucking Steelers!!!!

Happy New Year's, fellas.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEE......Brett......Mason.....Rudolph. 3-0 to end the season, no INTs. Led this offense to score 30+ points for the first time in 2 seasons and he did it twice. I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. #GiveTheReindeerTheReigns