• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help myself, Instinctive football players at LB & safety hold a soft spot for me.
It would have to be Dallas's round two selection which I'm sure is a reach having LVE resigned.

Jack Campbell, LB Iowa
Campbell is an off-the-ball linebacker with excellent size, instincts and range. He is quick to key and diagnose against the run. He’s a firm/reliable tackler in the box. He is excellent at sniffing out screens and has the size/speed to carry tight ends down the seam. He does have some issues redirecting in space both in coverage and run support. A two-time team captain, he is regarded as an outstanding leader. Overall, Campbell might not be a wow player, but he’s steady and dependable.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help myself, Instinctive football players at LB & safety hold a soft spot for me.
It would have to be Dallas's round two selection which I'm sure is a reach having LVE resigned.

Jack Campbell, LB Iowa
Campbell is an off-the-ball linebacker with excellent size, instincts and range. He is quick to key and diagnose against the run. He’s a firm/reliable tackler in the box. He is excellent at sniffing out screens and has the size/speed to carry tight ends down the seam. He does have some issues redirecting in space both in coverage and run support. A two-time team captain, he is regarded as an outstanding leader. Overall, Campbell might not be a wow player, but he’s steady and dependable.
Does he have an injury history?? If so, Jerry is interested.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TODAY....starting to second guess Kincade just a little for Dallas at 26.
Others I also like at 26

Dalton Kincaid: TE

Kincaid is a highly productive tight end with exceptional quickness, route polish and run-after-catch ability. At Utah, he typically lined up flexed in the slot. He is explosive in his release and is a smooth/fluid route runner. He gets up on the toes of defenders before snapping off his route and creating separation. He attacks the ball with his hands and can hold on after taking hard contact. After the catch, he has the burst, wiggle and strength to break tackles. In the run game, he is more of a shield-off blocker than a physical people-mover. Overall, Kincaid is a more explosive version of Zach Ertz coming out of college.

Brian Branch: S
Branch was a playmaking slot cornerback for the Tide. He is outstanding against the run, quick to key and fill for tackles. He can use his quickness to slip blocks and make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage, as well. He is also an outstanding blitzer, showing timing and burst to generate pressure. He is fluid in coverage and consistently stays in phase with his man. There are times when he gets out-muscled at the catch point, but he's rarely out of position. He has taken some reps on the outside, but doesn't look as comfortable there. He's just better in the middle of the action. He is excellent on special teams, collecting tackles on kick coverage and possessing the ability to return punts if needed (see: his return TD vs. Louisiana-Monroe). Overall, Branch is an immediate starter at nickel and provides value on all four downs.

O'Cyrus Torrence: G
Torrence is a massive offensive guard with ideal instincts and play strength. In pass protection, he can bend his knees and play with balance. He has an immediate anchor and provides plenty of space for his QB to climb up into the pocket. He has strong hands to latch and control. He is very aware versus twists and stunts. In the run game, he can create movement with defenders over his nose and has surprising quickness to reach and cut off foes. He is quick to the second level, but he struggles to redirect and adjust in space. That should improve if he can drop 10-to-15 pounds. Teams that want to run downhill and create a firm interior in the pass game will really appreciate Torrence.

Mazi Smith: DT
Smith is a powerful defensive tackle with sneaky quickness. As a pass rusher, he is primarily a push-the-pocket player, but he flashes a quick swim move and a violent club maneuver to generate pressure. If he doesn’t win right away, he is going to do his best to collapse the pocket. He is dominant against the run. He can sink his weight and hold up versus single blocks and double teams. He doesn’t have a lot of lateral range, but his effort is solid. As more teams line up with fewer defenders in the box, players like Smith will be in demand.

Deonte Banks: CB
Banks has excellent height, bulk and length for the position. He is very physical in press coverage, routinely staggering and re-routing wide receivers. He has average change-of-direction skills when he has to flip and open up. He does a nice job of staying on top versus go balls and he can locate the ball in the air. In off coverage, he is a little high in his pedal and wastes steps in his plant-and-drive. To see his competitiveness, watch his blocked PAT against Ohio State that was returned for a two-point conversion. He doesn't take plays off. He is a physical and reliable tackler in space. Overall, Banks doesn't have ideal fluidity, but he's tough and possesses ball skills.
I really like Branch. I think he could be a star. Mazi Smith would be a good pick as well. If you want a stud DT you have to invest

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Branch. I think he could be a star. Mazi Smith would be a good pick as well. If you want a stud DT you have to invest
All true but if you take the guard...you start an identity with young Smith. That ain't a bad thing if the scouts AND coaches approve.

Going to be interesting

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, I've circled back around to wanting Dawand Jones at 26. I don't really care that we don't have a need at RT. Teach this guy to punch with his elbows in like we did Tyler Smith and you can put him at guard for all I care. We have enough moveable parts, let's add another mauler.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all about roster building. The team could use a big DT. mazi would bring another big body. Bohanna could be replaced . Then at CB we don't know how long Gilmore going to be in Dallas

Then you got to look a IOL. I kind of think that Ocyrus Torrence will be gone before 26.

Torrence and Mazi Smith are on my radar big time. If they can trade up 4 or 5 spots in this first round is what I am saying. Torrence is a huge individual. He would be a major upgrade over McGovern. Smith is a big DT that would help the Run D and allow LVE and Clark to be difference makers.. and at CB they could use another good one to replace Joseph. Joseph looks like a collosal bust at this point

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true but if you take the guard...you start an identity with young Smith. That ain't a bad thing if the scouts AND coaches approve.

Going to be interesting
I know Torrence and Avila are the guards I am interested in. I do think Torrence is the better player of the two. . The Cowboys could get even better than last season if they get an instant starter at 26

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all about roster building. The team could use a big DT. mazi would bring another big body. Bohanna could be replaced . Then at CB we don't know how long Gilmore going to be in Dallas

Then you got to look a IOL. I kind of think that Ocyrus Torrence will be gone before 26.

Torrence and Mazi Smith are on my radar big time. If they can trade up 4 or 5 spots in this first round is what I am saying. Torrence is a huge individual. He would be a major upgrade over McGovern. Smith is a big DT that would help the Run D and allow LVE and Clark to be difference makers.. and at CB they could use another good one to replace Joseph. Joseph looks like a collosal bust at this point
I totally agree. I'm in a mock draft now on this site and I traded up and took Joey Porter Jr, who I think would be a great corner here. 6'3" and a big tackler. I think the Cowboys will be great in the secondary this season, but I worry about Diggs contract coming up. I think he is going to want to break the bank. With Dak about to reup for $50M+ per season, Lamb to be $20M+, and then Micah likely $35M per, I think all those guys are priorities over Diggs. Drafting a corner to pair with Bland and a sign and trade with Diggs might not be the worst call

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team could use a big DT. mazi would bring another big body. Bohanna could be replaced .
I really do like Mazi Smith and I do think he would help our team, but he is likely (admittedly I could be wrong) going to be a two down player. I just don't see that as a first round option. I think he is more a 2nd round target

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do like Mazi Smith and I do think he would help our team, but he is likely (admittedly I could be wrong) going to be a two down player. I just don't see that as a first round option. I think he is more a 2nd round target
Then he would be a target if we trade back. I don't disagree with your thoughts on a 1st round 2 down player, but he would never be there when they pick in round 2. I think the Cowboys could move up or down this year. Up for a great grade, back if they are gutted at 26

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict after our selection we hear they got a guy they rated in their top 15
Lol, although they pretty much said that about Smith last year. I got to admit he was damn good last season. Last year I watched tape of Sam Williams owning a couple of tackles that were drafted before Smith.

As long as it's not Jerry's top 15. Lol We know he don't know what the hell he is doing most of the time. The drafts were terrible when he was the lone voice in the war room.

Jerry is also the guy that said Mo Clayburn was the next Deion. First of all Deion ran like a 4.2 forty and Clayburn ran around a 4.5.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, although they pretty much said that about Smith last year. I got to admit he was damn good last season. Last year I watched tape of Sam Williams owning a couple of tackles that were drafted before Smith.

As long as it's not Jerry's top 15. Lol We know he don't know what the hell he is doing most of the time. The drafts were terrible when he was the lone voice in the war room.

Jerry is also the guy that said Mo Clayburn was the next Deion. First of all Deion ran like a 4.2 forty and Clayburn ran around a 4.5.
I won't fault the Claiborne pick as many of us were ecstatic about the trade up and pick.

I thought there was no way Dallas could get high enough to even consider him.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't fault the Claiborne pick as many of us were ecstatic about the trade up and pick.

Meh not all of everyone was on board with him if I recall but I might not be remembering correctly lotta beers since then ………

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mo scored like a 5 on his wonderlic, so he wasn't just slow on the field....

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right. Most everyone said it was a great move by Dallas. That was a debt to the devil on that pick. He was nothing special.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. Most everyone said it was a great move by Dallas. That was a debt to the devil on that pick. He was nothing special.
most of us were begging for a top CB too.
I was excited we went after one.
Sucks we swung & missed, but I was excited after we picked him nonetheless.