• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: The Tight End Class

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington would look great catching passes for NE and would improve O-line play dramatically......

He's a bit raw and underused as a target, so there could be a considerable learning curve.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington would look great catching passes for Dallas and would improve O-line play dramatically......

both teams must surround their teams with talent cause both team QB's have been defined as to what they are.
:trash:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Darnell Washington is overrated. He is Martellus Bennett. I would not want to spend a second on primarily a blocker.

You can get Kuntz 3 rounds later and he is the better athlete and receiver.

I wouldn’t say he is overrated. Most places have him 2nd/3rd round.

This guy is a MONSTER of a prospect from the raw tools perspective.

He is one of the best blocking college TE's that we have seen in the last 20 years. That alone is an elite trait. I guarantee you that some NFL teams are talking about the possibility of moving him from college TE to pro LT like Jason Peters did when he entered the league. He has that big of a frame and shows that type of blocking ability if he could add 30-40lbs.

Then add into it his insane physical gifts. How many prospects have we ever seen that stand over 6'6", weigh over 260lbs and run a 4.64 40 time?!?!

People get on him for not looking quick in an out of breaks. Well that is why he is a TE. That is literally why TE's are TE's and why WR's are WR's. His 20 yard shuttle time is significantly faster than guys like Kelce or Gronk.

I like Marcedes Lewis more than Bennett as a comparison. An elite run blocking TE that is never likely going to threaten to break any of Tony G's or Travis Kelce's receiving numbers but is an elite blocker on the edge.

Also surprised a Lions fan is so against him. The Lions ran out 6 offensive lineman on the field over 10% of the time last year. If they had Washington, they wouldn’t need to do that. They are one of the teams in the league most likely to draft Washington.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say he is overrated. Most places have him 2nd/3rd round.

This guy is a MONSTER of a prospect from the raw tools perspective.

He is one of the best blocking college TE's that we have seen in the last 20 years. That alone is an elite trait. I guarantee you that some NFL teams are talking about the possibility of moving him from college TE to pro LT like Jason Peters did when he entered the league. He has that big of a frame and shows that type of blocking ability if he could add 30-40lbs.

Then add into it his insane physical gifts. How many prospects have we ever seen that stand over 6'6", weigh over 260lbs and run a 4.64 40 time?!?!

People get on him for not looking quick in an out of breaks. Well that is why he is a TE. That is literally why TE's are TE's and why WR's are WR's. His 20 yard shuttle time is significantly faster than guys like Kelce or Gronk.

I like Marcedes Lewis more than Bennett as a comparison. An elite run blocking TE that is never likely going to threaten to break any of Tony G's or Travis Kelce's receiving numbers but is an elite blocker on the edge.

Also surprised a Lions fan is so against him. The Lions ran out 6 offensive lineman on the field over 10% of the time last year. If they had Washington, they wouldn’t need to do that. They are one of the teams in the league most likely to draft Washington.
I don't dislike him at all, but he has been getting pretty consistent 1st round talk. Which is a way too high for a blocking TE. In the third or late second I would be thrilled with him.

If you spend a top 50 on him you are looking for receiving potential I don't think is there.

I do love the idea of converting him to a tackle. He could add 50 pounds and still be maybe the most athletic tackle in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw someone put together a consensus big board and Darnell Washington is #35 overall. I think its possible he could sneak into the first round just because most Tight Ends probably will be seen as blockers as rookies and develop into receivers at a later point.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just released today. I am going to do videos for Josh Whyle and Brandon Strange (draft riser)
1680728088869.png

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayer being two years younger than Kincaid is kinda interesting. Historically a receiver producing as a 20 year old in college is a great sign but it is fair to say that his route running and blocking isnt as developed as what you'd want to see out of a 'do all' Tight End. Is that a positive showing signs of untapped potential or a negative that Mayer might need a year of development before being 'the guy'.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayer being two years younger than Kincaid is kinda interesting. Historically a receiver producing as a 20 year old in college is a great sign but it is fair to say that his route running and blocking isnt as developed as what you'd want to see out of a 'do all' Tight End. Is that a positive showing signs of untapped potential or a negative that Mayer might need a year of development before being 'the guy'.
Tight ends almost always need developing.....

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And finally we have Dalton Kincaid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kincaid the most athletic? Didn't Kraft test through the roof at the combine and pro day? Kincaid was still recovering from a back fracture at the time of the combine and sat out his pro day, so we don't have numbers to compare...

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my, they must be reading my posts:

Anymore tight ends we want to look at? We have done 8 here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kincaid the most athletic? Didn't Kraft test through the roof at the combine and pro day? Kincaid was still recovering from a back fracture at the time of the combine and sat out his pro day, so we don't have numbers to compare...
Edit: It was Kuntz, not Kraft. So many K TEs, lol.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals will draft a TE early. They have plenty of dudes who can catch. Just get the best pass blocking one and things should be good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs don't do Jack until they're 24-26 anyway.