• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL coaching hires

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coaching Vacancies:

Cardinals
Panthers
Broncos
Texans
Colts

Offensive Coordinator Vacancies:

Patriots
Jets
Titans
Commanders
Rams

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals - Jim Harbaugh (I'll buy the Michigan President's BS once the carrousel stops spinning and Jimmy ain't on it)
Panthers- Sean Payton
Broncos - Dan Quinn
Texans - J. Gannon
Colts -D. Ryans

All bets are off if Jerra fires MM, after Dallas loses tonight, because he'll go all in on Sean Payton and screw up the whole list

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think next year Leslie Frazier will get another go with someone. I’m thinking Cards.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my Jerra comment, I was hoping to attach a gif with a mob of people running in terror. But this one might suffice...

giphy.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw a CBS report that McCarthy's job is safe no matter what
Anything is possible especially if Jerra is running the asylum.
That second line is the kicker...
If I don't trust the President of Michigan U, I certainly ain't buyin' anything Jerra sells. Although it appears at the moment, 24-0 in the 3rd, MM likely has Dallas's first playoff win in like forever sewn up, so he's likely safe

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Chargers are looking for a new OC.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens very well may be, as well. Rumors are that Greg Roman will be out.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens very well may be, as well. Rumors are that Greg Roman will be out.
Lamar - 1- Run left, run right; 2- throw one deep; 3- dump off to TE; 4- if tired give an RB a run; repeat in different order . Pretty simple game plan to follow. ..

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More vacancies:

Ravens OC
Bucs OC

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local rumors are that titans will promote within for OC after getting the GM spot locked in with Carthon from SF

Pretty sure the QB coach that came from Houston, but I can't remember his name and it's not that important if they aren't going to make significant changes to game plan. One more year of Henry getting 25-30 touches

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas 'fired' Kellen Moore, but the OC in Dallas is gonna be more of a 'in title only' type job, MM is likely to assume the responsibilities of the job

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was quick, Kellen Moore to OC the Chargers. Herbert back on the upswing
Are you sure?

Why did Dak throw all those picks? Moore and him worked together for years and keep botching the bigger moments. Sell me on Moore.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals hired Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon as their head coach.​

Return of Gannon. After telling reporters following the NFC Championship game that he'd be back in Philadelphia, late-charging interest from the Cardinals after the Super Bowl lands him in the desert. We'll have to see who the Cardinals hook on with as an offensive coordinator before we can understand the fantasy impact on Arizona's best players, but this looks likely to be a mulligan year with Kyler Murray coming back from a late-season ACL tear. The Cardinals not feeling strongly enough about Murray to tie in someone who would specifically be about getting him back to square one is interesting. Gannon coordinated the Eagles defense for the last two seasons and oversaw major improvement in 2022 (yes, even if the Super Bowl wasn't pretty) -- the Cardinals defense was extremely aggressive last year and Gannon could bring some upheaval in 2023.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals hired Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon as their head coach.​

Return of Gannon. After telling reporters following the NFC Championship game that he'd be back in Philadelphia, late-charging interest from the Cardinals after the Super Bowl lands him in the desert. We'll have to see who the Cardinals hook on with as an offensive coordinator before we can understand the fantasy impact on Arizona's best players, but this looks likely to be a mulligan year with Kyler Murray coming back from a late-season ACL tear. The Cardinals not feeling strongly enough about Murray to tie in someone who would specifically be about getting him back to square one is interesting. Gannon coordinated the Eagles defense for the last two seasons and oversaw major improvement in 2022 (yes, even if the Super Bowl wasn't pretty) -- the Cardinals defense was extremely aggressive last year and Gannon could bring some upheaval in 2023.

1676419866897.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Commanders will interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for the same position on Thursday.​

The long-awaited interview between Bieniemy and Ron Rivera has finally been locked in. The Commanders have been vocal about their desire to speak to the two-time Super Bowl-winning offensive coordinator and now have their chance to do so. The union between Bieniemy and Rivera would be an interesting one should it come to fruition, as Bieniemy has orchestrated one of the more pass-heavy offenses in the league with Patrick Mahomes, while Rivera is on record as wanting a 2-to-1 run to pass ratio in 2023. While a pass-heavy offense is much easier to run with a two-time MVP in Mahomes, it's hard to imagine Bieniemy buying into a stone-age style of football after five years of success with the Chiefs. A potential front-runner to land the Commanders' offensive coordinator role, there are legitimate questions about how these two coaches could mesh philosophically.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bienemy deserves a shot somewhere to show that he can get the job done. Too many teams have used the crutch of the Chiefs offense being all Andy Reid and he keeps getting overlooked. Maybe that's the case, but the dude has more than proven he's worthy of a chance to run his own show.
For Christ's sake, Nathaniel Hackett got ahead coaching gig by being a glorified version of Aaron Rodgers' QB coach, that offense was all Lafluer and Rodgers, not Hackett, and he got a shot. It's time NFL.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many teams have used the crutch of the Chiefs offense being all Andy Reid and he keeps getting overlooked.
Maybe the Matt Nagy hiring scares them from trusting another KC coach?
:trash:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure?

Why did Dak throw all those picks? Moore and him worked together for years and keep botching the bigger moments. Sell me on Moore.
Sorry didn't see this till now.

I would say Dak threw those picks because he's always been irresponsible with the ball, consistently makes bad decisions. He makes a ton of plays, he always does some real dumb shit.

Moore's play designs certainly didn't throw those picks. The statistics speak for themselves as to his ability to steward top 5 scoring offenses..hell even with Cooper Rush, they barely skipped a beat.
I guess I don't see any realistic correlation to an OC's gameplan and a QB consistently melting underpressure and throwing picks. It ain't like the QB couldn't choose to not throw it to the other team.

Edit- btw, Dak was throwing boneheaded picks for three years prior to Moore becoming the OC, but prior to Moore, he'd never thrown more than 23 scores.