• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 draft tracker

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rounding off the Commanders’ draft in 2023 was Andre Jones at No. 233 overall. And as far as landing spots go, this is a pretty good one for the Louisiana product given the need for immediate assistance at the defensive second level.

Jones has the size to line up as an edge rusher either as a 4-3 defensive end or standing up as an outside linebacker. His main strength in college was tempting blockers into angles they have no business attempting and blowing past them en route to the backfield.

The prospect is always looking for counters and keeps his hands busy. Jones doesn’t have the speed to be considered dynamic, and there is also a level of stiffness to his bend that needs refinement if he wants to earn a roster spot.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So….
2 secondary
2 olinemen
1 rb
2 lb.

Sounds like they addresses needs on both sides of the team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ Henry is a very good football player. Seen him play many times
Everyone we drafted this year is considered a good football player.

Folks are pissed because

1. None of them were flash picks or considered the best at their position
2. We passed on Gonzalez to take Forbes
3. We didnt draft a TE which everyone swore we should take in what was considered a deep TE draft.

Personally Im good because the two edge rushers will float between EDGE and OLB, I actually like the DBs we took. And we added O-line depth and RB Depth.

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Howell has been setup for failure Washington will probably have some QB off the street mid season as the starter
The worst thing that could happen for us is that we are simply average and win 7 or 8 or 9 games, just like the season that just ended. That puts us back in the middle of the first round and without the possibility of getting that elite level player. We either need to suck ass or win 11 or 12 games and be in the playoffs.

Last year we saw guys like Sam Howell, Malik Willis and Matt Corral tumble in the draft compared to their preseason rankings. All 3 of the those guys were being mocked as a top 10 pick. Howell fell to the 5th, etc. The Titans have already moved on from Willis and the Panthers have done the same with Corral

I really don’t see Drake Maye or Caleb Williams falling out of the top 5. If we decide the future QB isn’t Howell, we have to find out quickly to give us an opportunity to try to move up for Maye or a Williams. But I like Howell and hope it works for us with him

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone we drafted this year is considered a good football player.

Folks are pissed because

1. None of them were flash picks or considered the best at their position
2. We passed on Gonzalez to take Forbes
3. We didnt draft a TE which everyone swore we should take in what was considered a deep TE draft.

Personally Im good because the two edge rushers will float between EDGE and OLB, I actually like the DBs we took. And we added O-line depth and RB Depth.
Folks are pissed because they didn't pick players folks wanted. It is what people do during the draft. I laughed to myself a few times the past few days remembering the days when we read the sport page the next to see who was drafted.

Gonzalez was never on the table. The Patriots were going to take him but they knew Washington wanted Forbes so they took the trade back.

shark, spot on. One thing it seems this team never has is depth. I felt like they worked on that in this draft. In reality no one knows how this draft was until you get two or three years from now.

Some interesting things I saw on Facebook .... they had the wrong number for Stromberg. You saw RR's attempt and then the call with him. EB called him after that. Ron said EB wanted Stromberg bad. He also said he wanted the RB bad. KJ Henry's dad came down the stairs of his house in a 75th Redskins jersey after his son was picked.

Now lets get this sale done.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks are pissed because they didn't pick players folks wanted. It is what people do during the draft. I laughed to myself a few times the past few days remembering the days when we read the sport page the next to see who was drafted.

Gonzalez was never on the table. The Patriots were going to take him but they knew Washington wanted Forbes so they took the trade back.

shark, spot on. One thing it seems this team never has is depth. I felt like they worked on that in this draft. In reality no one knows how this draft was until you get two or three years from now.

Some interesting things I saw on Facebook .... they had the wrong number for Stromberg. You saw RR's attempt and then the call with him. EB called him after that. Ron said EB wanted Stromberg bad. He also said he wanted the RB bad. KJ Henry's dad came down the stairs of his house in a 75th Redskins jersey after his son was picked.

Now lets get this sale done.
I get being sad that the team didnt take the player they were hoping for in the first round.

But to autoshit on every single pick and proclaim the entire draft a failure is a might childish. Will they all work out? Probably not. But most if not all of these guys were on draft boards for better than half the league. We took players that we either need now, or will/could need in the future.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get being sad that the team didnt take the player they were hoping for in the first round.

But to autoshit on every single pick and proclaim the entire draft a failure is a might childish. Will they all work out? Probably not. But most if not all of these guys were on draft boards for better than half the league. We took players that we either need now, or will/could need in the future.
Agree ... the draft is not an exact science. Some guys are Heath Shuler and some are Kam Curl.

Who knew Chris Hanburger who would have been a UDFA these days would be a HOFer.

I think some of the "autoshiting) is the beat down from 25 years of Dan Snyder and even the years after Gibbs. This is just one more thing the NFL took advantage of. Instead of checking the paper the next day they have made a year long event out of it and fans playing GM.

I this years draft I didn't know a lot of the guys drafted. I don't have the time and I guess interest to follow college football like I did when I was younger. I don't put much stock in mock drafts or pundits.

From playing and coaching I know somethings can't be taught. Forbes has unique ball skills. That can't be taught. You can teach many things but that isn't one of them. But many want to focus on his weight only and not the fact that he has the NCAA record for returned TDs.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW the same thing is done in college sports with the 5 star, 4 star .... crap. There are always some 5 star recruits who get handled by some 3 star recruits.

I am reminded of a guy we had that played WR and CB. Some local PG County guy that knew Norm Chow called him and said you better take a look at this kid. He got a scholarship at Hawaii and then transferred to Wisconsin where old Baltimore safety was the DC. He got two or three years in the NFL. He was not highly recruited. I can tell more stories like that but you get the point. It is just not an exact science.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree ... the draft is not an exact science. Some guys are Heath Shuler and some are Kam Curl.

Who knew Chris Hanburger who would have been a UDFA these days would be a HOFer.

I think some of the "autoshiting) is the beat down from 25 years of Dan Snyder and even the years after Gibbs. This is just one more thing the NFL took advantage of. Instead of checking the paper the next day they have made a year long event out of it and fans playing GM.

I this years draft I didn't know a lot of the guys drafted. I don't have the time and I guess interest to follow college football like I did when I was younger. I don't put much stock in mock drafts or pundits.

From playing and coaching I know somethings can't be taught. Forbes has unique ball skills. That can't be taught. You can teach many things but that isn't one of them. But many want to focus on his weight only and not the fact that he has the NCAA record for returned TDs.
Agreed. The Job I have now is alot more hands on and I deal with alot more needy people. So I simply dont have the time to start researching college prospects the moment our season ends as I used to. I may track one or two mocks and see who they are projecting us to take. But hell even that was so far off the mark this year that it would have ben fruitless endeavor.