• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 draft tracker

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR has said all along he likes the TE room. Who knows, maybe EB does too.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are starting what amounts to a redshirt rookie, or a journeyman QB.

Our weakness on defense has been secondary (maybe a little LB).

Get the Defense as close to lock down as possible, take the weight off the red shirt, and see where we go
I pretty much agree. I think Ron and JDR are trying to build a lights out defense. I think they were trying to strengthen the secondary. I am okay with that as long as it doesn't take them 6 games to get the D playing well like it has the past few years.

What we don't have a feeling for is EB. We know what he did in KC but we don't know what he will do as THE OC. kbso may well be right. Three step drops, slants ... run game. I am excited to see what he comes up with.

Because of the likely owner change, this year was always going to be a wild card. I don't think we want Harris to come in and fire RR first thing. He needs to build his FO first and let them build a staff. I'll bet he is working on that behind the scenes. It is hard to be patient. We have all wanted Dan gone for a long time. Everyone on the staff knows they are working to keep their jobs. In the end .... most will be gone.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree. I think Ron and JDR are trying to build a lights out defense. I think they were trying to strengthen the secondary. I am okay with that as long as it doesn't take them 6 games to get the D playing well like it has the past few years.

What we don't have a feeling for is EB. We know what he did in KC but we don't know what he will do as THE OC. kbso may well be right. Three step drops, slants ... run game. I am excited to see what he comes up with.

Because of the likely owner change, this year was always going to be a wild card. I don't think we want Harris to come in and fire RR first thing. He needs to build his FO first and let them build a staff. I'll bet he is working on that behind the scenes. It is hard to be patient. We have all wanted Dan gone for a long time. Everyone on the staff knows they are working to keep their jobs. In the end .... most will be gone.
IM not going to write off the staff out of hand.

If the defense is lights out, and the offense is productive, a legit wildcard run might put pause to the whole fire them all and rebuild kick. I know folks have been frustrated with Ron. But no one, repeat no one has been able to overcome Dan Snyders shadow on this team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Harris comes in and the first thing he does is hire a well respected and highly decorated GM I'll know the nightmare is over. That said if Mayhew hits on this draft that will make things very interesting for Harris. We've been drafting well.

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is completely incorrect. There was a stat that was showed last night that said he gave up catches in man-to-man coverage at about 30%. In zone coverage that number went up to about 70%. It said he can fit in our defense but it did not indicate that he was better in zone than man

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris comes in and the first thing he does is hire a well respected and highly decorated GM I'll know the nightmare is over. That said if Mayhew hits on this draft that will make things very interesting for Harris. We've been drafting well.
I am good with what both you and shark are saying .... history often says ... I want my people. Who do you think contacted Payton before he took the Denver job. My guess is Harris or Fertitta.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with what both you and shark are saying .... history often says ... I want my people. Who do you think contacted Payton before he took the Denver job. My guess is Harris or Fertitta.
Gotta think it was Harris. Don't think Bezos has the sports wherewithal to think like that. Fertitta jumped in late from what I can tell.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to keep seeing our defense not protecting the 1st down marker ,? Will we actually cover TE ? Will we make The tackle when we need it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in round 4 you might be able to grab a need who could contribute. From then on it’s looking at traits and taking fliers on guys

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in round 4 you might be able to grab a need who could contribute. From then on it’s looking at traits and taking fliers on guys

What is going on with Dawn Jones? Are teams scared b/c of his weight. He could be a LG for us. Him and the De from NW are really sliding. Ringo has dropped. I thought he was a late 2nd

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CB Jartavius Martin (No. 47 to Commanders)​

player headshot

team logo
Jartavius Martin
WAS • DB
View Profile
Martin jumps off the screen when you watch him, literally as he recorded the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine's top vertical jump, 44 inches. This selection in addition to Mississippi State cornerback Emmanuel Forbes in Round 1 means Washington has addressed serious needs. A lot of times teams draft for the teams in their division that they need to beat. That's what happens here. Martin has played some deep safety, some nickel corner, and even some outside corner for Illinois. That versatility make him intriguing. He ran 4.46 40-yard dash at the combine and comes from a fantastic Illini defense that saw Devon Witherspoon go fifth overall to the Seahawks. This is a great start to the 2023 NFL Draft for the Commanders.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggles just drafted dad's guy and changed their name to the Philadelphia BulllDawgs.. New mascots name is Vinnie the Bulldog.