• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Draft - Bears Edition - Day 2

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Neck beard required?

Whatever just so long as it happens...We can't be seriously thinking of rolling with Patrick and Whitehair at Center this upcoming season, can we? What's the definition of insanity again?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Bears do another trade up, that's it for today. Gotta say, I thought the picks today were for the future more than the present. Doesn't make them wrong, but if we were looking for more instant gratification, I'd say keep looking.

I think we did fine. We needed big boys...We got some. Took a chance on a DB with some pretty good raw talent. Seems legit. Not sure why anyone would be that unhappy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Bears do another trade up, that's it for today. Gotta say, I thought the picks today were for the future more than the present. Doesn't make them wrong, but if we were looking for more instant gratification, I'd say keep looking.
I don't understand what this means...

A) It's the draft. Most guys (especially non 1st rounders) don't step in and start/make a big impact immediately. All drafts are looking "long term" and "to the future".

B) All four guys we've drafted have a chance to immediately get a lot of playing time/start. Darnell is already a shoe-in to be our starting RT. Gervon Dexter to start on the interior DL.

I don't think I've ever been so confused by one of your posts. Just saying. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did fine. We needed big boys...We got some. Took a chance on a DB with some pretty good raw talent. Seems legit. Not sure why anyone would be that unhappy.
I like our draft, quite a bit.

We needed a tackle offensively. We got one. We needed big time help on defense in the trenches - we got TWO guys for that. Can never have enough good DB's in the NFL. D needed more help than the offense. 3 of 4 picks were defense, besides the lone/glaring position of need on offense.

What's not to like?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Whitehair is our center.

Pretty old news.

The question going into the draft was whether the Bears would take a center early, which could have spelled post-June 1st cut for Cody. I now think it's fair to assume his job is safe.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did fine......a year or two from now. Not sure how many day one starters outside of Wright and maybe Stevenson were taken today.
But I also believe in the mantra: In Poles We Trust

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did fine......a year or two from now. Not sure how many day one starters outside of Wright and maybe Stevenson were taken today.
But I also believe in the mantra: In Poles We Trust

We took some pretty high ceiling dudes today from the looks of it. I like that approach personally. We took what looks to be a bona fide with Wright yesterday then took some calculated risks at positions of need today. I wouldn't doubt 1-2 of the guys we took today become household names for us. We'll see though. I would bet highly on Wright panning out. Seems like a golden pick. So yay for that.

Now I just need my center and I can rest happy. Body is ready for pick 103. Maybe the Ohio State kid....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took some pretty high ceiling dudes today from the looks of it. I like that approach personally. We took what looks to be a bona fide with Wright yesterday then took some calculated risks at positions of need today. I wouldn't doubt 1-2 of the guys we took today become household names for us. We'll see though. I would bet highly on Wright panning out. Seems like a golden pick. So yay for that.

Now I just need my center and I can rest happy. Body is ready for pick 103. Maybe the Ohio State kid....
Bingo! That was kinda my point. Not saying our picks sucked by any stretch, but if you're looking for more instantaneous gratification, you might want to double think this. Doesn't make Poles wrong, he's looking at the big pic and perhaps a bit further down the road than some schmuck like me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand that Patrick/Whitehair are the current plan...It's just a stupid f*cking plan.
Personally, I think that (when healthy) Whitehair has been one of our best players for quite a while. Center, guard, whatever... he works.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're an elite pass rusher away from me really liking this roster.

This feels very 2018-ish. Except, I don't think we're about to make a landmark trade for an all-pro pass rusher. Lol. So... yeah.

I still like where we're at. Provided, of course, that Fields takes a big step in his progression as a passer. We all know that, though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article on Tyrique Stevenson:

Looks like he's going to the outside and Gordon will slide inside to play the slot.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Got some big guys in the trenches and Tyrique Stevenson I've seen as top 5 CB / possible late-1st rounder in some people eyes.
I think we got a steal in this one

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of a single one of them........In Poles we trust.

Go Bears

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think that (when healthy) Whitehair has been one of our best players for quite a while. Center, guard, whatever... he works.

I mean...If we roll with Whitehair and Patrick we're already light years ahead of what we were doing with Mustipher last year. I'm pretty big on offensive line continuity as we go forward. (Having Olin all those years was just a blessing) IMO, this is a great year to just bite the bullet and get our center of the future with all the draft picks we have. Hell, every center was still on the board for us into round 3 so I thought we were for sure going there.

Jones/Wright/Jenkins/Borom/Davis...Hell everyone on the o-line including the no names outside of Patrick and Whitehair are 26 and under. I mean, maybe that's the thing? Poles/Flus want at least one experienced grizzled vet there at the center position to call out protections and such since the rest of the line is still young? I can buy that. Though I'd much prefer let a young kid take the lumps this upcoming season. We're not going to be serious contenders in 2023 so why not attempt to build that continuity train going into 2024 and beyond (presumably much more competitive seasons) with a young, hungry talented center too?

Eh well. I mean...Poles was a freaking o-lineman so I would hope this area would be the one he gets right if any. lol. So gotta have faith in the plan...He's done well so far so wait and see.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...If we roll with Whitehair and Patrick we're already light years ahead of what we were doing with Mustipher last year. I'm pretty big on offensive line continuity as we go forward. (Having Olin all those years was just a blessing) IMO, this is a great year to just bite the bullet and get our center of the future with all the draft picks we have. Hell, every center was still on the board for us into round 3 so I thought we were for sure going there.

Jones/Wright/Jenkins/Borom/Davis...Hell everyone on the o-line including the no names outside of Patrick and Whitehair are 26 and under. I mean, maybe that's the thing? Poles/Flus want at least one experienced grizzled vet there at the center position to call out protections and such since the rest of the line is still young? I can buy that. Though I'd much prefer let a young kid take the lumps this upcoming season. We're not going to be serious contenders in 2023 so why not attempt to build that continuity train going into 2024 and beyond (presumably much more competitive seasons) with a young, hungry talented center too?

Eh well. I mean...Poles was a freaking o-lineman so I would hope this area would be the one he gets right if any. lol. So gotta have faith in the plan...He's done well so far so wait and see.
Jones, Jenkins, Whitehair, Davis, Wright

That'll be the starting 5.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones, Jenkins, Whitehair, Davis, Wright

That'll be the starting 5.
Jenkins was removed as a starter on the bears depth chart shortly after we drafted Wright (who was added as a starter at Rt immediately). Been kind of a thing cycling with the local media this week. We’ll see. There’s been rumblings of the brass not enamored with Jenkins before.