• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four straight after the break and we remain fifth or sixth in the East. If we get into the top four, man that would be awesome. I think maybe Briere should forgo this trade deadline hysteria and just keep everyone intact. But I am quite sure there are peeps that want the big three traded and then re-signed later to obtain more draft assets and maybe pick-up a good player along the process.
Unfortunately we're not going to be able to resign a couple of those players, gotta get what we can so we don't get nothing. I think right now, I'd keep Seeler over Laughton and Walker as I think those two bring the highest rewards. Hopefully Laughton keeps shining to bring his value even higher.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game against the Yotes, IMO the three strongest players in that game were, Frost, Hathaway and Errson. Hathaway was a beast. Love the guys hustle in all zones and the monster hits he's been laying lately. If Frost can continue to grow into a constant player as he was in that game he'd be hard not to re-sign

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game against the Yotes, IMO the three strongest players in that game were, Frost, Hathaway and Errson. Hathaway was a beast. Love the guys hustle in all zones and the monster hits he's been laying lately. If Frost can continue to grow into a constant player as he was in that game he'd be hard not to re-sign
This is 100% ON THE MONEY!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't impressed by this signing when it happened but I can definitely admit I was wrong for sure. I think his play has improved a lot under Torts in just a half season.
I didn't like the signing at first because he would be blocking a Brink or Allison from getting time on the big club but its working out pretty good so far.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts has a host of young, eager players and that is the type of players Torts likes. We are seeing the Torts system in full bloom and the results are really good at this point!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tippett and Drysdale on maintenance days. Not sure when Risto last played and Foerster should be a few more games. Hard to trade Risto to begin with and now he may be out a few weeks with an injury. I think he wants to remain a Flyer and is faking the injury!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird i wonder why now?

This was my question too. What made 54 games in to the season the right time?

Only thing I can think of is Laughton is more likely to get moved and they wanted someone(s) else to have a letter before they moved him.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing I can think of is Laughton is more likely to get moved and they wanted someone(s) else to have a letter before they moved him.
This is why

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tippett and Drysdale on maintenance days. Not sure when Risto last played and Foerster should be a few more games. Hard to trade Risto to begin with and now he may be out a few weeks with an injury. I think he wants to remain a Flyer and is faking the injury!
That POS Risto is thorn in our side. :gaah:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill agree with this it makes sense. :nod:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game tonight. Glad we got a point out of it. The no quit attitude pushed us into OT with the chance to win. Even though we were down by two we were in that game the whole time, just a few missed opportunities made the difference. Gonna be hard to keep the chemistry brewing if and when we lose some folks. I mean realistically let's say we lose Laughton, Walker and possibly Frost or Seeler. Who replaces those guys? Brink? Who else, maybe get a return in a trade but still that's a huge hole to fill.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game tonight. Glad we got a point out of it. The no quit attitude pushed us into OT with the chance to win. Even though we were down by two we were in that game the whole time, just a few missed opportunities made the difference. Gonna be hard to keep the chemistry brewing if and when we lose some folks. I mean realistically let's say we lose Laughton, Walker and possibly Frost or Seeler. Who replaces those guys? Brink? Who else, maybe get a return in a trade but still that's a huge hole to fill.

I still don't see them moving Frost. He's been extremely good at 5 on 5 the past 6 weeks or so. OT goal against last night aside, he's been grading out really well defensively too according to some of the advanced stats stuff that shows up on my twitter feed. Obviously not a high end guy at the moment, but he's starting to show some signs of maybe being a legit top 6 guy. And the Flyers desperately need Cs that can be that.

Walker I don't think will hurt too much. They seem to want Sanheim to play on the right. Drysdale/Sanheim/Risto down the right side seems to be where they're heading and that's fine for the current state of the team. Plus Bonk is RH in the future, and Attard if you believe in him.

If Seeler goes, which I think he should if they can get a 3rd round pick, the left side is York/Zamula/Staal or they call up Andrae. Could call up Attard instead and move Sanheim back to the left. They're weak there, but they're a rebuilding team and that happens.

Laughton they'll miss for his leadership. But on the ice? I think with Hathaway, Poehling, Cates, Brink, Atkinson, Deslauriers they can fill out a pretty solid bottom 6. Plus guys like Allison, Tuomaala, and Desnoyers are hopefully future options for those roles. Barkey too.

Last edited: