• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Patriots Draft Discussions

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if BB will couple one of those 6ths with a 4th and move up?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess as to what Bill will do today.

Round 2 (54) CB

Round 3 (85) WR

Round 3 (94, from Chiefs) SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! QB

Carson Strong, Nevada​

NCAA Football: Senior Bowl Practice
Mandatory Credit: Vasha Hunt-USA TODAY Sports
  • Size: 6-foot-4, 225 lbs
  • Current draft projection: Mid-round pick
  • Carson Strong stats (2021): 70.2%, 4,186 passing yards, 36 TD, 8 INT
  • -208 rushing yards, 0 TD
No, that’s not a typo, Carson Strong really finished his final college season with a negative amount of rushing yards. I’m sure if we asked Strong, he wouldn’t care about that aspect, he is what he is, but he does possess some sneaky athleticism that might surprise some teams.

The California native has one of the biggest arms in this QB class and can routinely connect on bombs downfield. During the Senior Bowl, Strong impressed with his ability to make shorter and intermediate passes that still cut through the high winds players were dealing with. Strong can make up some more ground during the rest of the pre-draft process, but he has no chance of rising into the top three of our 2022 NFL Draft quarterback prospect rankings.

A chronic knee injury that Strong dealt with at Nevada might also knock him down a bit on some draft boards.

Whoever picks Strong is getting one of the best pocket passers in college football. He has the potential to improve with some better coaching. A three-star prospect, Nevada was his only FBS offer, yet Strong was among the most productive signal-callers in the nation.

• Carson Strong strengths: Arm strength, good pocket presence, confident, aggressive thrower, experienced, ball placement
  • Carson Strong weaknesses: Long-term durability questions (knee), not a runner, not always the best deep ball thrower despite his big arm, sometimes gets stuck on his first or second read
There is damn sure a need for a QB but I would rather see OT CB WR

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like he is getting his Arse handed to him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This = BB
Bulletin Board

Not only are the Ram fans cocky, now McVay and Snead join the smuck club
The Rams have won, what 21 super bowls since they started their run 2001?

McVay and Snead had an "Aw shit" moment when Bill took Strange. The Rams have had a decent team for the past few years yet have traded their past seven first round picks and yet have been to the SB twice and won it once. Think they'll be in it in 2023?

Not a single one of us even knew this guy existed until BB picked him last night and we're all experts at how poor a choice it was. Think about it experts. Why are we sitting at home giving opinions on our cellphones or computers instead of sitting in the draft room giving advice or input.?

The negative comments by the so called experts who tend to shit on everything Belichick does is nothing more than lashing out because they missed 26 of their first 29 predictions because the Texans crossed them up at #3 and took Stingley which totally fucked every one of them's mock drafts.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McVay and Snead had an "Aw shit" moment when Bill took Strange. The Rams have had a decent team for the past few years yet have traded their past seven first round picks and yet have been to the SB twice and won it once. Think they'll be in it in 2023?

Not a single one of us even knew this guy existed until BB picked him last night and we're all experts at how poor a choice it was. Think about it experts. Why are we sitting at home giving opinions on our cellphones or computers instead of sitting in the draft room giving advice or input.?

The negative comments by the so called experts who tend to shit on everything Belichick does is nothing more than lashing out because they missed 26 of their first 29 predictions because the Texans crossed them up at #3 and took Stingley which totally fucked every one of them's mock drafts.
Who exactly said it was a poor pick?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well... when literally every single mock draft by guys who make their living off of watching college players have him ranked no higher than the 70th best player available and that's being generous. Most have him closer to the 100th best player. I think there is a lot of merit to the questioning of this player.

And speaking of guys noone knew ever existed.....

Justin Rohrwasser says "howdy!"

And if I recall... over the last year you've been calling for Belichick's head? Basically saying he is too old to even tie his shoes. Ripped every one of us for "In Bill We Trust". Why the change of heart???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... when literally every single mock draft by guys who make their living off of watching college players have him ranked no higher than the 70th best player available and that's being generous. Most have him closer to the 100th best player. I think there is a lot of merit to the questioning of this player.

And if I recall... over the last year you've been calling for Belichick's head? Basically saying he is too old to even tie his shoes. Ripped every one of us for "In Bill We Trust". Why the change of heart???
I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this selection. I graded a B- which I think is fair a B- because it was early and we don't know if he can pass block. This being said BB directly targeted arguably the best run blocker in this draft there must be some sort of method to the madness. The kid also played center and tightend BB does like versatility.

Lets wait and see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess as to what Bill will do today.

Round 2 (54) CB

Round 3 (85) WR

Round 3 (94, from Chiefs) SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! QB

Carson Strong, Nevada​

NCAA Football: Senior Bowl Practice
Mandatory Credit: Vasha Hunt-USA TODAY Sports
  • Size: 6-foot-4, 225 lbs
  • Current draft projection: Mid-round pick
  • Carson Strong stats (2021): 70.2%, 4,186 passing yards, 36 TD, 8 INT
  • -208 rushing yards, 0 TD
No, that’s not a typo, Carson Strong really finished his final college season with a negative amount of rushing yards. I’m sure if we asked Strong, he wouldn’t care about that aspect, he is what he is, but he does possess some sneaky athleticism that might surprise some teams.

The California native has one of the biggest arms in this QB class and can routinely connect on bombs downfield. During the Senior Bowl, Strong impressed with his ability to make shorter and intermediate passes that still cut through the high winds players were dealing with. Strong can make up some more ground during the rest of the pre-draft process, but he has no chance of rising into the top three of our 2022 NFL Draft quarterback prospect rankings.

A chronic knee injury that Strong dealt with at Nevada might also knock him down a bit on some draft boards.

Whoever picks Strong is getting one of the best pocket passers in college football. He has the potential to improve with some better coaching. A three-star prospect, Nevada was his only FBS offer, yet Strong was among the most productive signal-callers in the nation.

• Carson Strong strengths: Arm strength, good pocket presence, confident, aggressive thrower, experienced, ball placement
  • Carson Strong weaknesses: Long-term durability questions (knee), not a runner, not always the best deep ball thrower despite his big arm, sometimes gets stuck on his first or second read
If Strong is available for this pick, there's a lot of teams that need to start firing their staff!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This being said BB directly targeted arguably the best run blocker in this draft there must be some sort of method to the madness. The kid also played center and tightend BB does like versatility.
I looked around to see more about this guy. He's a bit older and will be 24 when the season starts. That's the first gripe that the "experts" have on him. His football IQ is way above average so the next hit was that he doesn't have ham hock legs and at 312 he's a 'bit light'. Then they kind of pass over that he did a 9.92 in the full drills when most of the top guys were doing 10-11+.

My take is that he didn't play against the big boys. Still played top level but a lesser schedule. He's got lightning foot speed and long arms. As a pulling run blocker, he's a dangerous blocking missile. He didn't do much pass blocking so that skill is now suspect.

Like Reb, I'm more than willing to see what he does in preseason before making judgement.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made my judgement already. This is a good pick.

I cant wait until he is an all pro looking for a Joe Thuney contract and these same experts start talking about how Belichick is talking about trading the best guard in NFL!

Who else should Belichick have taken? Show me any name at guard! We had to have a starting guard.
We turned the #21 into a starter at need and 2 more picks in a talent heavy draft at other needed positions!
I'm emphatically giving this pick an A and the other 2 guards picked a C. !

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypocrite.

Typical of BK. He's a hypocrite. Two-faced.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must not have seen it. I don't know these 2 and don't get any of this.
The show is called Blue Mountain State. I believe it's still on Prime. I think it was originally on Spoke TV. It's a comedy.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK is dead-on with the comment however.

Where ya been dude? Haven't seen you in a long time.
He is. It's just funny coming from a guy who blasts BB often for the same reasons.

I haven't been around much. Forgot about this place for a while. Hope you and the rest of the Pat's crew here are all doing well?