• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Misses

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early but starting to feel like it is time to cut Allen Robinson loose in redraft leagues. Debating Zay Jones in one since he has 3x as many targets and is producing. I've got too many shares for a guy I was expecting to see around 7-8 targets per game and is currently seeing half that. TD pass through the hands last week didn't help things at all.

1664382703699.png

As of now, my only other big miss was watching teams pile up QB2s and TE2s in one draft where I stacked Dak/CeeDee, now I'm starting Wentz (puke) and looking to stream QB with nothing out there besides Dan Jones and Jacoby Brissett or Baker Mayfield types.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep AROB...huge miss for me, I had HIGH hopes. I mean why not? This guy had pretty damned good fantasy seasons with crappy offenses and even crappier QB's, and now he's got Stafford, McVay, and won't be the focal point of the defenses gameplan? What could go wrong??
I do think it'll improve, but it'll surely not be at all what I thought it would be.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep AROB...huge miss for me, I had HIGH hopes. I mean why not? This guy had pretty damned good fantasy seasons with crappy offenses and even crappier QB's, and now he's got Stafford, McVay, and won't be the focal point of the defenses gameplan? What could go wrong??
I do think it'll improve, but it'll surely not be at all what I thought it would be.

trailing both Higbee and Skowronek in targets after 3 games is something I wasn't prepared for.
Since I'm rolling with him at least a couple more weeks where I have him in most leagues, I did end up dropping him for Zay Jones in one league, just in case Zay's 9-10 targets per game where the Jags don't shut out their opponent holds steady.

very impressed with Pederson's Jags to start the year

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DJ Moore and Christian McCAffery in a bunch of leagues.

That isn’t going too great.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DJ Moore and Christian McCAffery in a bunch of leagues.

That isn’t going too great.

Feels gross hoping the Panthers turn back to Darnold, but I'm getting there myself

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Let Russ cook,” they said.
It's hard to cook when the ingredients are bad.
All he has to work with are 2 RB's, and Sutton. Everything else probably shouldn't be part of the recipe.

I don't think a lot of people really grasp how huge it was to lose Tim Patrick, cuz Juedy just ain't all he was cracked up to be

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Let Russ cook,” they said.
let-russ-cook-v0-ioyl09dx0pq91.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy where do I start...

Trey Lance... He didn't come close to the hype. And even if he didn't get injured the job was likely going to end up being Jimmy's before long. The rain game in week 1 only postponed the criticism.

Austin Ekeler.... Averaging just over 7ppg in standard formats.

Matt Stafford... Much like the disappointment in ARob, Stafford just looks cooked this year. 14.8ppg, and really struggling to find anyone other than Kupp. I think the elbow concern might be bigger than I thought.

Dalton Schultz... To be fair, he lost Prescott early & got injured in week 2. I still have a glimmer of hope he can emerge as a reliable option. I invested way too much into this guy for him to fail lol.

David Montgomery... 6.5ppg, and injured once again. Week 2 gave us a little hope.

Najee Harris... Hopefully at this point you stopped reading, so I can admit to my homerism mistake. Luckily I only invested in him once out of 4 leagues. The OL looked putrid in week 1, but has been steadily improving since then. Yet Harris is still not looking that good. His backup, who was a UDFA this year, is more effective right now. The offense is anemic, but hopefully once the QB & OC pull their heads out of their asses it will get better for the run game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And shoutout to Lamar Jackson & Saquon Barkley... Both of whom I invested in heavily the last 2 seasons only to be extremely disappointed And the year I finally say enough & avoid them they go OFF...

Sad Sports Bar GIF by Originals

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB-brady/wilson
RB-etienne/akers
WR-evans/metcalf

brady hopefully just needs the boys back
wilson i was never sold on denver only being a QB away from a SB
etienne just hasnt had a chance
akers not sure what happened
metcalf i expected him to not be as good with geno but hes just not getting it done
evans just needs to get healthy:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore for me too.
Derrick Henry. Maybe week 3 was a positive indicator of more to come?
Lazard. His questionable status every week is not helping.
Stashed Pacheco in several leagues which is quickly turning into a wasted bench spot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Moore for me too.
Derrick Henry. Maybe week 3 was a positive indicator of more to come?
Lazard. His questionable status every week is not helping.
Stashed Pacheco in several leagues which is quickly turning into a wasted bench spot.

I just don’t think Derrick Henry is close to the player he was at his peak.

He will still get enough volume to post big weeks, but you going to have to put up with a lot more dudes than normal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t think Derrick Henry is close to the player he was at his peak.

He will still get enough volume to post big weeks, but you going to have to put up with a lot more dudes than normal.

not sure if it is all on him though... the titans suck... and there offensive line has significantly worsened too...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if it is all on him though... the titans suck... and there offensive line has significantly worsened too...
I pin most of it on
A) Tranny's regression back to his truly crappy self
B) the oline
C) Burks and Woods are not the threat AJ Brown was (which is at least in part because of letter A)
and then maybe its a little bit of Henry just not being as great as he used to be

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went pretty heavy on Ekeler, Harris, and Kamara in the four leagues I do every year. I didn't go out of my way to get these guys, but they always seemed to fall to me where I felt I had to take them as the BPA. I even made a point to NOT draft Kamara once so I didn't have him in EVERY single league.

Honestly no RBs are really killing it this year outside of Chubb though so I'm not too worried.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK has been a huge bust for me

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorable mention: Tyreek Hill
I mean, yeah, the guy is good. But the whole move to Miami, the thought of Tua giving him the same opportunities as Mahomes.... i thought, no way. :bored2:

Preseason, I tried actively shopping him in my dynasty league. I think everyone else had the same fears. No takers. Looks like i'm stuck with him.
:headbanger::yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just from what I have seen, he doesn’t appear to have the same burst.

Of course there are other issues in play as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorable mention: Tyreek Hill
I mean, yeah, the guy is good. But the whole move to Miami, the thought of Tua giving him the same opportunities as Mahomes.... i thought, no way. :bored2:

Preseason, I tried actively shopping him in my dynasty league. I think everyone else had the same fears. No takers. Looks like i'm stuck with him.
:headbanger::yes:
Well, we'll see if that holds true with Teddy two gloves, at least for a little bit..maybe longer