• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft prospects

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Giants "have received calls from teams about potentially trading" for the No. 7 pick.​

Fowler added that the Seahawks have found some teams interested in the No. 9 overall pick, which they hold. With grades on the top quarterbacks ranging from elite to none being worth a first-round selection, we're in for a chaotic opening night of the draft. Fowler added that the picks just outside of the top 10 could be the ones targeted by teams looking to trade up. This might be a spot to nab a falling quarterback, or it could simply be the end of a perceived tier of player

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are just outside the top 10. So maybe we will trade down..

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are just outside the top 10. So maybe we will trade down..

Have you noticed how the eagles and giants are attempting to get better via trades and acquiring picks?
Skins are fine with going 1 and done

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you noticed how the eagles and giants are attempting to get better via trades and acquiring picks?
Skins are fine with going 1 and done

The Giants made a great trade last year with the Bears. They were in the right place and right time. I knew that Bears pick would have been top 10 this year. That was just luck. Sure the Eagles acquire picks but it doesn't mean they are going to use all those picks or hit on a player with those picks. The Eagles actually took Reagor over J. Jefferson in the draft. Everyone had Jefferson ranked much higher. Now they want to trade Reagor. So you are telling me the Eagles are smart? In this example its a no. Now b/c of that mistake they have to take could possibly take another WR this year in round 1.

Just b/c a team acquires picks doesn't mean they will hit on all of them. Look at the Patriots. Look at all the picks they acquired and alot of them were e big time misses. Harry over D. Samuel at WR. Remember that draft? Huge blunder.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Payne news broke do you guess think Jared Davis is in play at 11
Another bullseye by our front office.

Why in the world did we let Settle walk and then cut Ioannidis? We then decide after losing our top 2 reserve DTs that we don't want to keep Payne after all. Terrible front office decisions, yet again. We basically took away the one position of strength on the team and lost 3 of our top 4 DT players. I am guessing we just lost 65-70% of DT snap experience.

If the game plan was to NOT extend Payne, why gut the reserves? If traded, which we probably should now, we will have to plug a hole that could have been filled easily by IMan or Settle. I am not sure there is a worse front office. This is the 3rd blunder this offseason (signing McKissic after he had a deal with the Bills and then lying to Ioannidis). After watching the draft presser, I literally have no idea how any fan can claim to have confidence in this front office.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40th best DT is not that good of DT this is the part where if you have to many first rounders on the dline sooner or later you have to pay them all .. Got to pay sweat and Young soon... iron man has peeked he won't get any better .. the question is is Settle better then that Fa DT we picked up obadjo or whoever he is .. I don't think our FO is bad it's just a F.O that has no clear plan because they have no Franchise QB.. we all know what's going to happen we are going get Wentz some weapons then our OLine will fall apart... it's hard to Believe no team would give like a 3rd and 6th for Payne .. we might value are own players to much as Fans

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bullseye by our front office.

Why in the world did we let Settle walk and then cut Ioannidis? We then decide after losing our top 2 reserve DTs that we don't want to keep Payne after all. Terrible front office decisions, yet again. We basically took away the one position of strength on the team and lost 3 of our top 4 DT players. I am guessing we just lost 65-70% of DT snap experience.

If the game plan was to NOT extend Payne, why gut the reserves? If traded, which we probably should now, we will have to plug a hole that could have been filled easily by IMan or Settle. I am not sure there is a worse front office. This is the 3rd blunder this offseason (signing McKissic after he had a deal with the Bills and then lying to Ioannidis). After watching the draft presser, I literally have no idea how any fan can claim to have confidence in this front office.

I knew we weren't going to sign all 4 DL to long term deals. Maybe KC offers a 1st rounder for him. We offered Settle a contract he wanted to go to the Bills. I agree we should have kept Ionman. Could have reworked his deal.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40th best DT is not that good of DT this is the part where if you have to many first rounders on the dline sooner or later you have to pay them all .. Got to pay sweat and Young soon... iron man has peeked he won't get any better .. the question is is Settle better then that Fa DT we picked up obadjo or whoever he is .. I don't think our FO is bad it's just a F.O that has no clear plan because they have no Franchise QB.. we all know what's going to happen we are going get Wentz some weapons then our OLine will fall apart... it's hard to Believe no team would give like a 3rd and 6th for Payne .. we might value are own players to much as Fans

I disagree 100%. There is really no way to spin this in a positive way for RR. I agree we were NOT going to pay every DLineman to massive extensions. That is NOT the point here.

We took a position of strength and created an unnecessary hole. If the goal was to not extend Payne, we could have traded him during the beginning and peak of free agency. Once again, we appear confused. Now we have to find a starter PLUS reserves. I understand the need to create cap space. The ridiculous trade for Wentz soaked up the cap we had. We needed that cap to build the roster. We bid against ourselves and unnecessarily surrendered valuable draft picks. If we were going to assume the full contract for Wentz, there was simply no need to offer multiple high draft picks as well. We played chicken and clearly lost. Looking back, we got fleeced big time. We could have obviously had him for a low-round pick as we were taking on his FULL contract. No other teams were in the running. Indy would have been stupid to flat-out cut him and have his cap hit on the books. RR simply cannot score a decent trade for this organization. Add that blunder to the McKissic and IMan incidents, and I am not sure how one single fan can claim we have a decent front office. They are simply lying to themselves if they believe that.

We have several positions that are below average that need attention such as LBs (we only have 2 and no true MLB), WRs (we have no #2). We need to address and tend to these areas as they are much worse off than the DLine. The front office just added DT to a massive hole on the team and it wasn't needed. We will have to spend cap (which we don't have) and a draft pick or picks (which we don't have) on a position that was a strength.

Payne graded out as an above-average DT. You are free to look yourself. He graded out as 40th out of 109 which is above average. IMan graded out above average as well but was cut for no reason. Settle graded out above average as well. He signed a very cheap contract with the BIlls. We should have traded Payne and then signed Settle to a decent contract. Instead, we just lost 75% of our DT snaps for no good reason.

Posters have said to "have faith". This is NOT Sunday School so it is silly to keep saying this. Give me one good reason to trust this front ofice and I will. We blame Gruden/Allen for previous errors to make ourselves feel better. This front office is a train wreck and we have posters that literally say we need to be "positive" and "have faith". We literally have no starters at positions and RR just added another one. The draft CANNOT fix all of our probles and there are only 1 or maybe 2 free agents left who could start.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we weren't going to sign all 4 DL to long term deals. Maybe KC offers a 1st rounder for him. We offered Settle a contract he wanted to go to the Bills. I agree we should have kept Ionman. Could have reworked his deal.
For Payne???

Are you serious? We need to get our stories straight. Coach is claiming he is NOT good but now you think we might get a 1st rounder?

This isn't Madden guys. You know what we are doing isn't making any sense. Same as when you were confused why Wilson chose the Broncos over WSH. I am shocked you were confused b his decision.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Payne???

Are you serious? We need to get our stories straight. Coach is claiming he is NOT good but now you think we might get a 1st rounder?

This isn't Madden guys. You know what we are doing isn't making any sense. Same as when you were confused why Wilson chose the Broncos over WSH. I am shocked you were confused b his decision.

Wilson had a better chance to win here than Denver. Very possible Denver doesn't make the playoffs b/c of the loaded AFC. Why is that confusing? A lot of teams have multiple picks in this years draft. They might send a late 1 or 2 for Payne. You never know,.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson had a better chance to win here than Denver. Very possible Denver doesn't make the playoffs b/c of the loaded AFC. Why is that confusing? A lot of teams have multiple picks in this years draft. They might send a late 1 or 2 for Payne. You never know,.
Now, now gentlemen

Let's not forget which team gets to play the "sucker" role when dealing with other teams!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's not about winning for Wilson? Maybe he doesn't want to play for a team with sexual harassment issues being investigated by Congress and an owner who cooked the books that is also investigated by Congress. Maybe the fact that 3 state AGs are now investigating our organization is a red flag for him. I would have picked the Broncos hands down. They are a better team and a better run organization. Maybe Wilson feels that he can get the team over the hump in his 2nd year? The fact that you criticize Wilson for his decision is hilarious. He would have been a fool to come here at this time.

Maybe he wanted to play for an offensive-minded coach who led a top 10 offense in the NFL instead of a wanna-be OC in Turner? Maybe he wanted the support of a top 3 defense in the league? Maybe he knew he was the missing piece for a Denver team and that WSH is several pieces away from competing in a weaker NFC.?Maybe he was up for the challenge and wanted to go after KC and SD. I trust Wilson's judgment over yours Dean because Wilson is realistic. You live in a fantasy land with this team. You literally cannot understand simple concepts in the NFL. You never look at the big picture and only look at the here and now.

So are you admitting Coach is wrong and that Payne is "good" and that Payne is a stud and worth a 1st round pick? KC is a smart organization and if they want Payne, they would fleece Rivera. Who do you trust...RR or Reid?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's not about winning for Wilson? Maybe he doesn't want to play for a team with sexual harassment issues being investigated by Congress and an owner who cooked the books that is also investigated by Congress. Maybe the fact that 3 state AGs are now investigating our organization is a red flag for him. I would have picked the Broncos hands down. They are a better team and a better run organization. Maybe Wilson feels that he can get the team over the hump in his 2nd year? The fact that you criticize Wilson for his decision is hilarious. He would have been a fool to come here at this time.

Maybe he wanted to play for an offensive-minded coach who led a top 10 offense in the NFL instead of a wanna-be OC in Turner? Maybe he wanted the support of a top 3 defense in the league? Maybe he knew he was the missing piece for a Denver team and that WSH is several pieces away from competing in a weaker NFC.?Maybe he was up for the challenge and wanted to go after KC and SD. I trust Wilson's judgment over yours Dean because Wilson is realistic. You live in a fantasy land with this team. You literally cannot understand simple concepts in the NFL. You never look at the big picture and only look at the here and now.

So are you admitting Coach is wrong and that Payne is "good" and that Payne is a stud and worth a 1st round pick? KC is a smart organization and if they want Payne, they would fleece Rivera. Who do you trust...RR or Reid?

I am being realistic. At this stage in his career Wilson should be about winning. It's going to be tougher to win in Denver than here. Simple as that. Im just hoping for a late first for Payne. Payne is an above avg DT. You dont think we can get a 2nd for him?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Payne sucks what I am saying loving the 40th best DT is kind of stupid and over value that player

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Payne sucks what I am saying loving the 40th best DT is kind of stupid and over value that player
So he is above average player statistically wise and we should dump him? He was ranked 40th out of 109 players.

Dof87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprise Sam Hartman decided to return to Wake Forest, this would be a good year for him to get drafted.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being realistic. At this stage in his career Wilson should be about winning. It's going to be tougher to win in Denver than here. Simple as that. Im just hoping for a late first for Payne. Payne is an above avg DT. You dont think we can get a 2nd for him?
You don't know that. You are assuming winning means everything to Wilson. You need to take off your blinders and look at the big picture. He is a 9x Pro Bowler and SB champ. Perhaps he is wanting to finish his career with a respectable organization.

Again, stop assuming that we are in a more competitive spot than Denver. DEN has a top 3 defense and literally was only missing a QB. Wilson knew that and is smart. You seem to imply that he is a moron for picking DEN over WSH. You have never addressed the offensive potential that DEN will have under Hackett instead of a bottom feeder like Turner. The facts are this:

Hackett is better than Turner
DEN D is better than WSH D

It is not as "simple" as that. KC has taken a step back talent-wise and we don't know how good LV will be under McDaniels. With the NFC East, Dallas is king, Philly is a playoff team and NYG now has a solid HC who should jump-start the offense.

You also neglect the reputation and pride factor. You have to admit that WSH is the least respectable NFL team right now. I am sure Wilson wants to have pride in the team plays for. You yourself admitted Snyder is an awful owner. Why would Wilson want to play for the worst owner in the NFL? Perhaps he doesn't like Rivera and Mayhew. He knew he would hate Snyder.

Payne is indeed an above-average DT, but he isn't 1st or 2nd round trade worthy. In the hands of a decent front office, maybe they could get a 2nd rounder. We have one of the worst front offices in the league and RR constantly gets hosed in trades. Why would he pull off a good trade for Payne? There is literally no evidence to suggest that. Our trade history is awful under RR.

This is why discussions are difficult with you and pointless. You argue with emotion and feeling. You encourage posters to be positive and have faith. This isn't church or a motivational speaker seminar. Keep in mind, you are literally the only poster on here who:

Believes we have a good front office
Believes Wentz was a good trade

Nobody here agrees with you including pundits. Do you ever wonder why?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that. You are assuming winning means everything to Wilson. You need to take off your blinders and look at the big picture. He is a 9x Pro Bowler and SB champ. Perhaps he is wanting to finish his career with a respectable organization.

Again, stop assuming that we are in a more competitive spot than Denver. DEN has a top 3 defense and literally was only missing a QB. Wilson knew that and is smart. You seem to imply that he is a moron for picking DEN over WSH. You have never addressed the offensive potential that DEN will have under Hackett instead of a bottom feeder like Turner. The facts are this:

Hackett is better than Turner
DEN D is better than WSH D

It is not as "simple" as that. KC has taken a step back talent-wise and we don't know how good LV will be under McDaniels. With the NFC East, Dallas is king, Philly is a playoff team and NYG now has a solid HC who should jump-start the offense.

You also neglect the reputation and pride factor. You have to admit that WSH is the least respectable NFL team right now. I am sure Wilson wants to have pride in the team plays for. You yourself admitted Snyder is an awful owner. Why would Wilson want to play for the worst owner in the NFL? Perhaps he doesn't like Rivera and Mayhew. He knew he would hate Snyder.

Payne is indeed an above-average DT, but he isn't 1st or 2nd round trade worthy. In the hands of a decent front office, maybe they could get a 2nd rounder. We have one of the worst front offices in the league and RR constantly gets hosed in trades. Why would he pull off a good trade for Payne? There is literally no evidence to suggest that. Our trade history is awful under RR.

This is why discussions are difficult with you and pointless. You argue with emotion and feeling. You encourage posters to be positive and have faith. This isn't church or a motivational speaker seminar. Keep in mind, you are literally the only poster on here who:

Believes we have a good front office
Believes Wentz was a good trade

Nobody here agrees with you including pundits. Do you ever wonder why?

Sure Denver is a more talented team than us but we have an easier road to get to the playoffs. I believe we are a good QB away from being a playoff team. We make it last year easily if we had one. We will see how the season plays out. Your plan was garbage for getting a QB this year. I could care less what pundits say. In our situation, Wentz was the best we could get besides Wilson. You are doom and gloom. You say we have a bad front office but FA's still continue to sign here? Why?

Not afraid of Philly we could of beaten them last year with bad QB's. Im fact game 2 came down to the end and guess what TH did? Dallas, will not do what they did last year. We were right with him at the home game. Again bad QB play and we were still in it. Giants will be better, but I think Wentz is better than Jones and Fields.