• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed up the 35 pound bird I had a chance to buy.
Roasted a 20 pounder. Smallest bird in 20 years.
I'll now eat turkey every day for weeks!

Turkey enchiladas, open turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey a la king, turkey tamales, you get the idea!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great argument on Boston Sports Tonight Thursday night. If the Patriots continue to play in the same manner as they have so far this year, it appears that they will finish 5-11 or 6-10. They could very well be in the top ten in the draft. The commentators were discussing the fact that 2021 will be a QB rich draft. The first argument was that BB does not like taking a QB that will become successful and walk away in year 6 or demand a King's ransom like Mahomes. He wants a QB that will manage the team and be paid fairly. DJ Bean made the comment, "Belichick might have the 10th pick, but if there's a Linebacker from Alabama available, you know he won't take the Quarterback." That took a lot of wind out of the sails of the discussion. Tom Curran said that he wouldn't be surpruised if BB tried to get Garappolo back from the 49ers. That started another bru-ha because JG has been hurt.

My take on it was that BB will get a vet and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. The group of Curran, Bean, Giles and perry were pretty much in agreement that Hoyer and Stidham are gone and that BB won't pay Cam $15-$20M

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great argument on Boston Sports Tonight Thursday night. If the Patriots continue to play in the same manner as they have so far this year, it appears that they will finish 5-11 or 6-10. They could very well be in the top ten in the draft. The commentators were discussing the fact that 2021 will be a QB rich draft. The first argument was that BB does not like taking a QB that will become successful and walk away in year 6 or demand a King's ransom like Mahomes. He wants a QB that will manage the team and be paid fairly. DJ Bean made the comment, "Belichick might have the 10th pick, but if there's a Linebacker from Alabama available, you know he won't take the Quarterback." That took a lot of wind out of the sails of the discussion. Tom Curran said that he wouldn't be surpruised if BB tried to get Garappolo back from the 49ers. That started another bru-ha because JG has been hurt.

My take on it was that BB will get a vet and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. The group of Curran, Bean, Giles and perry were pretty much in agreement that Hoyer and Stidham are gone and that BB won't pay Cam $15-$20M
Sounds like a lotta hot air trying to sell ad time.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots have been fined $350K for COVID-19 rules violations stemming back to their outbreak in October.​

Rapoport didn't say what the exact violations were but we know they are related to their outbreak in October that sidelined Cam Newton and pushed their Week 4 game versus the Chiefs back a few days. The NFL has fined every team that has violated the rules and stripped a late-round pick away from all second-offenders. The Patriots have been mostly free of positive tests since their October incident so it seems like they may have fallen in line after their lone outbreak.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at ALL THE QB’s drafted from 2000 until 2020, it is so rare to find a quality QB not drafted in the first round. The only legitimate QB’s playing right now not drafted in the first round are Wilson and Prescot. That is it. Basically, if you don’t select a QB that’s graded out as a 1st rounder you are going to get a QB. Foles...Cousins and Fitzpatrick are serviceable. But they are not QB’s I’d want . And even if we did draft a starting quality QB in the later rounds, once the contract is up he will still demand a lot of money. I feel if we can get a QB with our first pick, we need to. Wilson...Lance...Trask or at the latest maybe Mac Jones from Alabama in the second.

10755C28-B970-46A5-B402-ADC759E337C0.jpeg

9964BD74-CBEF-4FCA-85A1-25C9BB194294.jpeg

2536B37B-BF5C-4AEB-8BCA-9A88E5BDD54B.jpeg

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at ALL THE QB’s drafted from 2000 until 2020, it is so rare to find a quality QB not drafted in the first round. The only legitimate QB’s playing right now not drafted in the first round are Wilson and Prescot. That is it. Basically, if you don’t select a QB that’s graded out as a 1st rounder you are going to get a QB. Foles...Cousins and Fitzpatrick are serviceable. But they are not QB’s I’d want . And even if we did draft a starting quality QB in the later rounds, once the contract is up he will still demand a lot of money. I feel if we can get a QB with our first pick, we need to. Wilson...Lance...Trask or at the latest maybe Mac Jones from Alabama in the second.

View attachment 259417

View attachment 259418

View attachment 259419
Doesn't Tampa have a QB not drafted in the first round who could be considered legitimate? I could be wrong given I can't even remember his name.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Tampa have a QB not drafted in the first round who could be considered legitimate? I could be wrong given I can't even remember his name.

I don’t talk about him. And I think his story is kind of known.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t talk about him. And I think his story is kind of known.

TB is in danger of not making the playoffs with an all star cast of players. It'll be a much bigger story if the Bucs don't make the playoffs than the Pats and the finger pointing will be epic.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Tom was here, I loved him. The only jersey I’ve ever owned was his. But now that he’s on another team I will root against him. I look at it like this. I was married to my first wife for 13 years. I don’t hate her. But I certainly don’t want her dating a better looking guy or one with a monster dong. I want her to be miserable and suffer some.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Tom was here, I loved him. The only jersey I’ve ever owned was his. But now that he’s on another team I will root against him. I look at it like this. I was married to my first wife for 13 years. I don’t hate her. But I certainly don’t want her dating a better looking guy or one with a monster dong. I want her to be miserable and suffer some.
What if your wife won the lottery the day before you split and you parted ways with $10 million in your pocket? Would you harbor the same feelings? Brady left us after giving more than any athlete not named Bill Russell, and given the competitive comparison of the 60's NBA vs the 2000's & 2010's NFL, I'd say he pretty much equaled him.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if your wife won the lottery the day before you split and you parted ways with $10 million in your pocket? Would you harbor the same feelings? Brady left us after giving more than any athlete not named Bill Russell, and given the competitive comparison of the 60's NBA vs the 2000's & 2010's NFL, I'd say he pretty much equaled him.

Yep. I’d hope she blow it all on male strippers and bad investments.

I really didn’t know how I’d feel about Brady. But I really feel enjoyment when the Bucs lose and he’s throwing INT’s.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, If I remember correctly, he's a cheater.
I think his last team was hurt substantially by his cheating too.
I'll have to look it up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep great kettle if you get a Slow n Sear you can do a large brisket on that with relative ease. But I also have stick burner i usually use for that.
Exactly.
I can only do smaller briskets right now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn’t know how I’d feel about Brady. But I really feel enjoyment when the Bucs lose and he’s throwing INT’s.
The bad feelings in TB are starting to leak out. Brady apparently said at the start of the 2nd quarter yesterday, "F*ck BA football. I'm play TB footbsll starting now." Arians threw him under the bus again saying his 43 year old arm can't play downfield football. Brady tried to throw a 45 yard pass to Anthony Miller in the end zone for his last INT. With Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk and Jones, what the hell is doing throwing a dinger to Miller? That's just bad decision making on TB's behalf. He's now thrown 14 INTs and 28 TDs. On Pace to break his own all time INT annual record.

Schefter said that for 20 years Brady made average WRs look great because they were willing to sacrifice anything, including themselves to win. Now TB has a stable full of the finest racehorses and he having a horrible time finding the finishing line.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julian Edelman has been placed on the IR-Covid-19 List.

He could have been activated Sunday but wasn't. Don't know if he has symptoms or was exposed to a high risk situation. If he can have two negative tests in 24+ hours, he's off. And if his knee is healed enough.

The Steelers and Ravens have been moved to Wednesday. lamar jackson was tossing the ball in the video I saw on Early Edition (NBCSports Boston) tonight.

Just an FYI

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The top5 Free Agents come March 2021.

Even if the Cap is allowed to stay at the present $198.5M, there isn't going to be many teams out there with a load of extra cash.
Fortunately, BB will have a vault full and can pick and choose.