• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Houston would do a straight up swap of Harden for Simmons....

Well they could take draft picks but that is a far riskier approach.

I don't see any team offering any package that would be as enticing as a straight Simmons for Harden swap. But if the Rockets decide to move on from Harden, what other packages could they get that would be better than getting a 24 year old All-NBA player?

To be clear I don't want this trade. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he's not a finisher in the playoffs. I would rather hope that Simmons develops some sort of jumper than bring in Harden and hope that he meshes and doesn't leave in a year or two because the "chemistry" isn't right.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the NBA season is starting. It just ended...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see any team offering any package that would be as enticing as a straight Simmons for Harden swap. But if the Rockets decide to move on from Harden, what other packages could they get that would be better than getting a 24 year old All-NBA player?

To be clear I don't want this trade. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he's not a finisher in the playoffs. I would rather hope that Simmons develops some sort of jumper than bring in Harden and hope that he meshes and doesn't leave in a year or two because the "chemistry" isn't right.

Yeah, I don’t think Philly should trade for Harden.

They need to give Simmons/Embiid a chance with a coach who isn’t Brett Brown.

They have added shooting and upgraded the bench. Hopefully a new offensive scheme can unlock the Simmons/Embiid duo.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the NBA season is starting. It just ended...
That's exactly how I felt and the NBA draft was just a few weeks ago no summer league or anything. I guess they are pushing the start date sooner rather than later then get back on the normal schedule prior to COVID.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly offered Simmons in a deal for Harden, Houston should be finding all means to get that done. To go from an aging player commanding 50 million a year to a 24 year old that is an already established all star is a great deal. I personally feel that Simmons is overrated and will be nothing more than a really good player because of his inability to shoot 3s but that is as good as its going to get for the Rockets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly offered Simmons in a deal for Harden, Houston should be finding all means to get that done. To go from an aging player commanding 50 million a year to a 24 year old that is an already established all star is a great deal. I personally feel that Simmons is overrated and will be nothing more than a really good player because of his inability to shoot 3s but that is as good as its going to get for the Rockets.

Agree 100%

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don’t think Philly should trade for Harden.

They need to give Simmons/Embiid a chance with a coach who isn’t Brett Brown.

They have added shooting and upgraded the bench. Hopefully a new offensive scheme can unlock the Simmons/Embiid duo.

I agree. The media has wildly overblownn the "Embiid and Simmons can't play together" crap. Their net rating on the court has varied from good to outstanding. There is an issue in the playoffs of neither player being a go to scorer in crunch time and that's where Simmons really needs to develop a functioning jump shot AND more aggressiveness.

Harden is an incredible offensive talent. A 1st ballot Hall of Famer for sure. And he might be a better fit with Embiid. But he is a huge question mark when it comes to playoff finishing as well.

If the Sixers were able to make a trade with the Rockets that DIDN'T involve Simmons or Embiid, I would be on board with that. Give up a bunch of draft picks plus Harris plus some of the guys. And from the reports I've heard, that is what the Sixers are willing to do. They supposedly are NOT interested in trading either of the 2 big guys.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden plus Embiid andcHarris and the shooters they have in Curry and Green means they would come out of the EC IMO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The media has wildly overblownn the "Embiid and Simmons can't play together" crap. Their net rating on the court has varied from good to outstanding. There is an issue in the playoffs of neither player being a go to scorer in crunch time and that's where Simmons really needs to develop a functioning jump shot AND more aggressiveness.

Harden is an incredible offensive talent. A 1st ballot Hall of Famer for sure. And he might be a better fit with Embiid. But he is a huge question mark when it comes to playoff finishing as well.

If the Sixers were able to make a trade with the Rockets that DIDN'T involve Simmons or Embiid, I would be on board with that. Give up a bunch of draft picks plus Harris plus some of the guys. And from the reports I've heard, that is what the Sixers are willing to do. They supposedly are NOT interested in trading either of the 2 big guys.
Harris and draft picks would be a great trade but I don't think Houston falls for that. I think they would want Simmons..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris and draft picks would be a great trade but I don't think Houston falls for that. I think they would want Simmons..

I'm sure they want Simmons. Simmons is the only plausible option that would make the Harden trade palatable for the Rockets.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden plus Embiid andcHarris and the shooters they have in Curry and Green means they would come out of the EC IMO.
They would be able to run out a lineup where every player can hit the 3....talk about spacing and stretching the floor.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if a team would package 5 unprotected 1st round draft picks would be pretty enticing. Like what the Clippers put together for Paul George to the Thunder which was crazy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City of Angels, MSG. And it's not the Clippers.

Or Forest Lawn.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if a team would package 5 unprotected 1st round draft picks would be pretty enticing. Like what the Clippers put together for Paul George to the Thunder which was crazy.
They did that more so he wouldn't go to the Lakers.

Fucking nuts.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did that more so he wouldn't go to the Lakers.

Fucking nuts.
and they won the chip anyway and the Clippers got beat because George didn't show up what a huge L