• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 WR Room

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR group might not carry the name recognition on a national level, but has the potential with Ben back to be one of the better units in the AFC.

Roster locks
  • Juju Smith-Schuster
  • James Washington
  • Diontae Johnson
  • Chase Claypool
Roster probables
  • Ryan Switzer
Roster hopefuls
  • Deon Cain
PS hopefuls/Camp bodies
  • Anthony Johnson
  • Amara Darboh
  • Saeed Blacknall
The thinking is if they go with 5 on the 52/53? It will be down to Switzer and Cain.

2020 Offseason Questions: How Much Is Ryan Switzer's Job Tied To Relationship With Big Ben? - Steelers Depot

Does Cain have a shot really if the number is 5?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain has an uphill battle. Anyone who wants to unseat Switzer needs to really blow the staff away and make the choice unavoidable.

Ryan smartly became best buds with Ben, which gave him a significant aura of protection.

I do like our top 4 guys quite a lot. That's a very nice squad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain has an uphill battle. Anyone who wants to unseat Switzer needs to really blow the staff away and make the choice unavoidable.

Ryan smartly became best buds with Ben, which gave him a significant aura of protection.

I do like our top 4 guys quite a lot. That's a very nice squad.

In his 1st year, Switzer endeared himself to the staff by quickly learning the playbook and being an effective outlet for Ben....no Ben LY hurt Switzer maybe more than any other WR aside from Juju. The reality is...he knows how to get open (especially vs zone), he's a fairly reliable catcher, but he has some limitations with the ball in his hands.

The headcount # could go to 6...if not Cain has to excel early at something to make it.

It may not matter much except on ST because Idk how many targets the WR5 is going to get this season...Ebron is likely to get more targets than any TE2 in recent memory. Couple that with McDonald/Conner/McFarland and the top 4 WRs...imo those 8 guys will get most of the targets this yr.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his 1st year, Switzer endeared himself to the staff by quickly learning the playbook and being an effective outlet for Ben....no Ben LY hurt Switzer maybe more than any other WR aside from Juju. The reality is...he knows how to get open (especially vs zone), he's a fairly reliable catcher, but he has some limitations with the ball in his hands.

The headcount # could go to 6...if not Cain has to excel early at something to make it.

It may not matter much except on ST because Idk how many targets the WR5 is going to get this season...Ebron is likely to get more targets than any TE2 in recent memory. Couple that with McDonald/Conner/McFarland and the top 4 WRs...imo those 8 guys will get most of the targets this yr.
I know I'm a broken record on this, but Samuels is a TE/Halfback hybrid. And I think he's going to be a significant weapon for Ben.

He's a James White type guy, and should be getting the gameplan that Ben has wanted to force to Switzer. Just need Switz to stay off the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a broken record on this, but Samuels is a TE/Halfback hybrid. And I think he's going to be a significant weapon for Ben.

He's a James White type guy, and should be getting the gameplan that Ben has wanted to force to Switzer. Just need Switz to stay off the field.

LOL...you have been higher on Samuels than most, but I do agree on his usage...I still have Samuels making it even if it's as TE4 but yes, he's a hybrid....that's 9 legit targets for Ben...making my point even stronger...hard to see the WR5 getting a lot of action barring injury.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...you have been higher on Samuels than most, but I do agree on his usage...I still have Samuels making it even if it's as TE4 but yes, he's a hybrid....that's 9 legit targets for Ben...making my point even stronger...hard to see the WR5 getting a lot of action barring injury.
Absolutely loaded with receiving options. And Conner is a very good pass catcher himself. The team is well situated to survive injuries along that front.
I think Ben is going to have a very good year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it could be loaded. I would even say I expect it to be loaded. I have some concern that there's nothing in the cupboard that doesn't come with question marks.

Cain needs to make this roster.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they wouldn't go with 6 WRs... Claypool's speed will likely endear himself to Danny Smith's gunner group. If they go 5 and Switzer makes the team then I'll shit a brick.

JuJu
DJ
Washington
Claypool
Switzer
Cain

The only player I see challenging Cain for that 6th spot is Blacknall. Although I think Darboh has a great amount of intrigue. Former 3rd Rd pick out of Michigan. Not sure how he fits, but there's no denying his talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they wouldn't go with 6 WRs... Claypool's speed will likely endear himself to Danny Smith's gunner group. If they go 5 and Switzer makes the team then I'll shit a brick.

JuJu
DJ
Washington
Claypool
Switzer
Cain

The only player I see challenging Cain for that 6th spot is Blacknall. Although I think Darboh has a great amount of intrigue. Former 3rd Rd pick out of Michigan. Not sure how he fits, but there's no denying his talent.

I agree 5 w/ Switzer is a shortcoming waiting to happen. 6 w/ Switzer...I think most can live with.

Will keep an eye on Blacknall and Darboh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46d73c3cc50fa32e0e1d8c2a38007477.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was thinking this was Ryan Shazier making a joke.

But then I reread it and realized that it was Switz, and you know what, I think it would be more believable if it was Shazbot saying it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was thinking this was Ryan Shazier making a joke.

But then I reread it and realized that it was Switz, and you know what, I think it would be more believable if it was Shazbot saying it.
im dumbfounded.......

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unusual for the Steelers to carry 6 WRs so I'd bet they carry Switzer because Ben likes him. But I'll be pissed if they keep five and it's at the expense of Deon Cain.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unusual for the Steelers to carry 6 WRs so I'd bet they carry Switzer because Ben likes him. But I'll be pissed if they keep five and it's at the expense of Deon Cain.
meh, the ravaged colts, with no wr's let cain walk, that scares me

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, the ravaged colts, with no wr's let cain walk, that scares me
He's an interesting one. Has talent but never been able to put it all together when it counts. I'll take his limited deep play catches/PIs drawn over Switzer's minuscule YAC, but I'm not married to keeping him if one of these former XFL guys they signed show something, too.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool just continues to impress every day in camp... Good things coming

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool looks almost effortless with his acceleration off the LOS... Then simply glides. Reminds me of Martavis Bryant.