• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Denver Broncos Draft Class

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall the draft was a success. I like that they stay put and did get some starters .

I like our last pick the best yep I like pass rush.

IMO Pass rush is king! I would have added a MLB'er that can pass rush a long time ago.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
181 G Netane Muti, Fresno State needs to lose a lot of weight I don't get the pick he is to heavy for his body parts.

This is the guy that intrigues me. He's a wrecking ball. Ridiculously strong and aggressive as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both steals if they stay healthy.

Guys who were top 3 round picks going into this season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy that intrigues me. He's a wrecking ball. Ridiculously strong and aggressive as well.

I like him but some of that weight needs to come off . IMO it is why he is hurting himself if you get 10 pounds of fat off and get him in shape, yeah you might have something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has pretty short arms, probably needs to lose a few lbs and stay healthy.

He has an odd body that is for sure.

At worst he is probably Manny Ramirez who was decent for us after having a rough start to his career. Well at least decent until the super bowl snap over into the end zone. ;)

Not calling Muti a center but Ramirez came out as an OG, was referring to similar strength and intangibles.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but some of that weight needs to come off . IMO it is why he is hurting himself if you get 10 pounds of fat off and get him in shape, yeah you might have something.

We have time. I wonder how many O-Line we'll have on the active roster. On game day you need at least seven. The starting five and then a Swing Tackle and an extra inside guy. Maybe Muti can't be that extra inside guy right away but I think he can make the active roster without a problem. That might be better for him anyway. And if the numbers don't work out he can have some complications and go on IR.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at highlights on Justin Strnad anyone think he has a good chance at making a splash on the depth chart at ILB? Guy seems to be a good tackler with good pass coverage skills.

He's faster than Todd Davis and Josey Jewel and just about the same as Johnson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at highlights on Justin Strnad anyone think he has a good chance at making a splash on the depth chart at ILB? Guy seems to be a good tackler with good pass coverage skills.

He was a very underrated pick for the Broncos. Was only available at that point because of some medical concerns. His 2018 tape was showing a guy with huge upside at the LB position and really fits the modern day NFL for the LB spot. Not the fastest guy in the world but showed great instincts in coverage. Really he is what the Broncos needed for the LB group. If healthy he should find his way onto the field in obvious passing situations.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes- He has a chance.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure Todd Davis is a near 4.5 guy - so Strnad is certainly slower.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is that Strnad will be similar to Hollins last year. He won’t start off with a big role, special teams who will see more reps as the season goes on. I think he can certainly play at the NFL level and is in a great situation to develop.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollins take a big step forward? It will be interesting to see how last years draft progresses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy and Agim are the best Broncos picks imo. Jeudy is probably the best pick in the AFC West. In a normal draft, I think he would go somewhere between pick 5 and pick 10. Raiders are trying to chase the next Tyreek Hill but Jeudy was the guy at Alabama.

One of the reasons I'm excited about Clyde Edwards Helaire is that he has fantastic footwork. The WR equivalent in this draft is Jeudy and in today's NFL the WR primes seem to last twice as long as the RBs.

Reading draft rankings, people who like Jeudy rarely liked Hamler and some of the people who liked Hamler didn't like Jeudy. I certainly don't think its a scenario where one will bust and the other will struggle but I do think its a scenario where one becomes a staple of the Broncos and the other just makes some plays on his rookie contract and moves on. Its hard to fault the Broncos for trying to have redundancy in speed. The Broncos upside is building something like the Chiefs. The Raiders upside is building something like the Chiefs when we had Alex Smith.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy and Agim are the best Broncos picks imo. Jeudy is probably the best pick in the AFC West. In a normal draft, I think he would go somewhere between pick 5 and pick 10. Raiders are trying to chase the next Tyreek Hill but Jeudy was the guy at Alabama.

One of the reasons I'm excited about Clyde Edwards Helaire is that he has fantastic footwork. The WR equivalent in this draft is Jeudy and in today's NFL the WR primes seem to last twice as long as the RBs.

Reading draft rankings, people who like Jeudy rarely liked Hamler and some of the people who liked Hamler didn't like Jeudy. I certainly don't think its a scenario where one will bust and the other will struggle but I do think its a scenario where one becomes a staple of the Broncos and the other just makes some plays on his rookie contract and moves on. Its hard to fault the Broncos for trying to have redundancy in speed. The Broncos upside is building something like the Chiefs. The Raiders upside is building something like the Chiefs when we had Alex Smith.

funny I wanted Willie Gay in the 3rd but given his character concerns pegged him as a perfect KC pick. Super athletic and questionable off field issues.

I now hope finally one of these picks do not work out for KC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny I wanted Willie Gay in the 3rd but given his character concerns pegged him as a perfect KC pick. Super athletic and questionable off field issues.

I now hope finally one of these picks do not work out for KC.
FWIW, my draft grades on the Chiefs players were B+ for CEH, C+ for Gay Jr, and A- for Niang. Willie Gay does have the off-the-field issues but he also fits the 'raw, super athletic' mold that the Chiefs like to target in rd2. (Hardman, Kpassagnon, etc) He simply hasn't been on the football field that much to think that he is just going to come in and have starter responsibilities right away. Its a big need on the Chiefs so maybe he sees some limited play time but I'm not sure he should see the field until 2021.

His upside is right up there with Queen imo. Just a way higher bust potential.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay is a first round talent.. I feel like the Chiefs while needing to fix some holes do have the luxury of taking a guy like Willie Gay in Round 2 because they are a Super Bowl contending team. Everytime I watched Mississippi State (when Gay was on the field) he, Cameron Dantzler, Jonathan Abrahm, Jeffrey Simmons and Montez Sweat showed out... That Miss State 2018 defense is pretty unreal when you think about it... Talk about a fast, explosive, hard hitting defense. Willie Gay was probably the best defensive player for Mississippi State when they played Iowa in the bowl game, and that is saying a lot because they had all the above guys on the field that day!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Todd Davis is a near 4.5 guy - so Strnad is certainly slower.

According to this he ran a 4.92 and there are reports of his Pro day online where he ran a 4.87 so Strnad is definitely faster.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this he ran a 4.92 and there are reports of his Pro day online where he ran a 4.87 so Strnad is definitely faster.

Nice factiod. I believe he is faster, but I don't see a lower number - so you are correct.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should have someone different start the "2021 NFL Draft Discussion" Thread... I have started it the last 3 years or so, be nice to see someone different's name at the top of the thread list when it picks up... Maybe @Orange Crush77 or @listopencil