• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't say whether the Canadien teams would relocate to arenas in the US or will they just not play at all? Ixd have to asasume they would look for arenas in the US but that wont be easy this close to the start of the season
It's fubar to begin with. Playing like 6 teams all season and then what happens? How do you do playoffs if you can't travel to the states begin with? They should relocated before season started and remained in their respective divisions. Just my 2 cents.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fubar to begin with. Playing like 6 teams all season and then what happens? How do you do playoffs if you can't travel to the states begin with? They should relocated before season started and remained in their respective divisions. Just my 2 cents.
This Canadien thing does throw a wrench into the seasons plans. Although i need hockey and want to see the Flyers play even if its against 6 teams. Maybe they do a playoff bubble again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Canadien thing does throw a wrench into the seasons plans. Although i need hockey and want to see the Flyers play even if its against 6 teams. Maybe they do a playoff bubble again.
I want to see some hockey too, just weird how you gauge 5-6 teams in one small league division?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially voted on over the weekend! Hockey January 13th!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current 2021 Cup Odds
Colorado Avalanche+75015/2
Tampa Bay Lightning+8008/1
Vegas Golden Knights+9009/1
Boston Bruins+140014/1
Philadelphia Flyers+150015/1
Toronto Maple Leafs+160016/1
St. Louis Blues+190019/1
Washington Capitals+190019/1
Carolina Hurricanes+200020/1
Pittsburgh Penguins+220022/1

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is by far and wide the stupidest format I have ever seen for pro sports! This is some pee wee school yard stuff. Playing your division all season sucks! Another tainted season down the drain, another year wasted on aging top talent, oh well at least by the summer we can hopefully trade or buy someone and get our defense straightened out then.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is by far and wide the stupidest format I have ever seen for pro sports! This is some pee wee school yard stuff. Playing your division all season sucks! Another tainted season down the drain, another year wasted on aging top talent, oh well at least by the summer we can hopefully trade or buy someone and get our defense straightened out then.

I actually kind of like it :noidea:

8 games against the Pens, Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Caps. The Isles and Sabres games might be a little meh, but still. It's basically a rivalry game every game. What's not to like about that? Especially if they schedule like it was discussed as a possibility with a mini-series against the same team. The hate is going to boil over constantly. And they're playing to get 4 playoff spots, all against each other. Then they play 2 rounds of the playoffs against those same teams too. It's going to be a war among rivals for 6 months. These guys are going to despise each other by playoff time. It's going to be awesome.

The other divisions aren't as fun, but the East should be a blast IMO. Not much they can do with the Canada division, but that will be super fun for Canadians I would imagine.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 games against the Pens, Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Caps. The Isles and Sabres games might be a little meh, but still. It's basically a rivalry game every game. What's not to like about that? Especially if they schedule like it was discussed as a possibility with a mini-series against the same team. The hate is going to boil over constantly. And they're playing to get 4 playoff spots, all against each other. Then they play 2 rounds of the playoffs against those same teams too. It's going to be a war among rivals for 6 months. These guys are going to despise each other by playoff time. It's going to be awesome.

The other divisions aren't as fun, but the East should be a blast IMO. Not much they can do with the Canada division, but that will be super fun for Canadians I would imagine.
You say all that now until you have an idiot like Tom Wilson targeting your stars for 4 games in a row. Sorry it just isn't a hockey season, its a continuous round Robin tournament. I like to see other talent and teams and how we stack up against them, this is just a filler season to me.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say all that now until you have an idiot like Tom Wilson targeting your stars for 4 games in a row. Sorry it just isn't a hockey season, its a continuous round Robin tournament. I like to see other talent and teams and how we stack up against them, this is just a filler season to me.

Everyone loves playoff hockey because you build up as much hate for the other team as you have love for your team. I see this as an extension of that. If it means I hate Tom Wilson with everyone ounce of my being, sweet. I'll clamor for them to dress Morin for a game just to cave his face in. Won't be the same intensity as the playoffs obviously, but it's closer than a normal regular season. One-off games against the Kings doesn't do a lot for me. Any hockey team can win any single game. Goalie could get hot, could get a fluke goal here or there. It's too small of a sample to really measure up to anyone. Plus you have games like the Kings example, who cares about that game? Especially @ LA. Game starts at 10pm EST, the Kings suck. Who cares about that game, other than to get pissed if the Flyers lose a game they should win?

It will stink not seeing some of the other talent in the league. No games against MacKinnon or McDavid etc. But I think the hatred of the other teams will more than over come that loss. But, JMO.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone loves playoff hockey because you build up as much hate for the other team as you have love for your team. I see this as an extension of that. If it means I hate Tom Wilson with everyone ounce of my being, sweet. I'll clamor for them to dress Morin for a game just to cave his face in. Won't be the same intensity as the playoffs obviously, but it's closer than a normal regular season. One-off games against the Kings doesn't do a lot for me. Any hockey team can win any single game. Goalie could get hot, could get a fluke goal here or there. It's too small of a sample to really measure up to anyone. Plus you have games like the Kings example, who cares about that game? Especially @ LA. Game starts at 10pm EST, the Kings suck. Who cares about that game, other than to get pissed if the Flyers lose a game they should win?

It will stink not seeing some of the other talent in the league. No games against MacKinnon or McDavid etc. But I think the hatred of the other teams will more than over come that loss. But, JMO.
Didn’t consider that all Flyers games will be Eastern Time Zone. For an old guy like me, that means 56 games before bedtime. Not a full season of viewing, but not like losing a full 26 games when accounting for Mountain and Pacific start times.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill agree i love the teams playing each other every day which will lead to rivalries going wild. Heavy hitting fighting and so on. Making the playoff and surviving tough series all year long does pay its price when entering the playoffs.. My prediction is anyone in the east who has it tough all year long will fizzle out in the playoffs. It will be a good regular season though

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree i love the teams playing each other every day which will lead to rivalries going wild. Heavy hitting fighting and so on. Making the playoff and surviving tough series all year long does pay its price when entering the playoffs.. My prediction is anyone in the east who has it tough all year long will fizzle out in the playoffs. It will be a good regular season though
Yep, and teams saw our defense be exposed last playoffs, we didn't do anything to address that and we lost Nisky, and this is probably going to be the most physical division. That's why you need those cream puff games incase guys gotta heal some.