• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NFL Coaches Dead Pool

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Dog Master Xtreme, "b***h, please." Dude's seat isn't even approaching warm after just 6 games, especially when it looks like his defense is really starting to gel.

We'll see soon enough on Thursday.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Fangio isn't getting fired. If this was year 2 or 3, maybe but the Broncos are in games and nobody really expected them to be a contender. Just imo, mind you. Elway might fire him just to try and deflect blame.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current top contenders:

Dan Quinn
Doug Pederson

DQ is a dead man walking at this point. He's starting to sound dumbfounded in his pressers...I think he finishes the season because that's how Arthur Blank rolls, but Quinn is as good as gone....Falcons would have to run the table and go like 10-6 or 9-7 to save his job...they currently sit at 1-6.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DQ is a dead man walking at this point. He's starting to sound dumbfounded in his pressers...I think he finishes the season because that's how Arthur Blank rolls, but Quinn is as good as gone....Falcons would have to run the table and go like 10-6 or 9-7 to save his job...they currently sit at 1-6.

Easily gone... He has the 3rd worst point differential in the league... All that money that have into their offense, they're ranked 17th in the league right now... That should definitely not be the case w/ all that talent on their offense... Also, Quinn is a defensive coach and his defense is ranked dead last in the league... There is really no rhyme or reason he should keep his job...

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually wait until after the 4th game to start this, but outstanding incompetent performances have demanded that I start this early.

Right now, I see 4 coaches that are toast:

Jay Gruden, Redskins
Doug Marrone, Jaguars
Dan Quinn, Falcons
Mike Tomlin, Steelers (This would be a surprise)

Discuss.

Mike Tomlin will....and understand this: NEVER BE FIRED!

You think the Colin Kaepernick thing was bad, firing Mike Tomlin would lead to a NFL players' strike.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily gone... He has the 3rd worst point differential in the league... All that money that have into their offense, they're ranked 17th in the league right now... That should definitely not be the case w/ all that talent on their offense... Also, Quinn is a defensive coach and his defense is ranked dead last in the league... There is really no rhyme or reason he should keep his job...

Personally I think I Quinn and Dimitroff should leave as a tandem.

It all falls back on Quinn, but imo the OFC looks great on paper because of the skill position players. The OL has not been good really since '12. The numbers Matt Ryan put up LY was amazing considering how often he was under duress, sacked or hit.

Talent...the Falcons have a lot of money tied up in mediocre players...Trufant is a good CB, they're paying him like a shutdown CB...should be making maybe 60% of his cap hit. Vic Beasley has been a total waste of the 5th yr option (Quinn's decision to keep him) Sanu...another good player, but making far too much to be the WR3 which he really his on this team. Freeman is a solid piece, but again making too much for an oft injured feature RB.

They paid a lot of players way too much money.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tomlin will....and understand this: NEVER BE FIRED!

You think the Colin Kaepernick thing was bad, firing Mike Tomlin would lead to a NFL players' strike.

Hardly...lol

You're right that he won't be fired though...Steeler MO is not to renew your contract....as it stands he just signed a 1 yr extension taking him thru the '21 season...ironically Ben's extension also runs thru '21.

If WAS wants to pay him a boat load of money and throw PIT a pick, maybe they can get him out of PIT, but I don't see him being unemployed anytime soon.

As much as I personally think Tomlin has run his course in PIT, if he were let go in PIT, there are too many bad franchises out there for him to stay unemployed very long.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think I Quinn and Dimitroff should leave as a tandem.

It all falls back on Quinn, but imo the OFC looks great on paper because of the skill position players. The OL has not been good really since '12. The numbers Matt Ryan put up LY was amazing considering how often he was under duress, sacked or hit.

Talent...the Falcons have a lot of money tied up in mediocre players...Trufant is a good CB, they're paying him like a shutdown CB...should be making maybe 60% of his cap hit. Vic Beasley has been a total waste of the 5th yr option (Quinn's decision to keep him) Sanu...another good player, but making far too much to be the WR3 which he really his on this team. Freeman is a solid piece, but again making too much for an oft injured feature RB.

They paid a lot of players way too much money.

I was never a big Quinn guy. He did have some success early on although for being a defensive guy his defenses in Atlanta were never very good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he's fired, I hope he comes back to Seattle as our DC...

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is done. I also don't see Marrone getting to next year either.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Doug Peterson fired this close to having won a super bowl regardless of the record is at the end of the season. Quinn is very likely. Been there long enough and the team is slipping under his watch. Don't see Fangio getting fired after just one season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Quinn guy. He did have some success early on although for being a defensive guy his defenses in Atlanta were never very good.

His 2017 Falcon DEF (8th overall) was the best he had since he's been here. The problem in 2018, FS, SS, MLB, CB among others on OFC all were lost for the season.

Well, they got them all back this season...it was short lived as Keanu Neal, SS went down again for the season in week 3. IDT they can even use his loss an excuse, because they mostly sucked even with him on DEF.

Bottom line...Quinn tried to rebuild the SEA model here, and he got pretty close hitting with several DEF draft picks, but he never got the right edge players and with no QB pressure you can't stop any decent QB in this league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he's fired, I hope he comes back to Seattle as our DC...

If you keep the edge guys you have...yeah, I can see it, but remember you no longer have those pro bowl safeties to clean up mistakes...that cover 3 or whatever he runs has to have some good players on the edge.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is done. I also don't see Marrone getting to next year either.
Problem here is. Foles will come back. The Jags will make a run get a wild card or close enough & Big Nick saves another coach. Dont think Marrone loses his job unless the Jags pack it in.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn will be the Eagles next DC. Schwartz will be history once the Eagles miss the playoffs. We will need a new OC as well. Groh ain't cutting it. Doug is definitely safe although I think it was Frank Reich who was the true master behind the scenes with the explosive offense two years ago. Just my opinion.