• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wants to stay and eventually retire as a Rangers but he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process that might take 2, 3 or 4 years to carry out. This seems to be the plan so i would allow him to find a team that would be a competitor for a WS ring and trade him for whatever we can get.
That is exactly why JD needs to address this first thing.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashner is not under contract and I don't think they offer more than the tender and then hedge bets with at best a 2 year offer. No guarantees at SP other than Perez and Hamels.
I doubt we even offer the tender

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly why JD needs to address this first thing.
I don't think JD is going to do anything in the off-season that will satisfy Beltre's longing for him to continue with a competing Texas Rangers team in 2018 and that JD will allow Beltre and his agent to find a trade partner that will compete. I think plan A is go after Otani and even if that happens or fails the rest of the off-season will be the pursue of low level fa's to fill the hol

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with "trading Beltre to a contender" is that A) the contender has to want/need him, and B) there is no guarantee that contending on paper means contending for real.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think JD is going to do anything in the off-season that will satisfy Beltre's longing for him to continue with a competing Texas Rangers team in 2018 and that JD will allow Beltre and his agent to find a trade partner that will compete. I think plan A is go after Otani and even if that happens or fails the rest of the off-season will be the pursue of low level fa's to fill the hol
JD doesn't need to do anything except ask Adrian what he wants to do like 1. play full time 2. Play PT and DH 3. DH only 4. Retire 5. Be traded. Until this issue is settled firm plans and moves will be effected. Example: If he chooses to play full time, Gallo plays first and Guzman stays in AAA. If he wants to DH, someone has to go back down or be traded. Lot of options to be considered and JD needs to know asap so he can get on with business.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with "trading Beltre to a contender" is that A) the contender has to want/need him, and B) there is no guarantee that contending on paper means contending for real.

Perhaps a trade of Beltre is something more likely to entertain at ASB. A lot of offseason ahead of us

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we even offer the tender

Although the the comp is not as good as in the past, I think we do offer. Not sure what the figure is but likely around 18 million for a one year contract. If he rejects, we have a legit #3 SP. if he does not we can still negotiate.

Why don't you think we offer, money too high?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but we could make the offer after he rejects.

What? Or do you mean we "could" offer him after he rejects? Keep in mind, we do get a draft pick if he rejects it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Beltre to stay and be given an extention by next April. I think at some point we will be paying a "retired" Beltre for a part or a whole season kind of like we are paying Prince now. In other words his contract will outlast him by several months if not a whole season at some point in the future.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting.

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella, who oversaw the construction of baseball's top-rated farm system, was forced to resign Monday after an investigation by Major League Baseball revealed serious rules violations in the international player market.

The Braves announced Coppolella's resignation Monday, citing a "breach of Major League Baseball rules regarding the international player market." Gordon Blakeley, a special assistant to the GM who was the team's international scouting chief, also has resigned.

Coppolella's surprising resignation came just two years and one day after he was promoted to GM and signed a four-year contract. John Hart, the Braves' president of baseball operations, will perform GM duties until the team hires a replacement for Coppolella.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Or do you mean we "could" offer him after he rejects? Keep in mind, we do get a draft pick if he rejects it.

We maybe lowball him before but offer QO and then continue to renegotiate after he rejects. This is my prediction

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Beltre to stay and be given an extention by next April. I think at some point we will be paying a "retired" Beltre for a part or a whole season kind of like we are paying Prince now. In other words his contract will outlast him by several months if not a whole season at some point in the future.
Right on Bennie. That is why his status needs to be addressed right away in order to deal with Gallo Guzman and DH.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting.

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella, who oversaw the construction of baseball's top-rated farm system, was forced to resign Monday after an investigation by Major League Baseball revealed serious rules violations in the international player market.

The Braves announced Coppolella's resignation Monday, citing a "breach of Major League Baseball rules regarding the international player market." Gordon Blakeley, a special assistant to the GM who was the team's international scouting chief, also has resigned.

Coppolella's surprising resignation came just two years and one day after he was promoted to GM and signed a four-year contract. John Hart, the Braves' president of baseball operations, will perform GM duties until the team hires a replacement for Coppolella.

Could lose this guy