• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Harbaugh's fault, if he wasn't so dang demonstrative about it... this is everything to do with other conferences hating the B1G and Harbaugh, that's it. Stupid decision, and a decision that benefits only schools and not student athletes. NCAA really screwed this one up.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In retrospect perhaps this was his agenda all along, um has never nor will ever need any satellite camps to recruit. As it's the offseason he'll soon be revered for standing up to The Man and pushing the envelope, the spin is coming I know it:gaah::puke:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has nothing better to do. Lets try to do swift ruling on cheating/academic fraud. F-ing pussies.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from all the reports i read, this wasn't hurting anyone anyway, if anything it gave more kids more opportunites to go to college.

Urban Meyer had posted that it hurts MAC schools because their coaches would work the OSU camps, thus being able to find players through those camps. When these colleges who voted against satellite camps run a camp, did it really not use coaches from other colleges? just seems like that would be a common practice as your coaching staff can't look after all the kids that are coming in. I guess maybe they have a bunch of GAs do it or something.

in another article it said Michigan got a whopping 2 or maybe it was 3 kids from JM's tour last summer and they were all 3 star guys that your Bama/FL/Auburn's weren't even looking at. sure maybe those schools would have taken those kids if they needed to fill a class, but they didn't have offers.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from all the reports i read, this wasn't hurting anyone anyway, if anything it gave more kids more opportunites to go to college.

Urban Meyer had posted that it hurts MAC schools because their coaches would work the OSU camps, thus being able to find players through those camps. When these colleges who voted against satellite camps run a camp, did it really not use coaches from other colleges? just seems like that would be a common practice as your coaching staff can't look after all the kids that are coming in. I guess maybe they have a bunch of GAs do it or something.

in another article it said Michigan got a whopping 2 or maybe it was 3 kids from JM's tour last summer and they were all 3 star guys that your Bama/FL/Auburn's weren't even looking at. sure maybe those schools would have taken those kids if they needed to fill a class, but they didn't have offers.

Yep, all it does is hurt the chances for a kid like DiCaprio Bootle to get big offers. This helps Sun Belt schools though because they can sweep up these under the radar kids instead of bigger schools ever noticing them. That's why they voted against it.

Also, it was merely the representatives for each conference that voted, if every coach voted I would say only about 10-15 big time coaches would have voted against Satellite camps. How this was handled is beyond shady.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, all it does is hurt the chances for a kid like DiCaprio Bootle to get big offers. This helps Sun Belt schools though because they can sweep up these under the radar kids instead of bigger schools ever noticing them. That's why they voted against it.

Also, it was merely the representatives for each conference that voted, if every coach voted I would say only about 10-15 big time coaches would have voted against Satellite camps. How this was handled is beyond shady.
Most of the PAC, most of the Big 12, and all of the G5 teams that voted against satellite camps voted against their own self-interest. Texas schools and SoCal schools benefitted, but outside of them, nobody else was helped. Even this being a benefit for the Sun Belt is questionable at best. Some Sun Belt schools use satellite camps, and nearly all of them benefit from coaching at P5 camps because they pull in a higher caliber of player and they have the opportunity to have face time with higher rated kids.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a matter of fact, Harbaugh 'pumped and dumped' from those camps, offering guys who ended up committing, only to take that scholarship away and give it to a more talented prospect with very little time for the guy who THOUGHT he had a scholly to look for another school.

Harbaugh is a fucking scumbag. He represents the ugly side of CFB.

I have always disliked Michigan, but I have a feeling I'm gonna start truly hating those motherfuckers soon.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact, Harbaugh 'pumped and dumped' from those camps, offering guys who ended up committing, only to take that scholarship away and give it to a more talented prospect with very little time for the guy who THOUGHT he had a scholly to look for another school.

Harbaugh is a fucking scumbag. He represents the ugly side of CFB.

I have always disliked Michigan, but I have a feeling I'm gonna start truly hating those motherfuckers soon.

I never understand why Huskers hate tOSU more than Michigan..

much like I never understand why Huskers hate Texas more than Oklahoma

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's because the OU NU rivalry was forged so long ago that the stinging losses aren't what we remember. It wasn't one sided and at it's peak it was at a time when Tom Osborne was just figuring out how to beat those sumbitches.

Tom said himself that he built his whole football team around one sole purpose: Beat Oklahoma. So basically we might not have had that success if not for them.

Texas is just a bunch of fucking T-Shirt fans who don't give a shit when the team is bad, but are happy to show up in droves to arrogantly shove it in everyone's face when they're fielding a good team.

I could go on for hours about why I hate Texas and don't hate Oklahoma. I actually root for Oklahoma most times I'm watching a game of theirs.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because the OU NU rivalry was forged so long ago that the stinging losses aren't what we remember. It wasn't one sided and at it's peak it was at a time when Tom Osborne was just figuring out how to beat those sumbitches.

Tom said himself that he built his whole football team around one sole purpose: Beat Oklahoma. So basically we might not have had that success if not for them.

Texas is just a bunch of fucking T-Shirt fans who don't give a shit when the team is bad, but are happy to show up in droves to arrogantly shove it in everyone's face when they're fielding a good team.

I could go on for hours about why I hate Texas and don't hate Oklahoma. I actually root for Oklahoma most times I'm watching a game of theirs.

Oklahoma is a scum program that has cheated their way to prominence and I will never root for them

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, in actual Austin, they are fun as hell to party with on game day

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hate for OU/ut subsided when Switzer and brown left both. Switzer was and still is a pos, brown was just a giant pussy. I'll always root for both losing, unless they're playing michigan or ND, then it's a win whoever loses

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to hate Alabama (the $EC conference) and USC more than I could ever hate UT or OU

BOOMER!!!!!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why I dislike Texas.

I have several friends that are actual Oklahoma fans. Since 1975, we made bets every year on the OU - NU games until they stopped playing them. Even when it was obvious one team was going to get blown out, we still bet heads up for a case of beer and then drank it together.

I know more people in Texas than in Oklahoma, and every one of them that is a Texas fan, have been real turn up your nose I am better than you types.

My father is an Ohio State Alum. I don't harbor any ill will towards any B1G fans or teams yet.

Although some douchebag Michigan fans treated my niece like a piece of shit when she was 14 and at an Ann Arbor game in her Husker gear. Her Aunt and Uncle live in Ann Arbor and the Uncle works for the University of Michigan.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with a BUNCH of Ohio State and Michigan fans and they're all my friends, but they turn into pompous pricks when you start talking football. Sore losers, too. If they lose, they always go on about how they're still a better program.... How we got lucky..... How many championships do you have.... Yada Yada Yada.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added Austin Allen to the list... tons of potential at TE, love his size and athleticism.