• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be pleasantly surprised with improvements Tommy has made though anyways. That recent interview he had he put all the losses on his own shoulders last year and he said he understands the end of the road is here. He can either end his career on a good note, or he can limp out the door.

Kid is a hard worker. He is killing it in the weight room. He wants this next season to be a success.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing about Tommy. They say players make their biggest improvements from year 1 to year 2.

Well this is year 2. The first 2 years were with Pleeny.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be pleasantly surprised with improvements Tommy has made though anyways. That recent interview he had he put all the losses on his own shoulders last year and he said he understands the end of the road is here. He can either end his career on a good note, or he can limp out the door.

Kid is a hard worker. He is killing it in the weight room. He wants this next season to be a success.

I admire your hope in something anyone would say to keep their job and reputation.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of TA. I think the athletic skills he brings to the field makes up for SOME of his mental lapses. If lessons have been learned from the bowl game, I will be confident that he will be just fine this year. I'd love to see POB redshirt. However, should the same issues Tommy had last year show themselves early in the season I'd be fine with turning the reigns over to the true freshman. I think the schedule is such that we should get an idea early on about whether Tommy has made the progress that he needed to make.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh?

Where do you get that?

I was calling for his firing two years before it finally got done.

lulz

I'm not going to do a "Bo Pelini". You know what a "Bo Pelini" is? It is defined in the urban dictionary as an "expletive laced rant expressing outrage on leaving a position you didn't want anyway". Not going to do it.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a big fan of TA. I think the athletic skills he brings to the field makes up for SOME of his mental lapses. If lessons have been learned from the bowl game, I will be confident that he will be just fine this year. I'd love to see POB redshirt. However, should the same issues Tommy had last year show themselves early in the season I'd be fine with turning the reigns over to the true freshman. I think the schedule is such that we should get an idea early on about whether Tommy has made the progress that he needed to make.

A lot of the problem with TA is Riley placing him in a position he shouldn't have been placed in. He's no 40 to 50 pass QB.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the problem with TA is Riley placing him in a position he shouldn't have been placed in. He's no 40 to 50 pass QB.

That would be where the pary about "if lessons are learned," comes in to play.

Also, I think he could be a 40-50 passes per game player if they are the right pass plays AND he makes the right decisions on those plays.
But, why would you want to do that with his ability to run the way he does?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing about Tommy. They say players make their biggest improvements from year 1 to year 2.

Well this is year 2. The first 2 years were with Pleeny.

Hmmm, I am almost buying this year 2 thing under Langsdorf as a good reason. I actually smiled when I read it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admire your hope in something anyone would say to keep their job and reputation.

The work Tommy has put in during the offseason is incredible. It's not often a QB is the strongest guy on your team pound for pound.

I think he's taking it fairly seriously.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be where the pary about "if lessons are learned," comes in to play.

Also, I think he could be a 40-50 passes per game player if they are the right pass plays AND he makes the right decisions on those plays.
But, why would you want to do that with his ability to run the way he does?

Because that is not the offense they intend to run in 2017. They are not going to have a 75/25 run pass ratio this season like they did in the Foster Farms bowl. They actually played to Tommy's strengths in that game just for the "end on a high note" win.

They'll be back to 50/50 like they averaged in the regular season.

As they should. There is no reason to piss 2016 away having Tommy run zone read just to start from scratch and install the offense they really want to run in 2017. My issue with Riley last season was that he lied about it. "We're going to adapt the offense to Tommy's strengths". Just tell the truth and the struggles, penalties, turnovers will be easier to accept. They are growing pains and expectations are reasonably lower in the interim.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work Tommy has put in during the offseason is incredible. It's not often a QB is the strongest guy on your team pound for pound.

I think he's taking it fairly seriously.

Sounds great for a running QB.

Oh wait.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this still with DPE only working out one leg, he's going to have the one monster calf, oddly familiar