• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Around The League Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting fact: the woman next the guy with his arm around her is not holding his hand for romantic lovey dovey reasons, but rather to prevent him from grabbing her boobs on National Television (like he is to himself, JK). She is hyper-aware that she may be on TV all night because of the grandmother. Note that the grandmother didn't have to block her guest (daughter?). Poor guy. Hopefully, she made it up to him later after watching SportsCenter to see her on there. (Just kidding, she doesn't owe him anything.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meets are loose requirements of one within 50%, with one player shooting 9-19 :( and one shooting 0-1 :mad2:. Bastards. We could have reached everyone is one player wasn't a glory hog missing his only attempt and the other guy just shot 18 times (but still making 9). Warriors vs. Nuggets - Box Score - February 13, 2017 - ESPN

After all that, they were "only" 54.5%?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meets are loose requirements of one within 50%, with one player shooting 9-19 :( and one shooting 0-1 :mad2:. Bastards. We could have reached everyone is one player wasn't a glory hog missing his only attempt and the other guy just shot 18 times (but still making 9). Warriors vs. Nuggets - Box Score - February 13, 2017 - ESPN

After all that, they were "only" 54.5%?

After spending almost 10 years searching for these magical games, I don't want to find one with a loose requirement. It won't be as satisfying.

I want to find the magic game that makes my hair stand up.

So, either everyone shoots 50% or better, or everyone shoots <50%. Not one FG of within better or worse than 50%.

Similarly, with records, when they're broken, I want them to be smashed.

I thought it was lame that after all of that attention, the Warriors only got 73 wins. 75 or 76 would have been cooler.

Similarly, when someone breaks Stockton's steals or assists totals record (however many hundreds or thousands of years it might take), I want it to be by at least 101 steals or 101 assists.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After spending almost 10 years searching for these magical games, I don't want to find one with a loose requirement. It won't be as satisfying.

I want to find the magic game that makes my hair stand up.

So, either everyone shoots 50% or better, or everyone shoots <50%. Not one FG of within better or worse than 50%.

Similarly, with records, when they're broken, I want them to be smashed.

I thought it was lame that after all of that attention, the Warriors only got 73 wins. 75 or 76 would have been cooler.

Similarly, when someone breaks Stockton's steals or assists totals record (however many hundreds or thousands of years it might take), I want it to be by at least 101 steals or 101 assists.

Never! If they do, I'm asterisking it by era difference. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never! If they do, I'm asterisking it by era difference. ;)

Imagine the excitement of just having someone come close to breaking those records.

It will only enhance Stockton even more, and bring him back into focus.

Then when the record is broken, Stockton give that guy an autographed Jazz jersey.

On the front, will be a video hologram of his favorite assist, and favorite steal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the excitement of just having someone come close to breaking those records.

It will only enhance Stockton even more, and bring him back into focus.

Then when the record is broken, Stockton give that guy an autographed Jazz jersey.

On the front, will be a video hologram of his favorite assist, and favorite steal.

Stop saying when. It's pronounced, "IF."

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop saying when. It's pronounced, "IF."

What if David Stockton is the one that breaks John Stockton's records?

What if Julian or Sean Lennon become more successful than John Lennon?

Will that make it ok?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact: the woman next the guy with his arm around her is not holding his hand for romantic lovey dovey reasons, but rather to prevent him from grabbing her boobs on National Television (like he is to himself, JK). She is hyper-aware that she may be on TV all night because of the grandmother. Note that the grandmother didn't have to block her guest (daughter?). Poor guy. Hopefully, she made it up to him later after watching SportsCenter to see her on there. (Just kidding, she doesn't owe him anything.)

Finally, I read this post when I wasn't at work. So I could see the video thumbnail.

Good post.

How do you know so much about boob grabbing on National Television, as well as people grabbing at their own organs, on National Television?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, I read this post when I wasn't at work. So I could see the video thumbnail.

Good post.

How do you know so much about boob grabbing on National Television, as well as people grabbing at their own organs, on National Television?

Not from experience. Just from sports bloopers. It really isn't knowing "so much," it's just scrolling by it looked like he was grabbing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if David Stockton is the one that breaks John Stockton's records?

What if Julian or Sean Lennon become more successful than John Lennon?

Will that make it ok?

Nope. I'd say ok for Sean Lennon, just because I want more good music. But I'd only be OK with anyone breaking it, even Stockton's son if he were on our team. But players averaging a lot on our team? Sports heaven.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I'd say ok for Sean Lennon, just because I want more good music. But I'd only be OK with anyone breaking it, even Stockton's son if he were on our team. But players averaging a lot on our team? Sports heaven.

That's a fair desire. If Stockton's records are to be broken, let it by by someone who's a Jazz, and who has been or will be a Jazz for years.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from experience. Just from sports bloopers. It really isn't knowing "so much," it's just scrolling by it looked like he was grabbing.

I've never seen those kinds of sports bloopers. The closest is when a male lifts up his shirt.

During the Home Run Derby, the telestrator was drawing a circle as to where into the crowd the ball was going to go, and the telestrator draw a circle around a male fan who had lifted up his shirt. I think the fan knew he was going to be on camera since the ball was going to fall in his area. The telestrator's circle was around the fan's nipples.

As for another blooper, during a NBA game, another male fan lifted up his shirt and started rubbing his nipples when Fredette was shooting FTs.

I think that one made it into "The Starting Five" (a NBA TV program)'s bloopers segment.

I'll post that clip later, as I can't post it right now since YouTube is blocked.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk about grabbing reminds me of this scene from Mad About You.

http://www.allreadable.com/024bIEEH

Paul: - This bed is so small.

Jamie: - I like it.

Paul: - How can you like it?

Jamie: - Because you're in it.

Paul: - You're hogging all the covers.

Jamie: - Well, it's my bed.

Paul: Hey, you don't just grab there.