• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Opponents for the Chiefs

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets

Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much could change, but the way I see it now:

Division: Until after the offseason, I'll leave it as 3-3, assuming others improve. Depending on the offseason, I might change that to as high as 5-1 (this year's record).
Most Difficult: Pittsburgh Steelers (Road), Carolina Panthers (Road) Indianapolis Colts (here because it's a road game and they should bounce back a bit), and Houston Texans (Road) - 2-2 or better. After the offseason, this might change to 3-1 or 1-3, but I doubt it. In real life it might change, but as a prediction, I doubt it.
The Rest: 5-1 conservatively. The one will be a stupid close loss that Chiefs fans despise.

10-6 or better.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing 5 games in row, they bounced back and won 10 games straight... They can do anything!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets

Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers
On paper thats the easiest Home schedule you'll ever see.

Broncos will be moving on from Peyton which is likely a good thing for them but its hard to see their defense continuing to play at the level it played this year. They might franchise Von Miller or do some sort of stop gap with him and then let him go after next year. So they'll probably still be a Super Bowl contender.

Chargers were a mess with the running game last year and have nothing special on defense. They'll be in every game but win very few of them unless they make some moves in the offseason. Id imagine they'll have the worst home field advantage in football, to boot. Melvin Gordon had 6 fumbles in 217 touches. By comparison Todd Gurley had 3 fumbles in 250 touches. Chargers have a lot of room to be better on offense but I dont think they have the roster to be better on defense.

Oakland is going to be the trendy team that everyone is going to pick but Derek Carr had a great year last year and Khalil Mack had a great year last year and they still finished sub .500 and -40 in point differential. Still a team that needs roster improvements before winning the division.

Saints could be one of the worst teams in football. Texans are good but have peaked without a QB. Titans and Jags should improve but they still need more. Bucs are in the same boat as the Raiders...could be a sleeper but odds are that they got a lot out of their team last year and still need more depth. Jets look like a solid 8-9 win team. Colts remind me of a Mike Martz Rams team and they could implode any year.

Panthers, Steelers and imo Falcons might all be tough road games. Possibly 3 Super Bowl contenders next year.

Chiefs are in a really similar spot that the Niners were in when they had Alex Smith. Good veteran defensive players, good young oline, weapons in the running game, a play making TE and 1 good WR. They just need to make good roster decisions and stay healthy.