• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 OPENING SEASON HOME SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not able to see all the game but in what I saw there were 2 things that stood out to me.

With the bases load and 1 out against Keuchel. He was having control problems and he just tried to get Rosales to lay off the outside pitch and he laid off of it but threw the same pitch and hit into a double play.

The other was with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 8th of a 4-4 game and Qualls was also having control problems and the ump had a tight strike zone. Martin has to make sure that the first pitch is exactly where he wants it or let it go. If it is a ball then the pressure is on Qualls. If it is a strike it was a strike not worth swinging at and you still have two more chances. But Martin grounded back to the pitcher on a low and outside pitch.

Did not like those ABs at all.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not able to see all the game but in what I saw there were 2 things that stood out to me.

With the bases load and 1 out against Keuchel. He was having control problems and he just tried to get Rosales to lay off the outside pitch and he laid off of it but threw the same pitch and hit into a double play.

The other was with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 8th of a 4-4 game and Qualls was also having control problems and the ump had a tight strike zone. Martin has to make sure that the first pitch is exactly where he wants it or let it go. If it is a ball then the pressure is on Qualls. If it is a strike it was a strike not worth swinging at and you still have two more chances. But Martin grounded back to the pitcher on a low and outside pitch.

There's been way too many piss poor ABs. Same as previous years under Magadan. Terrible approach. We watch pitches down the middle, and then swing at terrible pitches.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the inning where we tied it up it sure would have been nice to mix in an extra base hit or maybe even a HR. Walks and HBP are fine, but you have to have some key hits along the way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi Chi and Eickoff both had good lines, but not great ones. Although Eickoff did have 7 strikeouts in 5 innings. Scheppers had a clean inning. I guess Tanner managed to not get thrown out of this game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the inning where we tied it up it sure would have been nice to mix in an extra base hit or maybe even a HR. Walks and HBP are fine, but you have to have some key hits along the way.

The way the pitching was going that inning there weren't good pitches to swing at. Martin and Rosales swung anyways.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the pitching was going that inning there weren't good pitches to swing at. Martin and Rosales swung anyways.
I guess sometimes a team just pitches bad enough to benefit themselves in the long run.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Very good assessment of both ABs. Rosales should know better and Martin doesn't yet.

So was Choo deliberately plunked? He was definitely unhappy to have the bat taken out of his hands.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bannister is sitting back getting a clear overview of what he has before the fur flies.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know much about a kid we have named Luke Tendler. He is off to a great start at Hickory and it looks like he had a good short season in Spokane last year after he was drafted. He is a RF/1B.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including what he's getting from Dave Madagan and his 'assistant hittng coach' Bobby Jones
I think Magadan is a goner after his contract is up at the end of the year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Magadan is a goner after his contract is up at the end of the year.
I want to see him gone now. Let Bobby pick it up and know his stay is short if he can't get things going. In an off season is the time for an instructional season. While injuries have hurt the team, so has Magadan and no better time to start correcting the problem. Tired of watching the poor hitting practices we witnessed with Houston.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@StevensonFWST: Update: Rua has small fracture in his right heel. Lisalverto Bonilla will have Tommy John surgery.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Romeo, maybe we should start locking these after the series ends and we have a new thread?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.