• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 MLB Draft #10

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you guys hoping they select tonight. I would be happy with Kyle Tucker or Tyler Stephenson. Most reports have us going hitter. Two names that have popped up in the last couple of days are Ian Happ and Cornelius Randolph. Any chance they have the grapefruits to draft Aiken?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornelius Randolph is the Man! The Phillies get an infield bat. He is a shortstop for now but when you can hit
there are other options. Good choice in my opinion!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the baseball draft nearly as closely as other sports. Was there a catcher that would have been a better pick? I'll take your word for it Northeast.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say with high school catchers. Or baseball draft prospects for that matter. He's going to have such a long road to the majors even longer for catchers. He went to the Reds at #11. They are moving Randolph to LF immediately. The Indians took the gamble on Aiken at #17. The Phillies selected a 2B out of Arizona with it's second round pick Scott Kingery.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the baseball draft nearly as closely as other sports. Was there a catcher that would have been a better pick? I'll take your word for it Northeast.

I know how you feel about getting a catcher Retro. But the Phillies chose two infielders on their 1st two picks.
The 2nd pick was 2nd baseman Scott Kingery. He won the Pac 12 Batting title and has some speed as well. So far so good. Remember that it is more about who is available at the time that they pick. Kingery could replace Utley
down the road. Kingery and Randolph could be fast track type players as opposed to the Amaro system of 5 years or more in the minors. I like the approach of going after the hitters 1st since poor hitting has been our downfall.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a scout review that basically said he's got average skills, nothing scored high, it was a mixed review that said he can hit yet they score him low across the board. Northeast do you think he has what it takes to be a quality mlb'er??

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a scout review that basically said he's got average skills, nothing scored high, it was a mixed review that said he can hit yet they score him low across the board. Northeast do you think he has what it takes to be a quality mlb'er??

I assume you are talking about Kingery, Progeria. Kingery can hit the ball well. He has some speed along with average defensive skills. He has limited power as of now but that can change since he is strong. He can remain
at 2nd base in my opinion and be a quality contributor. Scouts are always looking for defects in a player since that is their job. There is always a spot for a good hitter.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever noticed a lot of guys named Kyle or Tyler get drafted in mlb, and none are ever very successful? There must be something about those names scouts like.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingrey looks like a stud. Batted .392 at ASU. PAC-10 POY. No reason a seasoned kid like that should be in rookie ball very long. He should be in Reading next spring like they did with Nola.

And I would have loved a young catcher, but you can't count on a high school catcher. Kids are still growing into that position. Give me a college catcher. I guess no big prospects were available, so they passed.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 is so far away. Franco will likely still be in the lineup. It's scary thinking of all the retreads the FO will pick up in that time.