• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 College/Draft Talk

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jaylon Smith. Any word how he has recovered from that nasty injury he suffered during the Fiesta Bowl?
Best fuckin LB in this draft hands down! Absolutely love this kid, and if we could trade back, gain either a 2nd or another 3rd I would be willing to pull the trigger on this kid if Dr James Andrews gave the all clear on the kid.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best fuckin LB in this draft hands down! Absolutely love this kid, and if we could trade back, gain either a 2nd or another 3rd I would be willing to pull the trigger on this kid if Dr James Andrews gave the all clear on the kid.
Dr. Andrews is the best in this field of expertise. I love the kid as well. You can't go wrong with either guy really. Ragland or Smith are both studs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Myles Jack, but I think he's gone in the top 5.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is good, but Jack is a future perennial all-pro.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another interesting note - Bleacher Report reporting from the combine said that Brandon Allen, with small hands, would fit a west coast offense - like the eagles! Good news for you guys who love Allen. I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 4th round to groom behind SB, if he's still available. I think we need to bolster some other positions first. anyway, I prefer Dak to be our QB in training, in the 3rd round, barring any trades to move up.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another interesting note - Bleacher Report reporting from the combine said that Brandon Allen, with small hands, would fit a west coast offense - like the eagles! Good news for you guys who love Allen. I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 4th round to groom behind SB, if he's still available. I think we need to bolster some other positions first. anyway, I prefer Dak to be our QB in training, in the 3rd round, barring any trades to move up.
I believe it was Rey who started this mancrush for Allen.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Smith is my fav linebacker in this draft even after a blown knee.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right up there for me, besides Myles Jack, and Reggie Ragland. Jack and Smith are great playmakers who have to be accounted for on every play. Ragland is a beast inside. Any of these 3 right now, are on my wish list. I just hope we use FA to fill holes, and with the cap room that Howie now has (he just got $7M today, carried over from last year), he should be able to pick the BPA.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope we try an draft Will Fuller in rd 3....he is a bigger version of Djax

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope we try an draft Will Fuller in rd 3....he is a bigger version of Djax

I like Fuller but I would rather take a chance Brax Miller if he is not off the board.It sounds like he may go 2nd possibly 1st?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting combine reports emerging.

Jared Goff has 9 inch hands, which is subpar, but not terrible. Still, it sounds like Cleveland likes the bigger, big-handed QBs per Hue Jackson and may take Wentz over Goff. Wentz has 10-inch hands, important for those cold weather games in the AFC North.

That could be interesting if Goff begins to slide.

Meanwhile, Brandon Allen, the Arkansas QB some of you all like has 8 inch hands. He apparently spoke of trying to stretch his hands before the combine to make them measure bigger, but...8 inch hands still. Guy will be a 6th or 7th round type to a warm weather or dome team.

http://deadspin.com/arkansas-qb-trying-to-stretch-his-lil-baby-hands-in-ord-1761240625

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting combine reports emerging.

Jared Goff has 9 inch hands, which is subpar, but not terrible. Still, it sounds like Cleveland likes the bigger, big-handed QBs per Hue Jackson and may take Wentz over Goff. Wentz has 10-inch hands, important for those cold weather games in the AFC North.

That could be interesting if Goff begins to slide.

Meanwhile, Brandon Allen, the Arkansas QB some of you all like has 8 inch hands. He apparently spoke of trying to stretch his hands before the combine to make them measure bigger, but...8 inch hands still. Guy will be a 6th or 7th round type to a warm weather or dome team.

http://deadspin.com/arkansas-qb-trying-to-stretch-his-lil-baby-hands-in-ord-1761240625

Apparently the 'stretching' worked...a little bit...

According to Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports, the massage therapy Allen received seems to have done the trick, as his hands which measured 8 1/2 inches at the Senior Bowl have grown to 8 7/8 inches when measured here at the Scouting Combine.

Getting an extra 3/8 of an inch of hand size in a month is impressive, regardless the technique.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the 'stretching' worked...a little bit...

According to Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports, the massage therapy Allen received seems to have done the trick, as his hands which measured 8 1/2 inches at the Senior Bowl have grown to 8 7/8 inches when measured here at the Scouting Combine.

Getting an extra 3/8 of an inch of hand size in a month is impressive, regardless the technique.

If he was getting myofascial release work done then they probably grew 3/8 of an inch in about 30 minutes. Now that's a bit of an exaggeration because once released they'd stretch out over the next day or so, and they would probably tighten back up in between sessions as the hands move towards the muscle memory of their habit. But that's not surprising on the whole. He has said he's done a lot of work on his grip, but some of that work probably tightened them and "shrunk" them too. Anyway I've seen his tape and anything that keeps him towards the bottom of the draft is OK by me. I'd love to take him on day 2.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch came out of college with questions to answer about his mechanics and polish as a quarterback, but those weren’t the only ones that concerned teams at the Scouting Combine.

Lynch’s media session on Friday was delayed because his medical exam ran longer than expected. Lynch said he had suffered previous injuries to both knees and his shoulder, although he wasn’t aware of the one that turned up during his physical.

“When I hurt my AC joint my sophomore year against Cincinnati, I didn’t realize that I had a small fracture in my clavicle,” Lynch said, via NJ.com. “So that showed up on the x-ray. But it’s healed. There are pieces of bones just floating around in there. It spooked a team or two, so they requested an MRI.”