• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Hawkeyes FB

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEY LOSSES ON OFFENSE:
DON SHUMPERT (SE)
CONOR BOFFELI (LG)
BRETT VAN SLOTEN (RT)
CJ FED (TE)
MIKE MEYER (K)

KEY LOSSES ON DEFENSE:
DOMINIC ALVIS (DE)
CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY (LB)
JAMES MORRIS (LB)
ANTHONY HITCHENS (LB)
BJ LOWERY (CB)
TANNER MILLER (FS)

LB Corps will be a big loss. Offense should be in good shape with our core staying intact. We need to have some receivers step up and get our passing game going again. I see a good year for Iowa again next season. We should definitely be in the running for the B1G West.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are goin to whoop you next year:laugh3: just teasin, good season Hawkeyes. But seriously we will destroy you next year.

Sucks we have to wait almost a whole year to bend you guys over again! :drool:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks we have to wait almost a whole year to bend you guys over again! :drool:

If, and its not going to happen, but if you guys beat us next year this will really become a heated rivalry. In my opinion it has (fanwise) already.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and its not going to happen, but if you guys beat us next year this will really become a heated rivalry. In my opinion it has (fanwise) already.

Maybe Neb should take baby steps first and try beating Minnesota next year :whistle:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Neb should take baby steps first and try beating Minnesota next year :whistle:

yes since it has been sooooooo long since we ve beaten the Hawkeyes we ll be one steppin it into Iowa and two steppin into the CCG:hammer:

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So getting to the topic, I am not up too much on how the new playoff system will impact college football next year, let's say Iowa wins the division, but loses the B10 title game...so they finish 12-1. This used to likely guarantee a BCS bowl, but now that is not a possibility, nor is the Rose Bowl since I heard during the game that the Rose will be a semifinal playoff instead (why call it a bowl then, I am not sure).

So does anyone know how the new structure will work with the teams that are not 1-4? The B10 has all these tie ins with bowls, but totally lost on how it will work now.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2014 will be about the same, maybe a lil better, than this season. Offense should be strong, maybe one of the best in the B1G, but the defense will be completely different.

Instead of being week defending the pass - Iowa will be weak defending the run and be a developmental year for LBs. Iowa should be 10+ wins in 2015.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the bowls will still be intact for the most part. If Iowa isn't in the top four...all we need is to reach positions 5-12 to get into the second tier of top bowls. The Chick-fil-A and Cotton Bowls are heavily SEC...plus the Sugar when it isn't teamed up against the Rose as semi final games. Clearly, the Rose is the only B1G bowl venue available in the current "top 6 bowls" format.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerms,

I disagree with you on defense here. Iowa's defensive front will cause more havoc for teams and allow the new LB corps get their legs underneath them. When KF has a stout D-line, Iowa's LBs will look good next year. #6 (Spearman) is a freshman that saw the field a lot against LSU the other day. He's got a big frame on him. Alston probably replaces Morris. Iowa's defense should be strong again next year. The secondary should continue to be strong.

What the offense really needs is an infusion of speed at the skill positions for Rudock to use. The TEs will be strong, but the WRs need to pick it up. The RB position really needs an upgrade with speed. Daniels will pound people like Greene did back in the day.

Next years schedule looks very favorable right now. I like Iowa's chances in a number of games:

UNI
Ball St
Iowa St
@ Pittsburgh
@ Purdue
Indiana
@ Maryland
Northwestern
@ Minnesota
@ Illinois
Wisconsin
Nebraska

Next year could be real interesting!!!!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Hoops...not sure I like it, but not like they asked me about it

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's schedule looks like the gravy train. No Mich, MSU or OSU?? I'm not too familiar with Pitt or Maryland, but as it stands right now, our toughest game looks to be Bucky in IC. We have 2 bye weeks. Any talk of scheduling something for one of them?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early bowl predictions are out, interesting where Iowa is slotted, I have no clue what the heck a Taxslayer Bowl is but would love to match up against Ole Miss and whomp them, this must be one of the new bowls...take it for what it is worth

NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com