• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Stanley Cup championship rings

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has the NHL network, they're showing the 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Championship Film, like now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had an awesome giveaway of replica rings to the first 10,ooo fans a few games ago. I bet some show up on ebay.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually the giveaway is TONIGHT vs the Coyotes...and I'm going!!!!! Maybe I'll take a pic of it and post it on here after the game.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a crowd for the replica ring giveaway tonight vs the Coyotes.

Left the house about three hours prior to game time. Traffic, as always, was horrendous. Got to the United Center at 5:10 pm. Doors open at 5:30 pm. The line down Madison Street waiting to get in and get the rings was long....extremely long. We were just past the Hull/Mikita statues when we entered the queue.

Doors opened and it was like WalMart on Black Friday. A few cuts in line from people, and the line moved at a decent pace. We were nervous (my wife and I) that we wouldn't get them, but there was no problem...plenty of rings available (first 10,000 fans to enter).

The rings themselves are extremely nice...I mean really, really nice. They are made of metal, silver in color and are really heavy. Way bigger than my old high school class ring. The top has the Indian Head sculpted in silver with nice detail. Surrounding that are fake red stones to fill the face. At the top and bottom edges are 7 each fake diamonds. On the left side edge of the face is Stanley Cup engraved and on the right side edge is Champions engraved.

The left side of the ring has Chicago Blackhawks, followed by Stanley Cup Champions in a small ribbon. Below that is 2013, 2010, 1961, 1938, 1934 (signifying the five championships) and then the Tomahawks logo.

The right side of the ring has 2013, bisected by the Stanley Cup itself, intersected with One Goal. At the bottom is the NHL logo.

It fits my ring finger just fine (some of the guys with bigger hands were complaining that it didn't fit them) but it reaches to the first knuckle, so it's a very big and very heavy ring. Very high quality for a giveaway, despite the fake jewels on the face. It comes in a regular cardboard box, but the ring has a small puck size stand for the ring that has 2013 Stanley Cup Champions Chicago Blackhawks around the edge of the "puck".

I already had two people offer to buy it from me at the game for $75. I respectfully declined.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone can give me any tips how to copy from iPhoto to this site, I will be happy to post some pictures.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them on ebay from china, dont know if its the same ring, but they are offering engraving too. Cool that you got one, or two that is. Now you gotta buy your wife that stanley cup popcorn maker for christmas.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are NOT the same ones made in China. Personally, they are nicer than those.