• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Boston Red Sox thread

jmac25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 thirty-three and you could even say thoity tree ..thats what I have left to go

32 after this post

jmac25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Masterson goes the distance and pitches a CGS 1 run .Anybody know how many hits? GJ Masterson!

jmac25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah that was against Holy Shit the Yankees!! lol

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rsf Hows it going? Well heres hoping the sox get back on the winning track

jmac25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rsf Hows it going? Well heres hoping the sox get back on the winning track

they really need to do that Mols..on the bright side after a DH with the Tribe..Yankees are only 2 games up. Same as Sunday

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey u guys post where I can find ya ok? :wave:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
capt not many posting on here Hopefully not too many trolls on game chat tonight

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
capt not many posting on here Hopefully not too many trolls on game chat tonight

Sure there'll be trolls on the Tribe glog mols. Them Tigs asswipes cant stay away. Your trolls are tame in comparison LOL

See you over on the Sox thread a little later

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papi lights a fire tonight....

Lackey escapes a jam in the 3rd

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Papi turns big speach into bats, which will benefit Boston Charity.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ndishing-famous-boston-speech-092346225.html#
(AP)You know the speech we’re talking about. It happened prior to the Boston Red Sox April 20 game against the Kansas City Royals, which was their first game at Fenway Park following the tragic events at the Boston Marathon and the subsequent manhunt that paralyzed the city for nearly 24 hours. We also know you remember the powerful (and colorful) words longtime Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz used to punctuate his heartfelt message on that highly emotional day.
Within minutes of the speech, Ortiz's phrase "This is our f***ing city" was the most talked about topic on social media, and within 24 hours it was already being attached to t-shirts with several companies looking to raise money for those affected by the Patriot Day bombings.
Needless to say, it caught on faster than a "Stone Cold" Steve Austin catchphrase in the late 90s, and now Ortiz himself is going step one further by selling actual bats emblazoned with his famous quotes over at a bigpapi.com.
And, once again, all net proceeds will go to the victims of those horrific events.
My Fellow Bostonians,
On April 15, 2013, nearly a decade after I first came to Boston, our city was attacked during one of Boston's most beloved events. Through the great bravery of our emergency service men and women, and the strength of our citizens, Boston has and will continue to perservere through this tragedy. I wanted to figure out a way to do something to help the victims, so I reached out to my partner Marucci Sports who have created these bats to help raise money for those affected by this tragedy. 100% of the net proceeds from these sales will go to the OneFund and other victims of this terrible event. When I gave my speech during the pregame ceremony of our first game back, I fully meant the words I said. Let's get together as a city to show everyone that "nobody is gonna dictate our freedom!".
Boston Strong,
David Ortiz
If Ortiz's colorful quote is a little strong for your liking, you can also choose "Nobody's going to dictate our freedom" as the emblazoned quote. All standard bats are selling for $125 each, but if you'd like one with a personalized signature from Ortiz it'll cost you $500.
Not a terrible deal at all, and it's made even better knowing that it's going to a worthy cause.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the good old days........

It was on this date back in 1995 that the first printed reference to 'Manny Being Manny' is attributed to Mike Hargrove by Newsday's Jon Heyman. In a feature entitled Baseball Homecoming, the Indians skipper is quoted using the phrase to describe the behavior his young outfielder, Manny Ramirez.