• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Pro Bowlers Announced, and 49ers and Chiefs Lead with 8 Selections Each

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From USA Today:

USA Today said:
The San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs each had eight players named to the Pro Bowl, the NFL announced Friday night.

Five teams, including the Green Bay Packers and New York Jets, did not have a player named to the annual All-Star game that will be played the week before the Super Bowl in Honolulu.

For the first time this year, players were not selected by conference, but rather by position. A draft will be held next month, with Hall of Famers Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice selecting each team play-ground style.

Among the notable Pro Bowl nods are quarterbacks Peyton Manning, selected for the 13th time, and Tom Brady, his ninth. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was picked for the second time in his two-year career.

Players are named to the Pro Bowl after a combination of voting by fans, players and coaches. Manning led all players in online fan voting.

Here is the complete list of players by position:

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Tom Brady, Patriots; Drew Brees, Saints; Peyton Manning, Broncos; Cam Newton, Panthers; Philip Rivers, Chargers; Russell Wilson, Seahawks.

Wide receiver: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dez Bryant, Cowboys; Josh Gordon, Browns; A.J. Green, Bengals; Andre Johnson, Texans; Calvin Johnson, Lions; Brandon Marshall, Bears; Demaryius Thomas (Broncos).

Running back: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs; Matt Forte, Bears; Frank Gore, 49ers; Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks; LeSean McCoy, Eagles; Adrian Peterson, Vikings.

Tackle: Branden Albert, Chiefs; Jason Peters, Eagles; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Joe Staley, 49ers; Joe Thomas, Bronws; Trent Williams, Redskins.

Guard: Jahri Evans, Saints; Ben Grubbs, Saints; Mike Iupati, 49ers; Logan Mankins, Patriots; Louis Vasquez, Broncos; Marshal Yanda, Ravens.

Center: Ryan Kalil, Panthers; Alex Mack, Browns; Mike Pouncey, Dolphins; Max Unger, Seahawks.

Tight end: Jordan Cameron, Browns; Vernon Davis, 49ers; Jimmy Graham, Saints; Julius Thomas, Broncos.

Fullback: Marcel Reece, Raiders; Mike Tolbert, Panthers.

DEFENSE

Defensive end: Greg Hardy, Panthers; Cameron Jordan, Saints; Robert Quinn, Rams; Cameron Wake, Dolphins; J.J. Watt, Texans; Mario Williams, Bills.

Interior lineman: Gerald McCoy, Bucs; Haloti Ngata, Ravens; Dontari Poe, Chiefs; Justin Smith, 49ers; Ndamukong Suh, Lions; Kyle Williams, Bills.

Outside linebacker: John Abraham, Cardinals; Ahmad Brooks, 49ers; Tamba Hali, Chiefs; Justin Houston, Chiefs; Robert Mathis, Colts; Terrell Suggs, Ravens.

Inside/middle linebacker: NaVorro Bowman, 49ers; Vontaze Burfict, Bengals; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Patrick Willis, 49ers.

Cornerback: Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Brent Grimes, Dolphins; Joe Haden, Browns; Patrick Peterson, Cardinals; Darrelle Revis, Bucs; Richard Sherman, Seahawks; Aqib Talib, Patriots; Alterraun Verner, Titans.

Free safety: Jairus Byrd, Bills; Earl Thomas, Seahawks; Eric Weddle, Chargers.

Strong safety: Eric Berry, Chiefs; Kam Chancellor, Seahawks; Troy Polamalu, Steelers.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Punter: Brandon Fields, Dolphins; Johnny Hekker, Rams.

Placekicker: Matt Prater, Broncos; Justin Tucker, Ravens.

Punt returner: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dexter McCluster, Chiefs.

Special teamer: Justin Bethel, Cardinals; Matthew Slater, Patriots.

What do you all think about the selections?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Panthers selections:
Tolbert - listed at fullback, also played some tailback. Lot of good blocking, key 1st down pickups.
Kalil - probably the biggest impact on our O was him coming back, after missing most of last season. He's been great.
Cam - threw for less yards, but made less mistakes. QB rating went up. In $ time, led 4 drives to win games we would have lost last year, including ones against NOLA, NE, and SF.
Luke - still struggles in coverage at times, but a tackling machine, great D QB.
Hardy - another excellent season, though I'm worried we won't have the cash to bring him back. 4-3 DE's of is calibre are mucho expensivo.

Left out: Karlos Dansby could be on that squad, imo, but it's a crowded field of excellent LBs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Niners 8 guys don't get to play in the game but that's asking a lot from them 3 years in a row.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Niners 8 guys don't get to play in the game but that's asking a lot from them 3 years in a row.

What the hell are you talking about? In your brain have the 9ers been to 3 straight Superbowls?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he meant to hit the 2, merely a typo... (or a product of those bankrupt Detroit school districts)

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton had more yards and TDs than a couple of the QBs going, but I guess he's a red headed stepchild when it comes to Pro Bowl voting.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he meant to hit the 2, merely a typo... (or a product of those bankrupt Detroit school districts)

Drinking ehh? Pretty sure he was quoting the same line I was questioning...

I'd probably be mad but that avi...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3