• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Playoffs

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just killing time - so I did a little reading up on them. Confusing as hell. Also strange ..

If you are a wildcard team it gets really difficult for you. Since you need to win the one game playoff to advance you will most likely go with your #1 for that game. But, since the next series (5 games) starts the next day I can't see that #1 going more than once in the next series and even then I don't see it before the 4th game (2-3 format). If there even is a 4th game! Really puts the wildcard team at a major disadvantage with pitching match-ups.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just killing time - so I did a little reading up on them. Confusing as hell. Also strange ..

If you are a wildcard team it gets really difficult for you. Since you need to win the one game playoff to advance you will most likely go with your #1 for that game. But, since the next series (5 games) starts the next day I can't see that #1 going more than once in the next series and even then I don't see it before the 4th game (2-3 format). If there even is a 4th game! Really puts the wildcard team at a major disadvantage with pitching match-ups.

That was the point. Adding another wild card was seen as kind of lame for division winners, so they made winning your division much much more important. I approve of the new format, except the higher seed starting on the road part. Hope they can make time in 2013 to do it correctly.