• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Draft - Thurs. April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Took me about three days to realize this is the NFL Draft/College football thread part II

With all the new signings, which direction do people think we should go in the draft?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Took me about three days to realize this is the NFL Draft/College football thread part II

I think this thread is the Draft Day thread pertaining only to 2012, whereas the other thread is just a general draft / college footbsll discussion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Looks like people are finally becoming a little more realisitic about Devon Still & Michael Brockers.

However, for some reason Nick Perry has been dropping in th mocks. If he's there in the 20's then something is seriously wrong. I'd trade up for him if he falls past 20. Dude's gonna be the next Brian Orakpo.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be absolutely ecstatic if Still dropped to 30.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Still would be a solid pick at 30. Never liked him as a top 12 pick like most people had him all season...

It's beyond me how anyone could possibly have Melvin Ingram over Nick Perry in this draft. Perry is going to be a monster at the next level. There's no good reason he should still be on the board at 10 much less the mid-late 20's like most mock drafts are saying.

By the way, speaking of front 7 guys:

Mercilus > Branch

and

Brandon Thompson > Branch.

Andre Branch me no likey.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So here are my early 2012 1st round bust pick candidates:

Melvin Ingram: Boom or bust. Very puzzling prospect.

Tannehill. Why? The Browns might draft him.

Jonathan Martin.

Andre Branch. Might not be a 1st rounder, but if he is Branch is my bust pick.

Michael Brockers. Don't really think he WILL be a bust, but I have to pick someone. Not nearly as big a fan of his as most people are / have been.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure if the defensive lineman this year really fit our d. still or thompson should be solid in a 4-3.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vikes looking to trade down?
8:59AM ET
Minnesota Vikings

Recently, we pondered whether the Minnesota Vikings' alleged consternation over which athlete to choose with the No. 3 overall pick was genuine. It's a widely held belief that the Vikes will use that pick to select USC OT Matt Kalil, though until the pick is made, nothing is certain. And there's always the chance that the club could trade down if another team approached them with an intriguing offer.

ESPN NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert examined this final scenario in depth for a post on Monday morning. The key, of course, is Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill. If there is high demand for the passer -- from the Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins, for example -- this could push the interested clubs towards a trade.

For the Browns, if they really want Tannehill -- and believe that no other team is interested enough to try and trade up one spot ahead of them -- they can just stand pat; if no trade takes place, the Vikes aren't going to take him. So the key for Minnesota is having another team (or teams) show some interest in such a trade; this will at least put some fear into Cleveland that they may lose out on the draft's No. 3 QB prospect if they don't make the move up one spot.

Given the time of year, it's hard to say just how interested the Dolphins are in Tannehill, and whether they'd be willing to part with significant draft pick capital to move up ahead of Cleveland. Naturally, it's also possible that a mystery team could jump into the mix -- for instance, despite having an incumbent starter in Matt Cassel and signing Brady Quinn, some still believe that a QB is not out of the question for Kansas City in Round 1.

Of course, the Vikings have to actually approve the deal from their end as well, and K.C. might be down too far for their liking. The best-case scenario for Minnesota is to be able to pick up some additional draft picks, but still get Kalil. Obviously, trading down with Cleveland to No. 4 will all but guarantee that, but swapping with Miami or K.C. would be significantly more risky.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would almost feel sorry for tannehill if he gets selected at 3 and a team traded away a ton of picks to get him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to feel sorry for the team that drafts Tannehill.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill= last yrs blaine gabbert

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still is a back end first rounder for me IMO....

(as a PSU fanatic, i really can't think of a guy that was coming out that I had praised for top 15 selection worthy... you would think my homer goggles would do the trick...)

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.