• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Draft

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, you don't want to mess around with your center too much. His main job is snapping the ball, blocking is nice too, as long as he doesn't let someone up the hole too often.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A center's main job isn't to snap the ball. That stuff is second nature. His most important job is to be able to make the correct reads at the line and call out the correct blocking scheme. Probably the 2nd most important position on the line after LT. We could use an upgrade.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A center's main job isn't to snap the ball. That stuff is second nature. His most important job is to be able to make the correct reads at the line and call out the correct blocking scheme. Probably the 2nd most important position on the line after LT. We could use an upgrade.

we aint getting one...they signed cook longterm I believe.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course, we don't go after needs. Which is probably why we'll draft a RB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that flaming, do you really think I don't know that? (regarding helping out with assignments), once again, you add nothing to the forum, except for nit picking and starting bullshit, which is why you are on my ignore list. Snapping the ball should be second nature, but you really don't want to mess with your center if you don't have to. Then you'll have some guy snapping the ball over Dalton's head because "they don't have good chemistry yet"

you know what the hell I mean, now you have a good day asshole..

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that flaming, do you really think I don't know that? (regarding helping out with assignments), once again, you add nothing to the forum, except for nit picking and starting bullshit, which is why you are on my ignore list. Snapping the ball should be second nature, but you really don't want to mess with your center if you don't have to. Then you'll have some guy snapping the ball over Dalton's head because "they don't have good chemistry yet"

you know what the hell I mean, now you have a good day asshole..

Tell the Cowboys snapping is 2nd nature. Flaming is nothing more than a troll and the fact that people have started ignoring him is testament to that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I don't see his posts unless you guys quote him.

he's a pretty smart guy, but he's a jerk, so he can talk to my back.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell the Cowboys snapping is 2nd nature. Flaming is nothing more than a troll and the fact that people have started ignoring him is testament to that.

yea, exactly. They should be able to do this correctly starting with freshman year in high school, or as soon as they get big enough to do it. but you see this kind of thing getting screwed up all the time, in the NFL, there is no place for snapping it incorrectly, one mistake can be the difference between losing and winning.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I don't see his posts unless you guys quote him.

he's a pretty smart guy, but he's a jerk, so he can talk to my back.

The only reason I don't block him is because I like to get a laugh out of his stupid responses to most things.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was the name of the long snapper we had whose 2nd nature was snapping the ball 10 yards past where it needed to be? I've blocked him out.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was the name of the long snapper we had whose 2nd nature was snapping the ball 10 yards past where it needed to be? I've blocked him out.

Brad St. Louis. He snapped to the kicker who had it in his 2nd nature to shank key kicks. It was a magical combination...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Back to the thread...it's the definition of 2nd nature...you think the center thinks about how he's going to snap it every play? Not a chance. You worry about everything else (snap count, blocking, etc.) and just snap it.

Brad St. Louis was the snapper here for a decade with little to no problem. However, once he lost his confidence, he was never able to get it back because he started thinking about it...it was in his head; hence, no longer second nature. He was even given some 6 games to figure it out but was never able to because it's not something you can re-learn because you're thinking again.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad St. Louis was the snapper here for a decade with little to no problem. However, once he lost his confidence, he was never able to get it back because he started thinking about it...it was in his head; hence, no longer second nature. He was even given some 6 games to figure it out but was never able to because it's not something you can re-learn because you're thinking again.

I have to agree with this. St. Louis was a great long snapper for a long time here. Great hustler on punts as he would always be in the mix for the tackle. Once he got the shanks it was all over for him.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad St. Louis. He snapped to the kicker who had it in his 2nd nature to shank key kicks. It was a magical combination...

Tried to rep ya for that one, but was told I need to spread it around....still rotf laughing tho.......

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my personal hope for our Draft right now after week 4.

1. Matt Kalil LT USC
2. TJ McDonald S USC
3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wis
4. Tauren Poole RB Tenn
5. Jamell Fleming CB OU
6. Jelani Jenkins OLB FL
7. Jeff Demps RB FL

After looking at this I don't think we will be anywhere near high enough to get these players. So here is my more realistic Mock right now.

1. Riley Reiff OT Iowa - Same position as Kalil but more likely to be there around 8-13 where I see us picking right now.
2. Lamar Miller RB Miami FL - Picking up a lot of steam and may not be there if he keeps this season up but this kid is fast and also has power and vision.
3. Robert Lester S Alabama - Our safeties are bad. Crocker is beyond bad. Lester is the best S left on the board and we badly need an upgrade.
4. Devon Still DT Penn St. - With Pat Sims being a FA after this year and DT's getting big money on the open market I doubt he comes back. Still is a big body that can stuff the run.
5. Danny Trevathan OLB UK - He is an undersized LB who is very fast and runs very well sideline to sideline. He needs to put on some weight but that can be addressed by the strength coach. He has good instincts and I think can cover the TE.
6. Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma - Could have been a third round pick or so but had some serious off the field issues in the summer. He may not be here depending on how well he plays this season but with off the field issues that originally got him kicked off the team, it's possible he could be.
7. Jeff Demps RB FL - With that kind of speed and pass catching ability you can always find a place for him. He will drop because of his size, but he is a play maker.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Cowboys weren't the snaps themselves, but Romo wasn't ready for them.

Cook is here for awhile. He signed an extention. No chance they are replacing him soon.