• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Draft Re-Grade

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that this draft class has 3 playing seasons under it's belt, there are some "re-grades" coming out. Denver ended up doing pretty well for themselves.

Here's Prisco's Grades:

Re-grading the 2011 NFL Draft: The time I gave Christian Ponder an A - CBSSports.com

What I particularly like about this is the graphic at the bottom of the column. When you take into account actual playing time, Denver had the 4th-best draft in the league in 2011.

Here's another version. This one is split into two columns, and ranked based on grade. Brugler gave Denver 2nd place overall:

2011 NFL Draft Revisited: Part 2, teams 1-16 - CBSSports.com

2011 NFL Draft Revisited: Part 1, teams 17-32 - CBSSports.com

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft class has definitely helped us get back on track as a team. The only thing that I see with that draft class that has kept it from being the top draft overall is injuries. Quinton Carter started as a rookie and was showing some great promise before injuries derailed him. Obviously Moore this past season with his unique injury derailed what was looking like a very good season. I actually expect him to have a break out season with a good pass rush and great surrounding cast in the secondary taking some of the pressure off of him (obviously this would mean he is healthy). Julius Thomas has been huge for us but again injuries have been the big question with him. He hasn't made it through a full season yet so still has a bit to prove that he can take on a full season of work. Miller obviously everybody knows his story but he is setting up to be a top 10 player in this league for many years if he can get out of his own way.

So at this point Mohammad and Beal are the only 2 players that couldn't quite make it on the team. All others are actually decent contributors or key players on the team. This will be a huge year considering this is a contract year for all of them except Miller.