• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2009 Draft

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The entire premise of his Crabtree/2009 draft class hook is flawed:

Unless something changes, the 2009 draft will be considered a crack in the building process for most teams. That's why the timing of Crabtree's injury is so critical. This year is the final year of his contract, and the 49ers face an important decision involving his future.

Nope. Crabtree is under contract through 2014.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's reaching in a lot of ways. Nicks is a steal for the Giants, Crabtree has performed better each season (all though I was an advocate for Brian Orakpo, Dez Bryant, or Malcolm Jenkins).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The entire premise of his Crabtree/2009 draft class hook is flawed:

Unless something changes, the 2009 draft will be considered a crack in the building process for most teams. That's why the timing of Crabtree's injury is so critical. This year is the final year of his contract, and the 49ers face an important decision involving his future.

Nope. Crabtree is under contract through 2014.

the entire premise is flawed because he got Crabtree's contract wrong? his premise is the draft class of 2009, not Crabtree?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the entire premise is flawed because he got Crabtree's contract wrong? his premise is the draft class of 2009, not Crabtree?

The entire premise of his hook, which was the bit about Crabtree.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's reaching in a lot of ways. Nicks is a steal for the Giants, Crabtree has performed better each season (all though I was an advocate for Brian Orakpo, Dez Bryant, or Malcolm Jenkins).

Bryant was the year later, no?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not sure what you mean by hook?

The hook is a relevant anecdote at the beginning of an article that illustrates or provides a natural segue into the larger point that the article is trying to make.

In this case, he wants to talk about the disappointing 2009 class, and specifically how only a handful of players from that draft will still be on the team that drafted after this season. Crabtree is a bad example, because he will still be on the team that drafted him next year because he signed a six-year contract.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hook is a relevant anecdote at the beginning of an article that illustrates or provides a natural segue into the larger point that the article is trying to make.

In this case, he wants to talk about the disappointing 2009 class, and specifically how only a handful of players from that draft will still be on the team that drafted after this season. Crabtree is a bad example, because he will still be on the team that drafted him next year because he signed a six-year contract.

Even if this were his last year, I still see it as a bad example because if he is on another team after his rookie contract ends, that probably means he earned a bigger contract - not a sign of not being good, though one could say he wasn't good enough for us to match it. I am, of course, assuming that if he had to take a lower contract, he'd stay with a contender and we'd take him if the contract fits and there is enough potential with him with Kaep. Would an injury free 2013 help? You bet. I just think he'd be here even without 2014 unless someone outpriced us. Jenkins could potentially change that, I suppose.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even if this were his last year, I still see it as a bad example because if he is on another team after his rookie contract ends, that probably means he earned a bigger contract - not a sign of not being good, though one could say he wasn't good enough for us to match it. I am, of course, assuming that if he had to take a lower contract, he'd stay with a contender and we'd take him if the contract fits and there is enough potential with him with Kaep. Would an injury free 2013 help? You bet. I just think he'd be here even without 2014 unless someone outpriced us. Jenkins could potentially change that, I suppose.

Yeah, he doesn't really fit the profile of a disappointing 2009 draft pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of the 2010 draft, I know it was a great draft, but some of the picks still bug me to this day.

I wanted Jimmy Graham over Bowman. Both are great players, but I think Graham would have been more valuable to the team.

I also thought it was a huge mistake to leave Greg Hardy on the board in the 6th round. He would've come in handy in the Super Bowl run last year. I would not have been jealous of whatever team drafted Anthony Dixon. I WAS jealous of the team that drafted Trindon Holliday though. He was the other guy I wanted in the 6th round over Nate Byam.

I don't have much room to complain about the outcome, but a few of those picks were extremely frustrating. I would've taken Carlos Dunlap over Taylor Mays too, but I acttually was fine with the Mays pick because I thought he'd turn out to be a good SS.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Going over these old drafts makes me remember how much I couldn't stand McCloughan. I wish the Niners fired his drunken ass years prior. If Baalke were running the '09 & '08 drafts, I wonder what could've been...

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea, greg hardy is a shitty one to pass because he basically didnt have a great senior season and thats it.

To be honest, I wanted Brandon Graham in the first round of 2010 I believe..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2013:

I have a feeling Nick Moody over Cornelius Washington is going to haunt me too. Moody was basically a special teams pick, but I think Washington would be a terror on special teams. Especially on the return team since he's big, fast & has long arms. He'd make a great blocker.

Quentin Dial over Ryan Swope might bug me too, but the Niners needed DL depth, so I'm fine with the pick. I'm just glad the Packers or Patriots didn't get him; I think he woud've been a pain in the ass on those teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is turning into the old demons of drafts past thread.

AJ Jenkins over Janoris Jenkins will probably bug me for years too. Cordy Glenn would've been nice too because they could've forgotten about Joe Looney & drafted my guy Josh Chapman or even Brandon Boykin to return kicks.