• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 rumors making the rounds

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but there's no way in hell Texas would do that.

Kinsler has been the subject of trade talks this season and the Rangers want Profar in the infield. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler has been the subject of trade talks this season and the Rangers want Profar in the infield. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

They aren't going to sell low on a premier 2B just because they want to open up more playing time for Profar. I'm not saying LA can't get him, because they definitely can... but it will cost more than just Either and Beckett. That's for damn sure.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to sell low on a premier 2B just because they want to open up more playing time for Profar. I'm not saying LA can't get him, because they definitely can... but it will cost more than just Either and Beckett. That's for damn sure.

You can throw this comment out the door now...welcome to LA Alex Guerrero

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Ethier has been ripping the skin off the ball lately why give that away? No way do I support messing with this teams chemistry. No way!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what Dodger management is thinking? Remember we also have Joc in the wings and scouts were raving highly on him too. He may have an opportunity next year depending if we trade Ethier.

Ethier won't get traded.

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell Texas would do that.

Correct.
Yes it is.
Correct, although I don't think Kinsler is a "premier 2B" anymore. His contract is as bad as Ethiers' now.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Ethier has been ripping the skin off the ball lately why give that away? No way do I support messing with this teams chemistry. No way!
Yeah, there's no real urgency to trade Ethier. I don't see many trade possibilities for Ethier that would really help this team be better now. The Dodgers are crushing their division, not in sell-now-win-later mode.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will be the odd man out in the outfield next year so what will the Dodgers do? CC is untradeable.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CC has no arm. Other than that I'm happy with his play with Kemp out.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too but im just saying CC would be untradeable and one of our outfielders would have to go in the offseason. Also we have Joc waiting in the wings.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will be the odd man out in the outfield next year so what will the Dodgers do? CC is untradeable.

What's wrong with having 4 outfielders? Especially considering how injury-prone they have been. Maybe have a 4-outfielder rotation works better to keep everyone healthy?

What's the urgency to trade Ethier? How does trading him make the Dodgers better?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with having 4 outfielders? Especially considering how injury-prone they have been. Maybe have a 4-outfielder rotation works better to keep everyone healthy?

What's the urgency to trade Ethier? How does trading him make the Dodgers better?

Depends on who they get in return.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember guys, I was not suggesting we make these deals now. These are possibilities in the off season. IMO, whether Ethier stays or goes will depend on how healthy Kemp is at the start of ST in February.
As for Kinsler, someone stated it earlier in the thread....welcome to LA Alex Guererro!! :10:
I still think Freese ends up in Los Angeles. It makes sense for both teams.

So lets assume we start the year with 4 OF and rotate them (Kemp or Crawford can DH in interleague games)

There will be A LOT of offense there.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with keeping our four primary OF'ers. The key is keeping them healthy.

I would also be fine with acquiring Freese if the deal is reasonable. If Ethier is part of the deal then I believe we need to get more than Freese. Perhaps a pitcher as well.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who they get in return.

And, as everyone should know, they will not get much. Ethier has a huge contract so he's not going to bring back any top prospects. The only reason to trade Ethier is to avoid paying him, but of course no team would accept a trade for Ethier unless the Dodgers threw in a ton of cash.

So trading him will be expensive while not netting much in the way of top prospects. That doesn't sound so appealing to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, as everyone should know, they will not get much. Ethier has a huge contract so he's not going to bring back any top prospects. The only reason to trade Ethier is to avoid paying him, but of course no team would accept a trade for Ethier unless the Dodgers threw in a ton of cash.

So trading him will be expensive while not netting much in the way of top prospects. That doesn't sound so appealing to me.

No reason to trade him if that's the case. Someone else could be looking to dump a pricey player in a similar situation though, maybe a swap would work.