• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 rumors making the rounds

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 rumor is one that I heard in the offices of KMOX (Cardinals flagship) and I am ALL for it. Dee Gordon and a low level prospect for David Freese.

This is win/win for both teams and both major players involved. Freese obviously needs a change of scenery and so does Gordon. Dodgers need a 3B and Cards need a SS. We can send them another pitcher or maybe an OF to go with Gordon.

The other rumor is a little bit bigger of a deal and again it is good for both teams.

Andre Ethier and Josh Beckett (with the Dodgers paying for Beckett's 2014 salary) to Texas for Ian Kinsler.

The Rangers desperately want a place for prized prospect Jurikson Profar to play regularly. But with Beltre, Andrus and Kinsler all locked in to long term deals, he has just bounced around. The Rangers, even with Cruz back, will need more pop in the lineup, especially from the left side. Ethier brings that. With the Dodgers paying Beckett's salary for 2014, that allows the Rangers to get another pitcher in Free agency. In a sense, they would get 3 for 1.

Now, imagine if you will a 2014 opening day lineup like this:

LF Crawford
2B Kinsler
1B A Gone
CF Kemp
SS Han Ram
RF Puig
3B Freese
C Ellis

It could very easily happen and it can be done without gutting the farm system.... :omg:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make both deals. I think Freese would do well in L. A.. Kindler would be a good fit, also, but I think the Freese deal would be the first one to pursue.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU.....is this just water cooler talk or is it coming from a Cardinals source?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards were looking at that deal at the deadline but are now content to wait until the offseason from the reports I hear. Actually got the "we were looking at that deal at the deadline" directly from Mozeliak. I think that deal goes down before Christmas.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pitcher they were looking at was Matt McGill....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 rumor is one that I heard in the offices of KMOX (Cardinals flagship) and I am ALL for it. Dee Gordon and a low level prospect for David Freese.

Well, the last time the Dodgers traded a young prospect type guy to get a veteran run producing 3B, it did not work out so well.

Casey Blake gave the Dodgers 2 decent years, and 2 o.k 1/2 half years, while Carlos Santana is still producing for the Indians, and may well still for the next 10 years.

Just saying......

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was tough to give up Santana, and Ned never should have traded this guy away, but while Santana had a great upside before that trade was even made, Dee Gordon and Matt McGill are longshots to be productive major leaguers.

Freese has already shown that he has real talent. So, I'd gamble on doing that deal.

Kinsler would be okay, too, but I think the Dodgers will wait and see what happens on the Cano front and might even consider bringing back Mark Ellis at a reduced rate or an incentive type deal.

There is certainly room for improvement, even with the Dodgers success so far this season.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be fine making both of these trades.. Probably a pipe dream tho

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Freese deal has potential as I've read over the course of the season that the Cardinals weren't real happy with Freese's performance this season and they certainly need a SS given Furcal's injury woes.

So, the Freese deal could happen. Not sure the Kinsler deal will ever get any where, but who knows? Funny things happen in the Baseball world.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind either deal personally. Im not sure which one is more realistic however.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Freese trade is more realistic, only because Matt Carpenter is eventually gonna move to 3B and Kolten Wong is gonna take over at 2B, so Freese is probably the odd man out

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they take Dee Gordon and a low level prospect?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freese has shown he's clutch in crunch time, I'd do the deal in a second.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Ethier deal, I think Ethier still has a lot of value to us. We have the possibility of using Crawford against lefties and Ethier against righties, or if we make the series, we could have all 4 of our outfielders in the lineup.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Ethier deal, I think Ethier still has a lot of value to us. We have the possibility of using Crawford against lefties and Ethier against righties, or if we make the series, we could have all 4 of our outfielders in the lineup.

Beyond this year we have to make a decision on Ethier though and I think he gets traded and we still have Joc in the wings.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Ethier wont go anywhere next year not with the news of Matt Kemp's being out this year & who knows what kind of player will Kemp be next year...So Ethier you still have a job congrats

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Ethier wont go anywhere next year not with the news of Matt Kemp's being out this year & who knows what kind of player will Kemp be next year...So Ethier you still have a job congrats

Who knows what Dodger management is thinking? Remember we also have Joc in the wings and scouts were raving highly on him too. He may have an opportunity next year depending if we trade Ethier.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what Dodger management is thinking? Remember we also have Joc in the wings and scouts were raving highly on him too. He may have an opportunity next year depending if we trade Ethier.

I think Pedersen plays another year in the Minors. He needs time at AAA before taking on the Big Leagues. If Stan isn't paying attention Ned may try and trade him. :gaah:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pedersen plays another year in the Minors. He needs time at AAA before taking on the Big Leagues. If Stan isn't paying attention Ned may try and trade him. :gaah:

Silas the thought of Ned trading Joc scares me because he would probably give him away for nothing lol.:omg: