• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is enough of a liability that a team as bad as the Jazz wont even make him more than a short rotation player.

The guy I am worried about is George. If he figures out his shot a little more, he could be really good.

I love Vanderbilts effort. But he is not a good player.
You may want to go back and see Gobert's start in the NBA. He had a high block rate, but he was almost unplayable and spent time in the G-league. He was looked at a borderline bust before he started to put it together. Kessler has similar rim protection metrics while still figuring out the rest of it. His trajectory is almost identical to Gobert. There is every chance he never takes the next step, to not see the parallels there is crazyiness.

Your take on Vanderbilt is just flat wrong, teams are better when he is on the floor. He is not great at anything that will get the media ohhs and aahs, but he does the things that win. Namely defense and rebounding.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has never won anything without way more help than what Joker has. <---

Yes Lebron got some pretty bad teams to the finals in Cleveland. But he was doing that every year in a joke conference. Had Cleveland played in the west all those years, a ton of those Cleveland teams would have been lucky to get out of the 1st round.

Its so weird how unbalanced the two conferences have been for such a long time. And this year it looks just as pronounced as ever. Boston is the only team in the east this year that would have made it out of the western conference 1st round.

Hey if you're gonna try to talk some shit at the very least get it right. Gonna remind you of some of LeBron's teammates in '07 when the Cavs won the east.

Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Varejao, Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic, Donyell Marshall, Daniel Gibson.

That team probably doesn't make the playoffs without LeBron, let alone get all the way to the Finals.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is enough of a liability that a team as bad as the Jazz wont even make him more than a short rotation player.

The guy I am worried about is George. If he figures out his shot a little more, he could be really good. He is the guy the Wolves most likely would have picked had they not made the trade too.

I love Vanderbilts effort. But he is not a good player.

Vando is good, just exceedingly 1 dimensional.

Reactions: DJ

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if you're gonna try to talk some shit at the very least get it right. Gonna remind you of some of LeBron's teammates in '07 when the Cavs won the east.

Won the East. Like I said....Lebron didnt win shit without a star supporting cast much better than what Joker has. I dont consider winning that conference in most of the last 20 years much of an accomplishment. More often than not they have never have had more than one good team in the conference (at least come playoff time). And that was one of the years where they didnt even have one.

And it showed when they got to the finals against the Spurs and they were the only team the Spurs faced that year in the playoffs that they swept.

I love Lebron. But lets not act like he won something worth winning without a star studded cast around him. Always much better than what Joker has had.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won the East. Like I said....Lebron didnt win shit without a star supporting cast much better than what Joker has. I dont consider winning that conference in most of the last 20 years much of an accomplishment. More often than not they have never have had more than one good team in the conference (at least come playoff time). And that was one of the years where they didnt even have one.

And it showed when they got to the finals against the Spurs and they were the only team the Spurs faced that year in the playoffs that they swept.

I love Lebron. But lets not act like he won something worth winning without a star studded cast around him. Always much better than what Joker has had.

Okay name a single NBA champion that won it all without a solid supporting cast. Don't duck this question. Let's see how much you really know about the league.

You're just a LeBron hater. Which is fine. But it's silly to say he never won anything without a solid supporting cast. A conference champ is a conference champ.

Why won't you acknowledge the lack of talent on the roster when LeBron got the Cavs all the way to the Finals in '07?

"I don't consider winning that conference in most of the last 20 years much of an accomplishment."

Of course you don't. That's why you wanna try to make your own guidelines up.

KD didn't win anything until he joined a team he couldn't beat that were the 2x defending conference champs with the 2x league MVP. Odd you have no issue with that. Wonder why?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you liking the Nuggets chances tonight? Joker put on a clinic in game 5.
I’m always optimistic..up until the day of the game. Today I believe that the team that is in greatest danger (in this case survival) is the most dangerous team. So I think the series is headed back to Denver for game 7 on Saturday.

And may I be wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m always optimistic..up until the day of the game. Today I believe that the team that is in greatest danger (in this case survival) is the most dangerous team. So I think the series is headed back to Denver for game 7 on Saturday.

And may I be wrong.

Hopefully the Nuggets keep things rolling. They gonna put AG on Ant Man again? He did a damn good job game 5.

I'd like to see MPJ start hitting more shots.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Nuggets keep things rolling. They gonna put AG on Ant Man again? He did a damn good job game 5.

I'd like to see MPJ start hitting more shots.
I’m not sure MPJ does this series. Not a great matchup for him. He’s used to shooting over shorter defenders and Minny has the size to bother him. I really like MPJ, and he had a really good series vs the Lakers, but not vs Wolves. If Nuggets are fortunate to move on, I’d expect him to do better vs Thunder or Mavs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay name a single NBA champion that won it all without a solid supporting cast. Don't duck this question. Let's see how much you really know about the league.

You're just a LeBron hater. Which is fine. But it's silly to say he never won anything without a solid supporting cast. A conference champ is a conference champ.

Why won't you acknowledge the lack of talent on the roster when LeBron got the Cavs all the way to the Finals in '07?

"I don't consider winning that conference in most of the last 20 years much of an accomplishment."

Of course you don't. That's why you wanna try to make your own guidelines up.

KD didn't win anything until he joined a team he couldn't beat that were the 2x defending conference champs with the 2x league MVP. Odd you have no issue with that. Wonder why?

Dallas Mav team about 10 years back. Worst roster to win an NBA champ in my lifetime by a mile. Some impressive names on the roster but most were pretty shitty by that point (Kidd for instance).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Mav team about 10 years back. Worst roster to win an NBA champ in my lifetime by a mile. Some impressive names on the roster but most were pretty shitty by that point (Kidd for instance).

That roster was much better than the '07 Cavs. Try again.

"in my lifetime"

Do you remember Lakers Showtime in the 80's? Just wondering how far back you've been an NBA fan.

The 2011 Mavs had the best offensive rating (112.9) in the playoffs that year and during the regular season their defense was damn good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They swept the Lakers, who won it all the year before. That team was comparable to those Spurs team. A lot of veterans that could shoot, pass, play ridiculous defense and always seemed to make the right play. That team gelled. It was impressive to watch. All built around one superstar.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They had all home grown players or role players. They didn’t team up and run off to another team like James did
The issue for me is running to a team with big stars instead of building your own

lol

3 stars is 3 stars. Then they went and begged KD to come save them from Lebron.

But to you, that's okay.

Just admit that you hate Lebron, but don't really know why.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go Nuggets, I had them in 6!