• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Who does win without other stars?

Of all of the Lebron stupid Lebron takes out there...this is arguably the stupidest.

There have been teams with stars that were teamed up by FO's and/or choosing to play together to win titles since there's been an NBA.

The rosters of the Celtics teams that won all of those titles in the 60's and 70's and the Lakers teams the kept losing to them, both had multiple Hall of Famers. As did the Sixers and Knicks.

The Showtime Lakers, Bird Celtics and Dr. J Sixers and Bad Boy Pistons all had multiple stars and Hall of Famers.

MJ's Bulls didn't win shit until Pippen reached star status and several teams put stars together or those stars joined other stars to try to beat them.

Then you had the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Kobe/Pau Lakers, Robinson/Duncan Spurs, Stockton/Malone Jazz, KG, PP and Ray Allen Celtics.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and I believe, Draymond Green were all part of a group from the Warriors who flew out to meet with KD to persuade him to join them.

All of those with the exception of the Warriors, happened before Lebron went to Miami.

But please, tell us more about how only Lebron has to "team up with other stars".

And perhaps you can tell us why you don't bitch about the stars that joined him?
The Warriors

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the entire point for a player that cost 5 firsts in trade.

All the people wringing their hands about 5 1st round picks need to stick around for a couple more years when we can throw out the players used with those 5 first round picks just to show how almost completely useless they will end up being.

We got a legit top 100 player without having to give up a good player to get him here. I guarantee you our GM would do that trade again tomorrow if he had the chance.

Hell this is one of those years where the Wolves actually have their own 1st round picks. I bet they try like hell to give that away too. Late 1st round picks are not good value. That is why teams used to sell them for straight cash back in the day when that was still allowed about 10 years ago.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about them? Are you trying to claim they didn't have stars teamed up?

Did you not read the part where Curry, Klay and Draymond (3 stars) flew out to meet KD (another star) to join them?
Not for the first title. It was only when Green and his stupidity cost them the second title that they went and got Durant. Before that everyone was home grown

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Gobert is a bigger factor as a help defender than the primary defender. Jokic went right at him to take advantage of that.

Without question. Gobert even against normal centers isnt a great primary defender. Against one of the best centers to play the game, he was never going to slow down the Joker. His benefit all is from his help defense. Gobert without question is one of the best help defenders/rim protector in the history of the NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the first title. It was only when Green and his stupidity cost them the second title that they went and got Durant. Before that everyone was home grown

They had 3 stars for their first title and those 3 stars went together to persuade a 4th star to join them.

Doesn't matter if they were "homegrown" or not. They still had 3 stars.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question. Gobert even against normal centers isnt a great primary defender. Against one of the best centers to play the game, he was never going to slow down the Joker. His benefit all is from his help defense. Gobert without question is one of the best help defenders/rim protector in the history of the NBA.

You lost me with that last part lol. Couldn't just stop at the current league, had to reach for all time.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 3 stars for their first title and those 3 stars went together to persuade a 4th star to join them.

Doesn't matter if they were "homegrown" or not. They still had 3 stars.
Nope. They had all home grown players or role players. They didn’t team up and run off to another team like James did
The issue for me is running to a team with big stars instead of building your own

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They had all home grown players or role players. They didn’t team up and run off to another team like James did
The issue for me is running to a team with big stars instead of building your own

They literally went and added Durant because they lost to Lebron

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that not all opportunities are created equal right?

Crazy to downgrade a player because their front office was inadequate.

That is basically what you are doing.

And regardless of whether home grown or not, point is nobody wins titles alone.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the people wringing their hands about 5 1st round picks need to stick around for a couple more years when we can throw out the players used with those 5 first round picks just to show how almost completely useless they will end up being.

We got a legit top 100 player without having to give up a good player to get him here. I guarantee you our GM would do that trade again tomorrow if he had the chance.

Hell this is one of those years where the Wolves actually have their own 1st round picks. I bet they try like hell to give that away too. Late 1st round picks are not good value. That is why teams used to sell them for straight cash back in the day when that was still allowed about 10 years ago.
You are assuming they make all these picks till 2029. That is usually never the case. 1st's are so valuable bc they help facilitate trades. The Jazz will most certainly, when they are ready, trade at least some of these picks for players. That's when evaluating the trade gets more difficult.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me with that last part lol. Couldn't just stop at the current league, had to reach for all time.
I think what he is saying is Jokic is the best player of all-time and it isn't close.

You And Me GIF by NBA

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming they make all these picks till 2029. That is usually never the case. 1st's are so valuable bc they help facilitate trades. The Jazz will most certainly, when they are ready, trade at least some of these picks for players. That's when evaluating the trade gets more difficult.
I took more exception to the no good players part of his statement. Walker Kessler and Vanderbilt both good. Kessler has a shot at being what Gobert is on his own.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he is saying is Jokic is the best player of all-time and it isn't close.

You And Me GIF by NBA

Probably not the best ever.....

.....but anyone not mentioning in the top 10-15 any longer is behind the times already.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took more exception to the no good players part of his statement. Walker Kessler and Vanderbilt both good. Kessler has a shot at being what Gobert is on his own.

He is enough of a liability that a team as bad as the Jazz wont even make him more than a short rotation player.

The guy I am worried about is George. If he figures out his shot a little more, he could be really good. He is the guy the Wolves most likely would have picked had they not made the trade too.

I love Vanderbilts effort. But he is not a good player.