• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no chance in hell. Lebron carried teams. Jokic is not that guy. He has Murray and a hell of a lot of complimentary players and shooting around him. Denver feeds off chemistry and teamwork. It’s not a one man show
Bullshit, James never wins unless he teams up with other star players

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody wins by themselves.

And while Jokic doesn’t have any star teammates, he has very good supporting cast.

In fact, give me Denver’s supporting cast over almost any of Cleveland’s. 2016 and 2017 are the only ones that were probably better, IMO, and it’s pretty close.

Also, there is nothing close to the 2016-19 Warriors out there in the league today.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wins by themselves.

And while Jokic doesn’t have any star teammates, he has very good supporting cast.

In fact, give me Denver’s supporting cast over almost any of Cleveland’s. 2016 and 2017 are the only ones that were probably better, IMO, and it’s pretty close.

Also, there is nothing close to the 2016-19 Warriors out there in the league today.

It's close. Admittedly I'd take 2016 clevelands supporting cast but as you said it's not light years better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close. Admittedly I'd take 2016 clevelands supporting cast but as you said it's not light years better.

People get caught up on the names.

Kyrie and Love were better players than Murray and Gordon.

But in terms of fit around their star?

Give me the Nuggets guys by a lot.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very much think OKC will.

Minny can fuck this up.

They gotta respond here.
Going to tough for Minnesota. They can't do it as constructed, but Conley is well into his downside, KAT will not get smarter, and Gobert would be am awesome add...at half his salary.

I don't see how they retool without a bit of a risky teardown. KAT is the most unnecessary as Reid provides 80-90% of the value with 100% less of the bullshit.

They lack picks because of Gobert.

They still have a ton of positives. Edwards is going to be a star, McDaniels, Reid, and NAW are still an awesome foundation. Miller and Minot have a shot to be pretty damn good, both are 21 still.

I dream about Hawks giving up on current team and working out some kind of deal of KAT for Murray

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was @HurricaneDij39

Diehard nuggets fan since berth and expert on all things appropriate smack talk and handling win/losing with class.
Nuggs fan since summer of 2013 and proud... :thumb:

Denver went 36-46 in 2013-14, so I definitely inherited a championship ready roster upon joining that fan base, that much is for sure.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to tough for Minnesota. They can't do it as constructed, but Conley is well into his downside, KAT will not get smarter, and Gobert would be am awesome add...at half his salary.

I don't see how they retool without a bit of a risky teardown. KAT is the most unnecessary as Reid provides 80-90% of the value with 100% less of the bullshit.

They lack picks because of Gobert.

They still have a ton of positives. Edwards is going to be a star, McDaniels, Reid, and NAW are still an awesome foundation. Miller and Minot have a shot to be pretty damn good, both are 21 still.

I dream about Hawks giving up on current team and working out some kind of deal of KAT for Murray
This is also a pretty negative take by me when they could run back the team as is and be true contenders. Conley and Gobert will be what they are, but Ant, McDaniels, Miller, or Minot could all take the next step in any combination and pit the Wolves over the hump.

Plus Wolves will win the next 2 games anyway

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Curry and KD and Giannis and Kawhi and Duncan and Kobe and Shaq and Jordan and....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Who does win without other stars?

Of all of the Lebron stupid Lebron takes out there...this is arguably the stupidest.

There have been teams with stars that were teamed up by FO's and/or choosing to play together to win titles since there's been an NBA.

The rosters of the Celtics teams that won all of those titles in the 60's and 70's and the Lakers teams the kept losing to them, both had multiple Hall of Famers. As did the Sixers and Knicks.

The Showtime Lakers, Bird Celtics and Dr. J Sixers and Bad Boy Pistons all had multiple stars and Hall of Famers.

MJ's Bulls didn't win shit until Pippen reached star status and several teams put stars together or those stars joined other stars to try to beat them.

Then you had the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Kobe/Pau Lakers, Robinson/Duncan Spurs, Stockton/Malone Jazz, KG, PP and Ray Allen Celtics.

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and I believe, Draymond Green were all part of a group from the Warriors who flew out to meet with KD to persuade him to join them.

All of those with the exception of the Warriors, happened before Lebron went to Miami.

But please, tell us more about how only Lebron has to "team up with other stars".

And perhaps you can tell us why you don't bitch about the stars that joined him?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His entire role is to not get cooked lol

He's offensively limited
Dude...like I said.
Joker is a damn gourmet chef out there on the floor, and he's gonna cook the opposition's best defender...even when that defender is the 4x DPOY.
Some of the other Wolves didn't step up tonight....plus Mike Conley was out.
Wolves now have their backs against the wall....so they all better show up for game 6 in their own house.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...like I said.
Joker is a damn gourmet chef out there on the floor...and he's gonna cook the opposition's best defender....even if that defender is the 4x DPOY.

They traded 5 first round picks for this dude lol.

I was actually coming around to it being an OK decision

Back to awful again lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded 5 first round picks for this dude lol.

I was actually coming around to it being an OK decision

Back to awful again lol
He is a game changing presence.

Obvious physical gifts allow that to happen. But he’s a student of defensive basketball on top of that.

Just an awful overpay of epic proportions doesn’t change how good he is as a defender.

But man does Jokic have some stretches of just making him look pedestrian.

The coast to coast dunk after back to back bunnies brought me off the couch like I was doin the worm. Best player on the planet. Who nobody can stop.