• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 3) Timberwolves vs 6) Suns

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic is better, not a debate.

But, I would take Edwards over SGA also.
I think he can surpass donic, but as of now, agreed no.

Reactions: DJ

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No it wasn't. The Wolves don't get a lot of national attention.

Casuals tend to mainly watch their team and maybe some of the "bigger games" on weekends and some of the playoffs. The Wolves aren't exactly a perennial playoff team either and when they do make it, they tend to only last a round or 2.

Casuals aren't watching Minny vs. Indy on NBATV on a random Wednesday night or surfing through 3 or 4 games at the same time like us hoops junkies.

Ants not on a bunch of commercials like other star players and the league doesn't promote him like they do some others that are in bigger markets.

So, it actually makes sense that casuals wouldn't know him...yet.

Huh?? The wolves were on national tv about 20 times this year. I know because thats the only time I ever watched them seeing as Bally sucks ass.

Ant literally is in commercials and he was in a goddamn netflix movie(joke of a platform but everyone uses it). He was an all star(or do "fans") not watch that either?

Also while the wolves are a joke of a org they have essentially been a perennial playoff team under Ant

If a causal "watches their team" they are not goddamn too retarded to retain the name of the best player on the other team haha.

This isnt even a debate. People are dumb. But they are not all mentally disabled or live under rocks.

As I said to tlance, this isnt some big pro Ant argument either. There are about 25 players that any person with even a semblance of brain activity while also being a "fan" casual or other wise would recognize.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?? The wolves were on national tv about 20 times this year. I know because thats the only time I ever watched them seeing as Bally sucks ass.

Ant literally is in commercials and he was in a goddamn netflix movie(joke of a platform but everyone uses it). He was an all star(or do "fans") not watch that either?

Also while the wolves are a joke of a org they have essentially been a perennial playoff team under Ant

If a causal "watches their team" they are not goddamn too retarded to retain the name of the best player on the other team haha.

This isnt even a debate. People are dumb. But they are not all mentally disabled or live under rocks.

As I said to tlance, this isnt some big pro Ant argument either. There are about 25 players that any person with even a semblance of brain activity while also being a "fan" casual or other wise would recognize.

What were the ratings on those national games?

Especially compared to some of the bigger market teams.

Couldn't tell you a single commercial that I've seen Ant on and I'm a hoops junkie.

I think you're underestimating the retardation level of casuals.

It's not an attack on Ant to say that casuals don't know who he is. I think the league needs to do a better job of promoting players like him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donic, no

SGA, it's a fair debate. I'd take Ant, I'm biased, but still would. Closer than a lot of people think

Ant is 22
SGA is 25

Ant is ahead of where SGA was at 22, is already a better defender than SGA
No on the defender, Shai led the league in steals

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to defense than just steals.

Come on, man...
Yes there is, see Lu Dort. steals matter though and when you are first in the league it means something.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is, see Lu Dort. steals matter though and when you are first in the league it means something.
Sure, it means SOMETHING.

But, that something isn't he is a better defender than Edwards. And that is what the topic was when you quoted pnkpanther. Because, you SPECIFICALLY mentioned it.

:L

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it means SOMETHING.

But, that something isn't he is a better defender than Edwards. And that is what the topic was when you quoted pnkpanther.

:L
It doesn’t mean he’s not either.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the ratings on those national games?

Especially compared to some of the bigger market teams.

Couldn't tell you a single commercial that I've seen Ant on and I'm a hoops junkie.

I think you're underestimating the retardation level of casuals.

It's not an attack on Ant to say that casuals don't know who he is. I think the league needs to do a better job of promoting players like him.

Ratings? No clue but I highly doubt they were all wolves fans.

If you go up to a random 20-55 year old person tomorrow and ask if they know of the name Anthony Edwards theres like a 70% chance they will say ya and that wouldnt even need to meet this random ass casual fan criteria which balloons to literally 99%

If a person has social media and follows sports they are going to know the name Anthony Edwards again, along with like 20 other basketball players.

Shit this convo initially took place on the superstars thread(i agreed he is not a superstar) but right now there is literal talk going on for the last week about if Ant is in that convo. Hes a hell of a lot closer to being a superstar than a casual unknown. Its a wild take with really nothing to even support it.

At least I can support my stance by saying people would have to be blind hermits with forrest gumps IQ.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wherever you land on the debate you have solid ground. Neither team would take a heads up trade for the other. I am hoping the Wolves can get by Denver and we will all get to watch the two of them make their case in at least 4 games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings? No clue but I highly doubt they were all wolves fans.

If you go up to a random 20-55 year old person tomorrow and ask if they know of the name Anthony Edwards theres like a 70% chance they will say ya and that wouldnt even need to meet this random ass casual fan criteria which balloons to literally 99%

If a person has social media and follows sports they are going to know the name Anthony Edwards again, along with like 20 other basketball players.

Shit this convo initially took place on the superstars thread(i agreed he is not a superstar) but right now there is literal talk going on for the last week about if Ant is in that convo. Hes a hell of a lot closer to being a superstar than a casual unknown. Its a wild take with really nothing to even support it.

At least I can support my stance by saying people would have to be blind hermits with forrest gumps IQ.
Then no one is disagreeing with you. The consensus is Ant is not a superstar yet but well on his way and may get there as soon as now if the Wolves go to the conference finals or beyond

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ant did not finish top 15 in jersey sales so yeah the casuals might not know him